Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Hopefully he goes up soon. There's not much more left for him to do in NXT except perhaps face Samoa Joe and/or win the title but that's not too important either. On the other hand if Sami is injured and Owens moves up full time they're a bit short on "star power" for live events.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,529 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is he on a main roster contract or an NXT contract?

If he is on main roster money down in NXT he might be happy with there plans for him.

Is he on a main roster contract or an NXT contract?

If he is on main roster money down in NXT he might be happy with there plans for him.

More or less main roster money according to most reports. They must be saving him for something fairly big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

martyos121 wrote: »
    If it is, they'd want to save it for Mania. A matchup that good should not be wasted. Think of the entrances!

Summerslam perhaps is the plan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Wouldn't take the ad too seriously but advertising Balor for an October music festival NXT Live Event has me concerned:
    https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/603285096330895361

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It might be better to debut at SummerSlam where there's slightly less people watching as critics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I am actually in no hurry to see him leave NXT, probably in the minority here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

rovert wrote: »
    Wouldn't take the ad too seriously but advertising Balor for an October music festival NXT Live Event has me concerned:
    https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/603285096330895361

All three of those are likely to be on the main roster by then.

I'd buy that for a dollar (or $9.99 as the case may be).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Just imagine that!

Last night's NXT Live Event was largely of the same as Friday except it was headlined by Enzo, Cass and Balor vs Corbin and The Mechanics but this picture is cute:
    https://twitter.com/WGWDesign/status/605001793928458240/photo/1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Just had a vision of Corbin getting called up, with his entrance featuring a motorcycle and having his own mechanics.

From a vignette last night spelling out the Jekyll and Hyde thing:
    https://twitter.com/ConnorJA_/status/608804776244047872

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Definitely a Leland Palmer/Bob thing going on!

tumblr_lponyzO2pt1qdy4fko1_500.gif

So do we think Devitt goes half body paint/half normal for the Tokyo show?

Don't make a Roddy Piper Wrestlemania 6 joke.

He'll go the full hog I imagine. Looking forward to this now, and it'll be on at a decent Irish time as well.

I wonder will this show be hyped on Raw & Smackdown given the Brock element?

The statement at the end still has me intrigued.

rovert, do you mean it could be a full call up?

rovert, do you mean it could be a full call up?

Nah. More of a character reboot or upgrade.

• Advertisement

Yeah there's only been subtle references up to a few weeks ago of him embracing or hiding his inner demon so looks like they're going the full hog now alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What do you mean subtle references? They have openly talked about the demon since he first used the bodypaint I thought. I'm really looking forward to this. I assume he goes over.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,529 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any chance that NJPW will buy ringside tickets and fill them with members of The Bullet Club I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Any chance that NJPW will buy ringside tickets and fill them with members of The Bullet Club I wonder.

I could see Gallows, Gun and Fale doing it for S#its and giggles to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Would it be heelish if Cena caused Owens to lose the belt to Finn in Japan so that Owens still looks strong.

Can see Balor going over pretty clean in that one to be honest. It's Japan where he's huge and Owens will be done with NXT shortly. Sets him up as the big deal in NXT for the next while.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Can see Balor going over pretty clean in that one to be honest. It's Japan where he's huge and Owens will be done with NXT shortly. Sets him up as the big deal in NXT for the next while.

Actually I'd say you could be right, I would sincerely doubt that this show would have any effect on the current storylines regardless of whether it's on the Network or not, so once the event is over they can just pretend it never happened really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Actually I'd say you could be right, I would sincerely doubt that this show would have any effect on the current storylines regardless of whether it's on the Network or not, so once the event is over they can just pretend it never happened really.

Well its for the nxt title so it will have an effect on storylines.

ricero wrote: »
    Well its for the nxt title so it will have an effect on storylines.

In terms of Cena and Owens I'm sure they'll carry on as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

In terms of Cena and Owens I'm sure they'll carry on as usual.

Personally I hope cena and Owens is done by then although cena feuds tend to go on too long and I hope it doesent here so Owens can leave it looking like a boss instead of someone cena eventually overcame. Hell even have Owens big up the network and Baylor by promoting that bout on Raw saying he's glad to be done with cena as he has a real challenge coming up in Japan.

Advertisement