Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Personally I hope cena and Owens is done by then although cena feuds tend to go on too long and I hope it doesent here so Owens can leave it looking like a boss instead of someone cena eventually overcame. Hell even have Owens big up the network and Baylor by promoting that bout on Raw saying he's glad to be done with cena as he has a real challenge coming up in Japan.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cena won at MITB, followed by a win for Owens at Battleground and then possibly a cage match at SummerSlam to end the feud which I'd see Owens winning. It would finish 2-2 but with Owens winning at Summerslam he'd look good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I wouldn't be surprised if Cena won at MITB, followed by a win for Owens at Battleground and then possibly a cage match at SummerSlam to end the feud which I'd see Owens winning. It would finish 2-2 but with Owens winning at Summerslam he'd look good.

I'd be happy with that and if it happened no doubt Finn beating him would be referenced by cena / cole and co as he would no longer have the belt. They would prob eventually fight over the us title then unless Owens cost Cena the title by interfering in one of his open challenges to allow his opponents get the win.

Makes me think we won't see Devitt called up for a while yet tho as I don't think they will want so many names leaving nxt at once esp not champs (playing hot potato with the belt)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'd say Devitt will be kept in NXT until Zayn and Itami are back. That's probably longer than they would have intended but they need him there at the moment with Owens leaving.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Haha, Cena letting another talent win a feud. :pac:

Can count on one hand the people who he has let walk out of a feud a winner in recent times....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Haha, Cena letting another talent win a feud. :pac:

Can count on one hand the people who he has let walk out of a feud a winner in recent times....

Still though i'd say it is a similar number to those who have beaten him clean on a PPV. This time it was 100% clean too no I didn't tap I just passed out (Rusev) or I was actually fighting with a lump on my elbow the size of tennis ball announcement the next night (Bryan). Who knows they might just be that high on Owens (hope against hope I know) and sure in the outlined scenario it was technically 2-2
    Pentecost wrote: »
    I'd say Devitt will be kept in NXT until Zayn and Itami are back. That's probably longer than they would have intended but they need him there at the moment with Owens leaving.

Yeah something like that would make sense to me and hopefully they will have built up a few others (new guys) by then too like Uhaa Nation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Do they really need to keep people like Devitt off tv?

NXT tapings are irregular, not the dates that main roster tv happen, house shows don't need everyone on them to suceed if they use some of the main roster people as well. WWE have no shortage of well known people under contract.

Part of having Owens as NXT champion on RAW/Smackdown must be to make NXT even more relevant to strengthen a possible touring show. Getting someone like Devitt on TV could help there as well.

As regards Owens, losing the NXT title would have to impact storylines as its a big part of his presentation so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is Uhaa Nation going to be called One Man Nation then? I'd be worried that he never reaches any higher than his namesake did on the card, in much the same way that Bad News Barrett doesn't seem to be ascending too much higher than Bad News Brown. Anyway, as someone said here a page or so back, it's no harm having Finn stay on NXT a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Like Diesel and Bob Backlund, Owens dropped the NXT title to Balor at a house show.....Well no, it didnt happen but this pic did come out!

CHboTzyWEAAGVIX.jpg

Did he end up holding the title after some altercation, and was he teaming with Amore & Cassady?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Advertisement

When's that game coming out? He'll surely be on the main roster by then if he's being used to promote the game. Or maybe that was the original plan which has now been pushed back due to the injuries in NXT?

When's that game coming out? He'll surely be on the main roster by then if he's being used to promote the game. Or maybe that was the original plan which has now been pushed back due to the injuries in NXT?

October 27

Expect "everyone" from NXT in the game is the good word. Everyone who was around back in February/the NXT Rival show.

The game is set to have the biggest roster in WWE games history. Expect lot's of NXT guys, legends and of course DLC!

The game is set to have the biggest roster in WWE games history. Expect lot's of NXT guys, legends and of course DLC!

Feckin Rosa Mendes and Cameron let it slip they are in the game on social media.

Sasha Banks said she was scanned too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Blue Pants DLC. Calling it now.

Consider the source but there's newz reports that Balor won't be called up this year:
    http://www.inquisitr.com/2100181/wwe-news-very-latest-on-finn-balors-wwe-main-roster-call-up-triple-h-still-hesitant/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Did an 8 year old write that article?

My god.

Did an 8 year old write that article?

My god.

I had a reply to this post drafted now but I am not sure if I can post it now. All I attempt to do is try to add to the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

rovert wrote: »
    Sasha Banks said she was scanned too.

Sasha Banks pregnancy confirmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

brianblaze wrote: »
    Sasha Banks pregnancy confirmed

Did Finn, or the demon do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

It was Rikishi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

rovert wrote: »
    I had a reply to this post drafted now but I am not sure if I can post it now. All I attempt to do is try to add to the conversation.

No criticism of yourself in the slightest sir. Just reading it it seems like the writer was making assumptions and added to that it was written poorly.

As you said above I'd question the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Palo Alto wrote: »
    It was Rikishi.

Did he do it for love or did he do it for da rock?

That Finn Balor profile piece which I thought was a WWE Network special with Becky talking on it airs on tonight's NXT. Shows footage from ICW, RPW etc. Meant to be amazing.

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/611272176096931840/photo/1

Them being on screen together and acknowledging their association on WWE TV is a pretty big deal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I have this image if Finn and Becky running the performance centre in 10/15 years time. Does he have a match or just a video tonight?

With the NXT title now appearing on WWE tv would Finn winning in Japan make a call up inevitable to keep it in peoples eyes as important, prestigious and help sell touring brand tickets?

Becky's very cute there and they're both so young looking!

The video is 8 minutes long and it is smiling from ear to ear stuff. As good as the ESPN NXT piece.

Crazy to see and hear the local "the collective conversation" talking points about Devitt and Becky be displayed on screen in such a high production way. So rewarding for me as fan and to be honest personally.

If I annoyed you talking about either so strongly on here it probably should explain why I felt so passionately about them both individually and collectively. WWE completely nailed it and got both over as stars. An amazing piece. Can't speak more highly of it.

Do you know them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

Never thought I'd see the day when the DART was on wwe tv

Advertisement