Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

rovert wrote: »
    Actually I had it arse ways what he said about Becky was in 2009 in an interview with a major Japanese Wrestling fan named David Ditch:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60182670&postcount=2

He did this on Boards in 2010:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64702340

He also done a second one in 2011

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056329823

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Nice one. I just saw these links to the old threads. I guess I'll be busy reading for a while now!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Fin Martin must be so proud. Criticisms aside: he always championed the man when he wasn't getting much press elsewhere. Frankly I would have never of heard of him if it weren't for PS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Finn Bálor in the upcoming WWE 2K16 game.

https://twitter.com/WWE2Kdev/status/613034573367095296

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Advertisement

Part 2 is nearly as good as the first. Kind of shocked that they showed this:

CIS7-YGWUAUNCzB.png

Matt "Tensai" Bloom were the talking heads was the main talking head. Equally well researched and archive footage filled. Puts across his work ethic and general "would like to hang out with-ness". Really effective piece.

There's a Part 3 looking at his NXT Arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The quality of these long pieces still shows that the WWE are capable of getting someone over quite well when they want to.

So far they have done a fine job with Devitt. Is part 3 the final part Rovert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

The 'Finn' t-shirt from Adventure Time. :) Only know that from watching this with my nephews..really! :p

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The quality of these long pieces still shows that the WWE are capable of getting someone over quite well when they want to.

So far they have done a fine job with Devitt. Is part 3 the final part Rovert?

I assume so.

Funny this was included after post #1700:
    CIT32_zUYAEgoEO.png

Him being advertised on trains after him and his Dad worked on so many.

• Advertisement

I assume so.

Its built up nicely til the July 4th show.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its built up nicely til the July 4th show.

I like Melter hope they ramp up people wanting to see him win the title. So far it has been "isn't Balor a nice guy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

The fact that he's still in to Lego at 33 years old makes me love him even more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

lads, am i being stupid or...

where are the videos? seen this one, linked above...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ue9qi_finn-balor-becky-lynch-promo_webcam

but where are the other ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

D.Q wrote: »

They're showing them kinda midway through episodes of NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

I like Melter hope they ramp up people wanting to see him win the title. So far it has been "isn't Balor a nice guy".

There was a WhatCulture article the other day that said that seemingly he's infamous for throwing tantrums if things don't go his way. I love the guy, so I couldn't really believe it when I read it. Is there any truth to it at all?

Hopefully not!

There was a WhatCulture article the other day that said that seemingly he's infamous for throwing tantrums if things don't go his way. I love the guy, so I couldn't really believe it when I read it. Is there any truth to it at all?

Hopefully not!

That's bizarre. Never heard anything close.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

That's bizarre. Never heard anything close.

Yeah, bizarre is the only way to describe it. It said this had carried over from his days in Japan aswell. Doesn't hurt to ask I know, but it seemed completely nonsensical. From his interviews alone, he's incredibly well adjusted.

Chris Bacon's Bullet Club analogy:
    Timing is everything.

For about twenty years, Manchester United were one of, if not the top team in English football and a lot of that was down to their manager, Alex Ferguson. It was his vision and his style which made the club so world renowned. Between 1993 and 2013, Manchester United won 33 different championships. They had some of the best players in the world in their ranks. They were hated, and yet immensely popular at the same time. Oh, and they sold a lot of t-shirts around the world.

It wasn’t all plain sailing and by 2013, Ferguson was on the way out. By choice. The writing was probably on the wall, if you looked closely enough. The club wasn’t what it once was, despite being on top. And at the end of the 2012-2013 season, Ferguson retired as champion, albeit after a disappointing last result.
    Without Ferguson, to say the club struggled the next season is an understatement. It was the worst season in the Premier League era, the aforementioned twenty years ago. The club, without it’s leader, wasn’t able to keep the momentum going.

In 2014, Prince Devitt signed with WWE.
    To be fair, the cracks in the Bullet Club’s armour of cool were beginning to show before Devitt left. The constant interference and overall parody act were starting to wear thin with ardent New Japan fans. But, while you could certainly question the artistic merits, you couldn’t fault the success.

With Devitt gone though, things were a different story. Bullet Club was Devitt’s club. Devitt epitomised the Club more than anybody. Without him, things weren’t quite the same. The rebuilding process began, but things were shaky. The new signings flattered to deceive. The new man in charge didn’t fit what the Club was about. Fans began to openly mock new additions to the Club and pretty soon, the aura that the Club exuded in it’s glory days had all but worn off. There are still glimmers of hope and flashes of brilliance from the star players now and then. And they’re still a global t-shirt selling machine. But, the Club isn’t what it once was.

Prince Devitt, like Sir Alex, got out at the right time.

http://www.pwponderings.com/2015/06/25/nxt-62415-review-balor-filled-environment/

Was he the actual founder of the Bullet Club in NJPW? Sounds like they've gone the way of NWO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

D.Q wrote: »

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2vbn4c_who-is-finn-balor-part-2-wwe-nxt-6-24-15_fun

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Was he the actual founder of the Bullet Club in NJPW? Sounds like they've gone the way of NWO.

Ya, he came up with the idea iirc - he spoke about it on Jericho's Podcast there a little while back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

When he turned heel they wanted him with Bad Luck Fale as his heater. Then they said they wanted Anderson in the mix and that Fergal had to come up with a name.

After bulletclub was decided it got big...it got over...it became the nWo

WWE are seemingly showing all three parts and hopefully more this Thursday on the WWE Network.
    WWE Network will air a 30-minute special on Finn Balor titled “Finn Balor: The Demon Revealed” on Thursday, July 2nd at 10:30pm EST.

This could be the three-part series on Balor that wraps up on NXT TV this coming week but that’s not confirmed. The special will also replay as a lead-in to the July 4th WWE Network “The Beast In The East” special from Tokyo, where Balor will challenge NXT Champion Kevin Owens.

The description for the special that premieres on Thursday reads like this:

“An in depth look inside the life, career and future of NXT Superstar Finn Balor.”

When I originally talked about it here a month ago it was described to me as a WWE Network Special:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95621883&postcount=1610

WWE are seemingly showing all three parts and hopefully more this Thursday on the WWE Network.

When I originally talked about it here a month ago it was described to me as a WWE Network Special:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95621883&postcount=1610

They should show it on Raw

When he turned heel they wanted him with Bad Luck Fale as his heater. Then they said they wanted Anderson in the mix and that Fergal had to come up with a name.

After bulletclub was decided it got big...it got over...it became the nWo
    Yeah it sounds like it's after becoming a bit overblown and diluted from the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It'd be madness to have him lose after this build up surely?

Yeah. But couldn't someone also look at Kevin Owens and say the same thing about him losing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah but he's leaving NXT and has to drop it some time. Why bother with all the build up of Balor and the demon if you're going to have him lose? The build up isn't necessary. I'm sure they could come up with a way of protecting Owens somehow.

• Advertisement

Pentecost wrote: »
    It'd be madness to have him lose after this build up surely?

I strongly believe he is winning just observing the TV presentation.

Her Instagram account gets linked off Kevin Owens's Twitter and it is a public account but I still for whatever reason don't like relaying information from it. But a week ago Kevin's wife Karina explained that the family was moving out of Florida (where NXT is) and back to Montreal. Meaning Kevin is pretty much done with NXT and is headed to the main roster. His family arrived in Montreal yesterday and his locker at the Performance Centre was completely cleared out this week.

Owens is strongly rumoured to win the US title off Cena too.

Advertisement