Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'd rather see John Cena hold onto the United States Championship for the time being, because it has been nice seeing him go against different opponents and it has given the main event scene more of a chance to introduce new players over the course of this year. I'd like to see Kevin Owens lose by disqualification. I also believe that Finn Balor is going to win the NXT Championship, but I hope that something happens to make me doubt that even just a little bit over the next week so that the match will be more exciting for me to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

That makes sense. If Owens beats Cena for the title nobody will really care that he lost the NXT title but at the same time it'll give Balor a great rub. He'd then be NXT's clear no. 1 guy and can move up himself in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Yeah it sounds like it's after becoming a bit overblown and diluted from the original.

Tbf they were as close as you get to a blatant rip off of the NWO since tbh....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Pentecost wrote: »
    That makes sense. If Owens beats Cena for the title nobody will really care that he lost the NXT title but at the same time it'll give Balor a great rub. He'd then be NXT's clear no. 1 guy and can move up himself in due course.

WWE does seem to like Owens a lot and does seem to be fairly protective of him. The night after he lost to Cena in an even match WWE had Owens attack Machine Gun Kelly seemingly to get his heel heat back.

WWE is usually this Global brand that doesn't often make product adaptations to fit localised preferences and tastes. The match being in Japan is interesting as Japanese fans traditionally dislike non-clean finishes especially for title matches. I think Balor has to go over clean and not by roll up via a Cena distraction or something just so the finish gets over in front of audience in attendance. As well as what you said about Balor winning in a fashion that cements him as the #1 guy in NXT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Finn not being able to drive till recently is still the most Dublin thing imaginable.

Talking Shop with Finn was like a once a year jail visit from Karl. The podcast doesn't really get going at all. Taped in a conference room in the Performance Center with people outside the door seemingly wanting to use the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Didn't Dusty Rhodes teach him how to drive? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

That he did

Dustys%2BDriving%2BSchool.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Are the other Devitt videos online anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Finn not being able to drive till recently is still the most Dublin thing imaginable.

he's from Bray not Dublin :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Was it not claimed by the Israeli's of O'Connell St? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13 crispy007

on nxt wednesday he was billed from bray co. wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah he's always been billed as being from"Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland" in NXT. Bray is basically in Dublin anyway though :)

close enough alright, id say if/when balor gets brought to raw/sd he will be billed from dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

The DART and Dublin Bus disagree...

The mini-doc was nice but I found the "here's Fergal behind the scenes and here's Finn in front of the camera" thing a bit wierd. It's not like he's been established on Raw but also it's also worth remembering that not all of the Raw audience watch NXT and Triple H is trying to cultivate a faux indy promotion.
    crispy007 wrote: »
    close enough alright, id say if/when balor gets brought to raw/sd he will be billed from dublin

Wouldn't surprise me if they bill him from Wicklow and run a feud with Seamus.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I think I might set up my own Irish version of The Bullet Club to muddy it up again.

Ageyev wrote: »
    The DART and Dublin Bus disagree...

The mini-doc was nice but I found the "here's Fergal behind the scenes and here's Finn in front of the camera" thing a bit wierd. It's not like he's been established on Raw but also it's also worth remembering that not all of the Raw audience watch NXT and Triple H is trying to cultivate a faux indy promotion.

Wouldn't surprise me if they bill him from Wicklow and run a feud with Seamus.

That would be horrific..... i dint think they should put him on raw for a while. i think he should be introduced slowly and maybe a fued with bray wyatt using his darkside demon gimmick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

After the NXT "demon revealed" spots, I think it's safe to say he's leaving Japan with the NXT title.

Honestly can't wait to se whim succeed on such a big stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

ERG89 wrote: »

Original Bullet Club was edgy in that they were an actual heel group whose aim every night was to make the crowd hate them. As Devitt himself said, he wanted to do that because every other heel in New Japan were "cool heels" eg Chaos.

Its really only since Devitt left that they became the cool heel faction that is far closer to the NWO than the original Bullet Club was. They sell merchandise, their feuds feature prominently and I think they are probably at maximum capacity numbers wise so I believe they'll stick around for another few months, maybe till Kenny Omega turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

rovert wrote: »
    I assume so.

Funny this was included after post #1700:
    CIT32_zUYAEgoEO.png

Him being advertised on trains after him and his Dad worked on so many.

Fin used to work on trains? In what capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Paddy_Mski

Reebrock wrote: »
    Fin used to work on trains? In what capacity?

Ferg worked selling tickets in Connelly Station

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Whoa!!!

he pinned steen clean last night aswell...... who is brock lesnar facing saturday??

MOD EDIT : House show (i think) spoiler. Tags added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Kofi Kingston.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,528 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

crispy007 wrote: »
    ]

MOD EDIT : House show (i think) spoiler. Tags added.

NXT last night I think.

That was last night's edition of NXT that was alluded to in the last couple of posts above mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Many think its a foregone conclusion but Imagine Balor lost on July 4th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Given Owens is a banker to win the US title in a few weeks I'd say he's 99% gonna drop the title.
    Also, the next two NXT taped shows (due to air July 8th & 15th) don't feature Balor or Owens in order to protect the result of this one. I suspect after Balor wins they'll air some sort of sit-down interview, or air the match from Japan as a "repeat" on one of the shows.

Advertisement