Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Imagine the difference if he pops up the Raw after mania!

This is what i said to a mate - can you imagine if finn comes out to a fued - love a rollins fued to be honest - on mania or the raw after mania!! Fans are all smarks so the reaction - i think anyways - would be awesome!! and would actually help with he's push cos kids will watch it on tv - hear the cheers - and then cheer him the next week!! Also the gimmick is gonna be gold for kids and merch!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It is more than likely he is going to called up some time this week. Either by winning that Battle Royal at Axxess Friday or just spontaneously on Raw kind of like Paige did last year.

I know not everyone has watched this week's NXT yet and I believe in spoilers but the outcome of Owens/Balor was kind of a farce. It was recorded a month ago. Owens won. Balor has now wrestled Owens, Itami and Neville essentially everyone in NXT realistically. Saying that I believe he will on the April 23rd NXT TV taping tying up lose ends
    wrestling Tyler Breeze to blow off the feud they start in a few weeks.

His stint in NXT was only meant to be short, is paid main roster money and turns 34 in July. The time is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

rovert wrote: »
    The time is now.

Hopefully!!

I really don't want Balor wasted in the battle royal!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

rovert wrote: »
    It is more than likely he is going to called up some time this week. Either by winning that Battle Royal at Axxess Friday or just spontaneously on Raw kind of like Paige did last year.

I know not everyone has watched this week's NXT yet and I believe in spoilers but the outcome of Owens/Balor was kind of a farce. It was recorded a month ago. Owens won. Balor has now wrestled Owens, Itami and Neville essentially everyone in NXT realistically. Saying that I believe he will on the April 23rd NXT TV taping tying up lose ends
    wrestling Tyler Breeze to blow off the feud they start in a few weeks.

His stint in NXT was only meant to be short, is paid main roster money and turns 34 in July. The time is now.
    Not to be "that guy" but have you got any word that he will be called up soon? As in before Summerslam?

No real word. I am just reading the signs to be honest and reading forward on the NXT spoilers.

Something dramatically wrong would have to happen for him not to debut before Summerslam say an injury. Or NXT as nationally touring promotion would have to take off hugely if WWE to take him there.

WWE is flying EVERYONE to San Jose. NXT trainees you've never heard of. I KNOW Paige was told the day of Raw that she was debuting. If she knew sooner her mother who was in the same State would have been there. Anything can happen if Triple H or Vince McMahon get the notion. But I really think Balor debuts between now and Raw. If it isn't the plan already WWE officials who don't generally pay attention to NXT will probably be at WWE Axxess where NXT will have matches and at the NXT Live Event on Saturday and they will see 4,000 people going bananas for Balor and other acts. I think Sasha Banks stock in particular will rise a lot at that NXT Live Event but that's another thread. Anyways my general point is if you are an NXT name building momentum through out the weekend should be a piece of piss if you are true pro. Balor KNOWS how get over and come across as a star.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

do you think this tweet may have been a hint by WWE about Bálor?

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/580851769963581440

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Nah, its very much in reference to HHHs "Terminator" entrance for WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And I wouldn't see him doing his NXT entrance unless he had promos running beforehand. Like I couldn't see him coming to the ring like that if interrupting Seth Rollins or whoever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Just watched Balór and Owens.

I don't know if it's just me, but I think given Finn's short stature and lean physique, the WWE Universe will expect his matches to be fast-paced affairs. Any match I've seen him in thus far seems to be the slower, hard-hitting Japanese style which I'd have my doubts will get over to the grander audience. Hopeful nonetheless, but worried all the same. Fingers crossed for Ferg!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Just watched Balór and Owens.

I don't know if it's just me, but I think given Finn's short stature and lean physique, the WWE Universe will expect his matches to be fast-paced affairs. Any match I've seen him in thus far seems to be the slower, hard-hitting Japanese style which I'd have my doubts will get over to the grander audience. Hopeful nonetheless, but worried all the same. Fingers crossed for Ferg!

He's working main event style matches on NXT, because that's where he naturally fits on the card. So that's all slow, slow, slow, fast, fast, fast, then a few dramatic falsies before the finish. He can do the 8-minute, cruiser-style matches when needed: look at his match with Neville from R-Evolution for example (it was probably more 12-15 mins but same 'don't bore us get to the chorus' idea).

Though, to be fair, for performers like Balor working a TV match that's just there to fill time must be the biggest adjustment they have to make. I'd love to pick his brain a few months after getting called up and see if he really enjoys that aspect, plenty of people who pride themselves on being pure wrestlers don't. It'd wind me up anyway - putting your body on the line for a popcorn TV storyline that's ultimately inconsequential, being told what to do and getting little artistic freedom or satisfaction. That's something to watch for, though I'm sure he'll just sail through it as he has the other challenges that have come his way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

He won't have to work any different to Rollins, Ziggler or Bryan. He is already better at the key High Spots/Pace changing moments than Ambrose (who fans like) so I think he will be grand.

It is him versus Itami later tonight at Axxess in the final of the NXT tournment. Itami beat Neville and Balor beat Breeze.

Itami COULD go over in that due to Fujinami's HOF induction and WWE Network being a thing in Japan.

japan-flag.gif

Balor got Pearl Harbored, lads.

CBE01SYVEAAfRKw.jpg

Fujinami embraced Itami after the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Finn has new tights ready for Monday I see :)

i think this could be to test what the crowd is like @ mania - whether to have him come out at mania or not! I think if hideo gets a pop at the pre-show they might consider bringing finn out to start a storyline somewhere through mania - rather than raw - could be an interesting fued with wyatt with finns gimmick! maybe!

Also glad he aint just gonna get lost in a battle royal for his debut!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm glad his callup isn't being wasted on a pre-show Battle Royale, I know it's still WM but he wouldn't get time to have "his moment" in that kind of environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

Rovey, what was that you were teasing on twitter last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'd have much preferred to see Bálor in the Battle Royal. Itami seems throttled to me or something, like he's holding back. (I'm sure it's not his choice - he has to wrestle the "WWE" way now)

With that being said, if he could somehow win the thing, then that'd be a great way to introduce him to the main roster

A weird timing thing happened. Balor made his entrance the same time the Wrestlers signing autographs were changing over at Axxess. So one side of the room were cheering Balor and other were cheering for the appearance of Reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Check out the match at Axxess!

you think they wanted to showcase nxt at axcess at a high level - and with how much finn and hideo know and have worked with each other - that it was probably the most confident match they could put on - considering sami is injured and all!
    Just thought that when you consider the long term nxt boys must be raging cos both are only there 3-6 months now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Is Balor being called up this week actually likely or are we just hoping? :)

veganrun wrote: »
    Is Balor being called up this week actually likely or are we just hoping? :)

Hoping/just makes sense to me at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Could well see it happening on raw myself, but how would he come out. Love to debut with the facepaint on. Who would he clash with tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Could well see it happening on raw myself, but how would he come out. Love to debut with the facepaint on. Who would he clash with tbh.

I'd like to see him do the whole facepaint and NXT entrance but it might be weird on Raw, especially as he's had no build up there to announce him arriving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

veganrun wrote: »
    I'd like to see him do the whole facepaint and NXT entrance but it might be weird on Raw, especially as he's had no build up there to announce him arriving.

To be fair Paige came out on Raw last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Bray Wyatt.

He beats Taker at Mania then on Raw cuts a promo about how he is now the new face of fear and that there are no more Demons in the darkness that can challenge his place at the top of the foodchain in the WWE until...Boom Devitt comes out in his full facepaint to say otherwise.

The Smark heavy crowd go bananas for him and he is instantly over and seems a big deal

Advertisement