Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,015 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think one thing I noticed was what Devitt is like as a person. I know Becky described him as humble and all, but then the fact Fergal goes and uses his time for self promotion to talk about Becky and praise her says a lot about him.

Do you think the fact they showed him in various make up could lead to changing on occasion in WWE or are they just going to stick with the demon as a kind of brand for him?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ya he's tremendously professional and I've only ever heard positive things about him. I reckon probably for the first few years he'll just use the Demon outfit to establish it, and then he'd branch off into a special costume on occasion like Rey Rey. Fair play to him doing & keeping up these 6+ hour bodypaint sessions!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I didn't like the fact they used his UK farewell tour to make it look as though that was pre-Japan. I understand that visually it made sense but when you're catering to an informed audience it was the wrong thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Fantastic video.

Becky getting emotional got me right in the feels.

Seems like Becky and Fergal have a relationship that goes way beyond a straight up couple. Seems like it goes deeper then that.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

in the feels.

Jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I don't think they're actually a couple. But she seems to really look up to him, and that has come across in any interview I've ever seen with her where she talks about him. It was a great video. I really think he's going to be the next big thing for the company, very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

So, has it been mentioned yet that he's essentially using the Muta gimmick? (To great effect)

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

brianblaze wrote: »
    So, has it been mentioned yet that he's essentially using the Muta gimmick? (To great effect)

Never actually thought of it that way but its a pretty good comparison.

Judging by the vids on the network WWE are really pushing July 4th as Balors arrival. No matter how much NXT may need him I really dont see him hanging around too much longer, another 3 months max Id guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,529 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What PPV is around Halloween this year Survivor Series? That would be a good PPV to debut the The Demon Balor character on the main roster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They still have him front and centre of the advertising they're doing for this NXT event they're doing at a festival in October. Maybe he'll do both NXT and main roster for a couple of months like Owens is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was unusual that they acknowledged his real name. I know they did it when he first signed, but that was before he took on the Finn Balor name.

I like the idea of giving NXT people this kind of detailed profile before they are called up. It makes them seem a bigger deal when they debut.

With no Itami and the Network in Japan doing fairly badly, I'd say he'll be up very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 39,806 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

brianblaze wrote: »
    With no Itami and the Network in Japan doing fairly badly, I'd say he'll be up very quickly

the network isn't available in Japan yet.

Well, guess I misheard that one! Must be the launch they need an over Japanese star for, and Fergal might be as close as they'll get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

wolfpac wrote: »
    Never thought I'd see the day when the DART was on wwe tv

Used to be somewhat of a guarded thing for whatever reason but Devitt when he was younger worked as a conductor on the DART. Wrestle Kingdom is New Japan's version of Wrestlemania. So New Japan do a big advertising push one of the things they is advertising on the outside and inside of the subway trains in Tokyo. It was a cute moment the first time I saw pictures of the artwork of him on the doors of trains.
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Fantastic video.

Becky getting emotional got me right in the feels.

Seems like Becky and Fergal have a relationship that goes way beyond a straight up couple. Seems like it goes deeper then that.

Rather obvious that it does. Balor was pretty determined to get her back into Wrestling she chipped away at her for years about it. Balor did a Q&A for Boards around 2011-ish and he seemed to know her own mind about Wrestling again before she did pretty much.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think one thing I noticed was what Devitt is like as a person. I know Becky described him as humble and all, but then the fact Fergal goes and uses his time for self promotion to talk about Becky and praise her says a lot about him.

I follow Wrestling pretty closely but still their dynamic is pretty unique. I talk to varying degrees to NXT fans that live in Florida and you'd be surprised even up to this week how many fans didn't know that Balor trained Becky or were even that close. They did one pre-show NXT meet and greet together about a month ago and in general they are very rarely seen by fans interacting with each other. Compare that with how Balor acts with everyone else with all the too sweeting, arm around a shouldering and selfies. In contrast he seems very careful not to put his thumb on Becky and for her to stand on her own. Like as you saw in the piece he takes little credit for Becky.

In Wrestling the tendency is to dine out on your association with another popular or talented Wrestler. Silly comparisons but for example Brutus Beefcake allegedly sells fake autographs of Hulk Hogan and Colt Cabana boarders on being a professional friend of CM Punk at times.

In the future though, do you think it would be the worst thing in the world if they were put together in storyline? It would be cool if he was given an actual Balor Club onscreen, where he had a few other guys with him and they just ran riot.
    It's cool that he seems to be so supportive of her, but also that he said she just had it from the start, and that he can take very little credit for what she has become. It's just so refreshing to see two of our own do so well over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Are Fergal and Becky an item or just close friends?

Friends?

friendslead.jpg?

I agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

It's just so refreshing to see two of our own do so well over there.

Three :)

Well yeah, I am a huge mark for Sheamus as well, but I was just talking about the "new generation."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Well yeah, I am a huge mark for Sheamus as well, but I was just talking about the "new generation."

Fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Officer999

rovert wrote: »
    The video is 8 minutes long and it is smiling from ear to ear stuff. As good as the ESPN NXT piece.

Crazy to see and hear the local "the collective conversation" talking points about Devitt and Becky be displayed on screen in such a high production way. So rewarding for me as fan and to be honest personally.

If I annoyed you talking about either so strongly on here it probably should explain why I felt so passionately about them both individually and collectively. WWE completely nailed it and got both over as stars. An amazing piece. Can't
    speak more highly of it.

Any link for this? Not on youtube it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Officer999 wrote: »
    Any link for this? Not on youtube it seems

it's on the network if you have it, part of this week's NXT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

can anyone link me to devitts AMA that was mentioned above in this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Officer999

rovert wrote: »

Thanks! Just watched it there and it's fantastic....really well done.

montyrebel wrote: »
    can anyone link me to devitts AMA that was mentioned above in this thread?

Actually I had it arse ways what he said about Becky was in 2009 in an interview with a major Japanese Wrestling fan named David Ditch:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60182670&postcount=2

He did this on Boards in 2010:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64702340

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Ha, mocking Lesnar's farmer's tan, brave man!

Advertisement