Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

crispy007 wrote: »
    close enough alright, id say if/when balor gets brought to raw/sd he will be billed from dublin

Similar to Wade Barrett, he was billed from Manchester early on and then from Preston once he was established(ish).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Balor with Karl Anderon
    77111ec59ded9fff8d6007e2e74728d9.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

crispy007 wrote: »
    he pinned steen clean last night aswell...... who is brock lesnar facing saturday??

MOD EDIT : House show (i think) spoiler. Tags added.
    WWE have kinda booked themselves into a corner by having Cena beat Steen last time. He now has to win or they ruin his momentum. And in WWE logic US title>NXT title so he is going to drop it. I would love though if he bear Balor to keep it (even though I want to Balor to win), won the US title and then refused to surrender his NXT title. Would be hilarious and such a heel thing to do.

Steen also reminds me of Hollywood Rock. You want to cheer for him cause he is awesome but he just makes you hate him!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 crispy007

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    WWE have kinda booked themselves into a corner by having Cena beat Steen last time. He now has to win or they ruin his momentum. And in WWE logic US title>NXT title so he is going to drop it. I would love though if he bear Balor to keep it (even though I want to Balor to win), won the US title and then refused to surrender his NXT title. Would be hilarious and such a heel thing to do.

Steen also reminds me of Hollywood Rock. You want to cheer for him cause he is awesome but he just makes you hate him!

yeah absaloutley...... i think going forward with finn as nxt champion itamai and finn willn have an epic fued. i could see it coming months ago

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If Finn wins, they will have to make some sort of story of it on Raw; a massive part of Steen's character has revolved round the title. If he just drops it randomly (remembering most people who watch Raw probably won't watch the Network special)) with no explanation, it will confuse a lot of Raw viewers....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 crispy007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If Finn wins, they will have to make some sort of story of it on Raw; a massive part of Steen's character has revolved round the title. If he just drops it randomly (remembering most people who watch Raw probably won't watch the Network special)) with no explanation, it will confuse a lot of Raw viewers....

Its the wwe of course they wont give an explanation, except probably kevin owens on the mic opening raw explaining how he was robbed of the nxt title which he will then play down and confirm himself on the raw roster full time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

When he eventually get to wrestle as Wrestlemania as the demon, how long will it take him to reach the ring? We could be looking at a rival to the Undertakers loooooonnnngggg entrances :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Do you think his entrance would suit Raw? NXT has a different vibe where these sorts of things seem to fit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    When he eventually get to wrestle as Wrestlemania as the demon, how long will it take him to reach the ring? We could be looking at a rival to the Undertakers loooooonnnngggg entrances :D

I'd say they'd figure out how to make the demon fly for a WrestleMania

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I'd say they'd figure out how to make the demon fly for a WrestleMania

Remember they made Undertaker levitate, I imagine they would do something similar for "The Demon"

veganrun wrote: »
    Do you think his entrance would suit Raw? NXT has a different vibe where these sorts of things seem to fit better.

They've three hours to fill so yes. :p

Imagine him interrupting Seth Rollins talking and doing the full entrance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭The White Feather

This match just surfaced online :)

https://freewrestling.wordpress.com/2007/07/21/bryan-danielson-vs-fergal-devitt-from-2007/

No "just" about it. I and others offered a lot of money to buy it at various stages. But the owner always refused.

rovert wrote: »
    https://freewrestling.wordpress.com/2007/07/21/bryan-danielson-vs-fergal-devitt-from-2007/

No "just" about it. I and others offered a lot of money to buy it at various stages. But the owner always refused.

Apologies Rovert, I saw the date on the upload and thought it was just found :o I'm watching it a few times as its so good!

Apologies Rovert, I saw the date on the upload and thought it was just found :o I'm watching it a few times as its so good!

No worries just woke up from a nap and a load of people had messaged me.

Yeah I offered a lot of money to buy a copy of this and made a load of assurances that I wouldn't make copies. This was back when I had money and carried more about this stuff more than I do now. You need to also appreciate how Godly Bryan Danielson was at the time. Was meant to be sold as part of a multi disc DVD documenting the tournament. But there was an issue in the filming of the show that Devitt and Danielson appeared on. So the whole DVD set was scrapped. Apparently it had a horrible green hue that made it unwatchable. NWA Empire also went out of business and there was seemingly some rigmarole about the rights of footage. But I think your man just got off on having the match all to himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

"Oi, shut yer mout ya tick" Good man Fergal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Really enjoyed the last 22 minutes watching that match. They were both great even back then.

Yeah they were slick as. Devitt acting the heel was funny, "ah me sunburn".

Yeah that was funny I thought. I liked the way that neither of them plays up their role too much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

1 fan in particular must be the worlds worst heckler

What exactly was being said there when Fergal got annoyed near the start, or was he just heeling?

What exactly was being said there when Fergal got annoyed near the start, or was he just heeling?

Don't know what exactly the guy was saying but he reminded me of the infamous "Super Dragon" guy. Very annoying.

There was a rumour that went around that Balor was injured in his match Jericho and this morning's match is off. Not true.

CJEPLUCWwAAdQyX.jpg

Scott Hall's son who works as a young boy/apprentice in New Japan:

https://twitter.com/Cody_Hall1/status/617359293386391552

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Is he still wearing his father's ring gear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

rovert wrote: »
    Scott Hall's son who works as a young boy/apprentice in New Japan:

https://twitter.com/Cody_Hall1/status/617359293386391552

Isn't he in the Bullet Club now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

D-FENS wrote: »
    Isn't he in the Bullet Club now?

Isn't everyone in the bullet club at the minute?

Advertisement