Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

The Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn promo last night suggest Balor is completely out of the title picture now, can only expect a raw debut now.

Dont know how to link it but I'm the dude in the Ireland jersey that he retweeted at Axxess :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Stuff going around about Finn:

One of the alternative NXT names for him was Danny Best.

He has vowed to be on the Wrestlemania 32 card the only way he won't is if he is dead.

Apparently Stephanie McMahon was super into the Balor/Neville match at the San Jose show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah he mentions the Danny Best thing in the interview above. Didn't seem too enthused about the name unsurprisingly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Such a Norn Iron name! Would be suited to Finlay's son.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yeah that was a good interview with Devitt.

I like the idea of his name representing a bit of an internal duel, duel personality with the Demon and the man.

Its interesting to me as it flags the war paint, the demonic idea for his persona to be where they will go with him. I always thought it was something he was doing more short term to showcase his charisma and also play to the NXT audience but when he explains things more it points to a more long term idea.

I suppose it works for a face and if he goes heel down the road he can reinvent himself more like the Prince Devitt persona he evolved into in NJPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Just got in this months WWE Mobile content and 2 of the pictures are of Finn.

They never send random NXT guys so I think this points to a call up sooner rather than later!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wonder....

On Raw, they did
    Cena issues an open challange.

I'd imagine that this could be a weekly thing, with various people stepping up for shots at the title. Wonder if they'd "Do a Carlito", and have Finn be one of those who wants a shot, and maybe even beats Cena?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Or maybe there just pissing off the IWC and there going to have Cena go through the whole mid card roster .....

Actually seems far more likely

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Or maybe there just pissing off the IWC and there going to have Cena go through the whole mid card roster .....

Unify ALL the titles! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Therein lies the problem.

You put a mid card title on a top guy to try and elevate it. He has a string of good matches and then he's accused of burying the younger guys.

If he can keep up the standard he set on RAW, no one will be buried. Ambrose looked very strong in defeat imo. It was his best match in months and the first time i've really invested in him since the Rollins feud.

I'm not having a go at you personally, but Cena really can't win sometimes.

His STF is still **** though. Drives me crazy.

I'm gonna stay off topic here for a second , I like Cena he's the backbone of the company and rightfully so, But I don't see the point of him defending it every week ,Last person i remember doing that was Bret Hart with World Title years back and that was different because he was never booked dominant

If cena goes through likes of ambrose etc regardless of how there beaten is a bit silly i'd much rather a series kind of like ironiclly enough Cena's one with Booker T with the US title , You can elevate Ambrose then by actuallly having him beat Cena a few times but ultimately you have Cena go over and Ambrose gets a massive bump from the series

Wasn't posted here I believe. But as Balor says here: https://twitter.com/wwebalor/status/583082203732676608

Jushin Liger was ringside in San Jose. Liger is a legend of legends obviously but was also always very kind to Devitt in New Japan. So anyway Liger did Balor's entrance routine along with him while watching in the crowd.

I'd love to see Liger in a one off match at Wrestlemania and maybe a short run afterwards, Put him in there with someone like Bryan or Balor and let them go hell for leather

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'd no idea Liger was close to Devitt.

Liger vs Pillman from Superbrawl 92 is a favourite of mine. Ahead of its time. Very fun match.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

'92 WCW was on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

In regards Cena, I love the idea of him issuing open challenges weekly and putting on good matches against midcarders. The match last raw did Ambrose no dis service, and when eventually he is beaten the guy that does it will now hold a relevant title after beating a fighting champion

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'd no idea Liger was close to Devitt.

Well they wrested with or against each other at least a number times:
    http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=455&page=4&search=devitt :P

Devitt's first big role in New Japan was joining Liger's heel CTU stable. Liger also booked the New Japan Junior's division and gave Balor a major push.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

He'll get some pop I hope

VOjcicU.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Calling it now Raw April 13th is when Finn will debut.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Interesting finisher moves

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Bloody Sunday? Could be a bit controversial if he uses it on Wade Barrett!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

He's already done the reverse Bloody Sunday, just under a different name. Can't see WWE keeping the Bloody Sunday name if he does start using it (I can't remember him using it yet)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd say Furg is going through the NXT women for sport.

#cammyjunt

Advertisement