Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Finn is going to be a TMNT for the series 2 action figure release.

The other 3 are The Rock, The Ultimate Warrior and Rowdy Roddy Piper

Series 1 was Sting, Macho Man, The Undertaker and Cena.

Not bad company to be with for Finn.

C4-vEACWMAEld8j.jpg

Something tells me they see Finn as having massive merchandise shifting potential. Usually that will be reflected in a massive push. Hard to see a natural Mania feud for him right now though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    To be honest, I doubt Balor would attract huge numbers if his return is announced in advance. He was on tv for about a month before he had to leave again.

What must it be like for the casual fan, the one who doesn't watch NXT. For them, this guy came out of absolutely nowhere. Beat Reigns clean in his first night. Won the new top level title within a month. And then vanished again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lord TSC wrote: »
    What must it be like for the casual fan, the one who doesn't watch NXT. For them, this guy came out of absolutely nowhere. Beat Reigns clean in his first night. Won the new top level title within a month. And then vanished again.

His unexpected injury was a bitch and it's hard to know what WWE would of done with him if he didn't get injured

He would prob would of been on team raw for SS

It would of been him vs reigns for the title the few weeks after summerslam

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

WWE have a huge online presence and I figure most people would know about Finn before he won the title at Summerslam.

I doubt many who sit through 3 hours Raws are ignoring WWE the rest of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Pentecost wrote: »
    Something tells me they see Finn as having massive merchandise shifting potential. Usually that will be reflected in a massive push. Hard to see a natural Mania feud for him right now though.

If Rollins is okay to face HHH, maybe Balor could face Joe? Nowhere else for him to fit in really

• Advertisement

If Rollins is okay to face HHH, maybe Balor could face Joe? Nowhere else for him to fit in really

Yeah maybe, he could come to Rollins rescue when Joe and HHH attack him or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Why would Balor save Rollins after he injured him (and gloated about it afterwards).

Ugh, yanno what, yeah, he'll save Rollins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Why would Balor save Rollins after he injured him (and gloated about it afterwards).

Because it's wwe what sense does it ever make

Where else does he fit in

He doesn't necessarily have to save Rollins or be involved with him at all, have Joe gloat about how nobody is man enough to face him at Mania and boom out comes Finn

Well the easiest way is to explain if that is the case is use his history with Joe in nxt. Say that hhh never reached out to finn when injured but seth did.

A tag match between seth/finn vs hhh/Joe could be a way to go if seth isn't 100 percent and let them have singles match when all fit.

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    Well the easiest way is to explain if that is the case is use his history with Joe in nxt. Say that hhh never reached out to finn when injured but seth did.

A tag match between seth/finn vs hhh/Joe could be a way to go if seth isn't 100 percent and let them have singles match when all fit.

Do the tag match and out of nowhere Finn attacks Seth and joins hhh/joe but I think Finn needs to be face as he's a merch seller

Finn made a surprise return at the NXT tapings last night (aired in March). Hopefully it's just a special appearance and he returns to the main roster

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/finn-balor-appears-at-nxt-tapings

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

So Finn Balor returned to WWE last night, but it was in NXT. Not sure yet if the segemnt will air on NXT tv yet, but Finn turned up to make the save when Nakamura was jumped by Bobby Roode and Cien Almas. He cut a promo in which he told Roode he was NXT and that he was coming to reclaim what is rightfully his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I hope they figure out they've made a mistake with Roman, and push Balor instead. Of course this will never happen.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    So Finn Balor returned to WWE last night, but it was in NXT. Not sure yet if the segemnt will air on NXT tv yet, but Finn turned up to make the save when Nakamura was jumped by Bobby Roode and Cien Almas. He cut a promo in which he told Roode he was NXT and that he was coming to reclaim what is rightfully his.

Bit annoying if he's returning too NXT and won't be the main roster. Maybe NXT needs him atm and he will be back on raw before summerslam ??

the way i read the spoilers was that it was a dark appearance and he was talking about the universal title when talking about claiming back what was his.

sky88 wrote: »
    the way i read the spoilers was that it was a dark appearance and he was talking about the universal title when talking about claiming back what was his.

Yeah I saw it on YouTube earlier, looked like the end of a dark match. They announced he would be there as a special appearance on the night beforehand to try and sell a few tickets. He did a few of his moves, got the crowd to sing happy birthday to Shinsuke, and said something like "for one last time...we are NXT!".

Potential spoiler (Maybe? I'll tag it to be on the safe side)
    Finn is tagging with Jericho and Sami Zayn vs Joe, KO, and HHH in a house show on Friday. Wonder if he's getting involved in a feud against one or all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Potential spoiler (Maybe? I'll tag it to be on the safe side)
    Finn is tagging with Jericho and Sami Zayn vs Joe, KO, and HHH in a house show on Friday. Wonder if he's getting involved in a feud against one or all of them?

Interesting. The
    fact it's a six man might mean they're just getting him back in the swing of things

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Interesting. The
    fact it's a six man might mean they're just getting him back in the swing of things

Yep could well be but
    if he is to have any involvement at Mania you would think it'd have to be related to one of those three

• Advertisement

Yep could well be but
    if he is to have any involvement at Mania you would think it'd have to be related to one of those three
    Joe surely, maybe Joe and KO are beating up Jeircho next week on Raw and Balor makes his comeback then and sets up him v Joe

Joe surely, maybe Joe and KO are beating up Jeircho next week on Raw and Balor makes his comeback then and sets up him v Joe

Yep agree
    Feud with Joe for a bit and then go after the title which could be back on Owens by then

Yep agree
    Feud with Joe for a bit and then go after the title which could be back on Owens by then
    Balor never really got a chance on the main roster so there's so much he can do, but it would be stupid not to put him straight back into the title scene even if he isn't to stay there long term

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/finn-balor-removed-wwe-live-events

hopefully he will be back in time for Dublin on May 5th but id rather he take his time coming back and be fresh for the rest of the year.

We dont want him to end up the same as the likes of Daniel Bryan, Edge etc who retired way before there time cause of injury

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/finn-balor-removed-wwe-live-events

hopefully he will be back in time for Dublin on May 5th but id rather he take his time coming back and be fresh for the rest of the year.

We dont want him to end up the same as the likes of Daniel Bryan, Edge etc who retired way before there time cause of injury

Really bad for him to get an injury so soon after returning. I know it wasn't his fault but Vince has it in his head that the smaller guys are more likely to be injury prone.

I don't think they will lose faith in him yet, but neither do I think they will be strapping the rocket to his back like they did when he debuted on Raw.

Really bad for him to get an injury so soon after returning. I know it wasn't his fault but Vince has it in his head that the smaller guys are more likely to be injury prone.

I don't think they will lose faith in him yet, but neither do I think they will be strapping the rocket to his back like they did when he debuted on Raw.

He might need a few more matches/fueds too get back to his best. .I'd put him in the mid/high card for the remainder of the year maybe a Intercon title run.

ATM putting him in the universal title picture while large guys like Lesner, Strowman and Reigns are there could be disastrous as he could be seriously hurt. I knw it was a freak accident last Monday but he might not be fresh enough to fight the heavyweights

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They can always to what WCW did with Sting many years ago just have the Demon around in the back round and the rafters looking at Bray as that looks like the feud they are going with.

That keeps him on tv but out of the ring.

this airs after Raw tonight on the WWE Network (Aprox 04.15am Tues 16 May)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Enjoyed the Finn Balor WWE 24 docu after RAW. So proud of him and how he represents himself & Ireland. Really cool seeing him head around Ireland (OTT, a pub in Wickow and Fight Factory below :p)

WrqibBM.jpg

Anyone recognise themselves here? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It was very good, they do those shows well. It was nice to see so many people speak highly of him.

Advertisement