Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Bray Wyatt.

He beats Taker at Mania then on Raw cuts a promo about how he is now the new face of fear and that there are no more Demons in the darkness that can challenge his place at the top of the foodchain in the WWE until...Boom Devitt comes out in his full facepaint to say otherwise.

I'd mark out like f*ck!.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

id mark out all over the place!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Bray Wyatt.

He beats Taker at Mania then on Raw cuts a promo about how he is now the new face of fear and that there are no more Demons in the darkness that can challenge his place at the top of the foodchain in the WWE until...Boom Devitt comes out in his full facepaint to say otherwise.

The Smark heavy crowd go bananas for him and he is instantly over and seems a big deal

Conceptually I really like it but Wyatt sucks the heat out of everything and everyone he is involved with. I will say I don't have a decent alternative suggestion of who could be a natural feud for Balor. I just have a list of matches as long as my arm of people I'd like to see him Wrestle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

rovert wrote: »
    Conceptually I really like it but Wyatt sucks the heat out of everything and everyone he is involved with. I will say I don't have a decent alternative suggestion of who could be a natural feud for Balor. I just have a list of matches as long as my arm of people I'd like to see him Wrestle.
    Don't think he sucked the heat out of the feud with Taker to be honest, he has done extremely well to keep this feud going. I think him vs Balor would be awesome! It's a big start for Balor and a way for Wyatt to keep his momentum going!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I kinda agree but I don't see a better fit for him to debut against, think the facepaint entrance especially with someone like Bray where it would be less out of place (esp after Taker) would make for one hell of a moment and would get him over in 1 moment especially with the post Mania Raw crowd and If the WWE have any reservations about him on the Mic then putting him in with the guy they were happy to have do 100% of the Mic work for a several week long Mania feud would make sense even if many have qualms about his rambling style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bray Wyatt.

The Smark heavy crowd go bananas for him and he is instantly over and seems a big deal
    Gold. Solid gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Ridley

I kinda agree but I don't see a better fit for him to debut against, think the facepaint entrance especially with someone like Bray where it would be less out of place (esp after Taker) would make for one hell of a moment and would get him over in 1 moment especially with the post Mania Raw crowd and If the WWE have any reservations about him on the Mic then putting him in with the guy they were happy to have do 100% of the Mic work for a several week long Mania feud would make sense even if many have qualms about his rambling style.

If they teamed up, Balor could be Wyatt's Kane. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I want him with no face or body paint. He is so much better than just paint. His real shooter, rock n roller bullet club stuff was great.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm getting goosebumps from that Heyman photo. Imagine they dropped him straight into the main event. :eek: I'm getting carried away with the Mania excitement already. :o

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »
    I'm getting goosebumps from that Heyman photo. Imagine they dropped him straight into the main event. :eek: I'm getting carried away with the Mania excitement already. :o

Worked out terribly for Cesaro but Balor probably does need to someone to talk for him.

Worked out terribly for Cesaro but Balor probably does need to someone to talk for him.
    Brock has gotten so much better at talking as well because of Heyman. It's the only thing Balor is missing and being under the tutelage of Heyman would not be a bad start!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Brock has gotten so much better at talking as well because of Heyman. It's the only thing Balor is missing and being under the tutelage of Heyman would not be a bad start!

There's a lot to be said about Heyman's "tutelage". It is not just an eye for talent thing or some sort of benevolent mentoring. It is also latching on to clear potential stars in order that they will pay him favours when they become stars. There's a lot of attempted Heyman guys: Mr. Perfect, Undertaker, Sting, John Cena people who saw him for what he was and dropped him early on.

Another thing Heyman used to do was initially give you bad advice on how you should act in a situation, then you would get in trouble and then Heyman would step in and properly fix the situation. Heyman doing that was a big reason why CM Punk got into so much political hot water in OVW and early in his stint in WWE.

There's a lot to be said about Heyman's "tutelage". It is not just an eye for talent thing or some sort of benevolent mentoring. It is also latching on to clear potential stars in order that they will pay him favours when they become stars. There's a lot of attempted Heyman guys: Mr. Perfect, Undertaker, Sting, John Cena people who saw him for what he was and dropped him early on.

Another thing Heyman used to do was initially give you bad advice on how you should act in a situation, then you would get in trouble and then Heyman would step in and properly fix the situation. Heyman doing that was a big reason why CM Punk got into so much political hot water in OVW and early in his stint in WWE.
    Ah but surely he has mellowed out now though. He is such an asset to the WWE and definitely one of the people that will draw in viewers. Plus Devitt is a Triple H project. I can't imagine he would allow Heyman to fcuk with him and Devitt probably has the cop on to not let that happen either. All he needs is to work on his mic skills, Heyman can definitely help with that.

Ah but surely he has mellowed out now though. He is such an asset to the WWE and definitely one of the people that will draw in viewers. Plus Devitt is a Triple H project. I can't imagine he would allow Heyman to fcuk with him and Devitt probably has the cop on to not let that happen either. All he needs is to work on his mic skills, Heyman can definitely help with that.

By all accounts he has stopped grabbing for power. He makes suggestions and stuff but he isn't engaging in shouting matches with Vince and Stephanie anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Personally I don't want Finn near Heyman for the simple reason he would be a heel. I'd prefer him as a babyface pushed strong who will sell a lot of merch and that way get Vince's attention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Brock has gotten so much better at talking as well because of Heyman.

Where's the evidence of this?

WWE Axxess and not the NXT San Jose Live Event - that's later:

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/581635653827366912

Tugboats wrote: »
    Where's the evidence of this?
    Compare Brock at the start of his WWE run to his last live promo. HUGE difference.

Demon Balor vs Neville is the San Jose main event
    https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/581724617166970880

• Advertisement

wjCIp6i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

not a fan of that finisher at all!

D.Q wrote: »
    not a fan of that finisher at all!

Glad you are excited for him. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Glad you are excited for him. :p

haha huge fan of everything else, just cant picture that being the finish to a world title match at Mania.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I am really curious about what he will do on the main show. Hopefully Owens injury won't slow him down getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I'd put money on him getting a new finish shortly after he's called up.

In that interview Balor passed his driving test. One less (pretty underrated) reason why he doesn't need to be based at NXT anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

In that interview Balor passed his driving test. One less (pretty underrated) reason why he doesn't need to be based at NXT anymore.

First graduate of the American Dream Dusty Rhodes Driving School.

He ain't gonna need no Bicycle /In Dusty's voice.

Advertisement