Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs West Brom Match thread. k/o 3pm Setanta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Fcking Rooney, turned his back on play to remonstrate then the ball hits him on the fúckign back, stupid stupid

infuriates me when players do this

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Fcking Rooney, turned his back on play to remonstrate then the ball hits him on the fúckign back, stupid stupid

You need to look at Nani first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

crowd not happy with that. united outplayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Time to forget about that one

fair play to west brom here though, they played well and are deserving of the win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Totally deserved by West Brom, the much much better team today

Utd are very broken and only upsides, Nani, Rooney and Jan getting games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

West brom deserved that win, united played pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

West Brom outplayed United and won

What more can you say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Great win for WBA......wanted it more and deserved it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

He wins when he wants ..

he wins when he wants ..

Stevey Clarke he wins when he wants .

• Advertisement

mike phelan on setanta almost seemed happy there with a little smile when talking about moyes realising what job he has stepped into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Wonder can Ferguson be persuaded to come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

A shocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Awful awful game. The defence will get a lot of deserved flak for that game but the whole team were terrible. Everything was too slow and laboured.

Terrible performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Time to forget about that one

Won't be the only defeat at OT if Moyes continues with his cluttered formation.

I have never seen a more narrower UTD side.
    ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

can see that happening if this keeps up

On West Brom they took their chances and defended very well, thoroughly deserved the win.

Fair play to them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Hate to be Moyes tonight.....what a headache!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

The people here who thought the transition between Ferguson to Moyes would be seamless have ridiculously high expectations.

Fair enough ,but won't consider expecting a home win over West Brom as High expectations to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

West Brom played very well, took advantage of a back 4 which are ****e, a midfield that collapsed too.

United are cruising for a serious hammering again. Who said they hadnt scored from open play since danny wellbeck in swansea!? thats not good enough if you want to be challenging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Nani Rooney and Januzaj were the only 3 who did anything today. Stop playing Jones are rb ffs

He is clearly out of his depth......a poor appointment and Utd will suffer as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

scudzilla wrote: »
    So he's out again now :pac::pac:

He's doing the hokey pokey

nuxxx wrote: »
    Nani Rooney and Januzaj were the only 3 who did anything today. Stop playing Jones are rb ffs

I thought Rooney did nothing all game, never look like threatening, took the wrong option the majority of the time.

Nani for 30 mins in the first half and Januzaj for 15 minutes in the 2nd were the only anyway decent performances for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Better team won, 2 great goals, and a great result. Well done Steve Clark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I pretty much under rated West Brom today. Looking back now I would of started Fell but thats hindsight for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

rooney utds best player by a country mile in that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

NukaCola wrote: »
    He is clearly out of his depth......a poor appointment and Utd will suffer as a result.

Jesus wept. The modern football fan, eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I was never a big fan of Moyes, I thought he was vastly overrated by the British media who needed a poster boy for young British coaches, not saying that he didn't do well at Everton but not nearly as well as some would have you believe. For me, he is a distinctly average coach and he seems to be really struggling to deal with the expectations at Man Utd.

That being said, some individual performances from Man Utd players (Ferdinand, Jones and Carrick in particular) was so far below the standard required at that level.

Januzaj was poor, gave the ball away for the first goal with people out of position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

titan18 wrote: »
    Januzaj was poor, gave the ball away for the first goal with people out of position.

You're right about the mistake but hes a young lad, at least he had a right go at the end and burst into the box a good few times not afraid to take people on. I'd have him ahead of Young and Valencia everyday of the week. Hes not prone to mistakes with his lack of experience but he looks a real star in the making

You're right about the mistake but hes a young lad, at least he had a right go at the end and burst into the box a good few times not afraid to take people on. I'd have him ahead of Young and Valencia everyday of the week. Hes not prone to mistakes with his lack of experience but he looks a real star in the making

So would I, but unless Kagawa had picked up a knock, he shouldn't have come on for him, and Zaha still hasn't got a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Its early in the season and this result is not that significant when no one team is dominating. It may prove to be a very open PL this season and all the better for it, IMO. Well done to West Brom to beat Utd at home.

Wow, what a result :eek:

3 losses already for utd in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Aidric wrote: »

More the modern game to be fair. How long will the United hierarchy stand by if

results like this keep coming, not long I can assure you that.

Was this fixture a part of the conspiracy theory Moyes had lol

Supraman wrote: »
    Come on west Brom !!

Offside they said ..

be grand they said lol

He wins when he wants ..

he wins when he wants ..

Stevey Clarke he wins when he wants .

Was this fixture a part of the conspiracy theory Moyes had lol

Someone's playing a stormer today

Someone's playing a stormer today

i noticed that too, hes trying so hard and nobody has bitten. bless him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Ferguson had built an aura of invincibility. A lot of opponents were already beaten before they took the field. That's what is gone now, and now the league can see they are no better than anyone else, you may expect a few more losses this year.

• Advertisement

i noticed that too, hes trying so hard and nobody has bitten. bless him

Truth hurts eh !

Not at all :) I do enjoy looking on at the implosion that's happening though .

I'm far from sitting on a high horse btw I support Liverpool so I know what pain feels like .

Truth hurts eh !

I'm far from sitting on a high horse btw I support Liverpool so I know what pain feels like .

A bit premature there lad, come back at the end of the season and we'll see if you're still spewing the same shít. There's 7 or 8 months of football still to be played.

Truth hurts eh !

zzzzzzzz

you arent even good at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Truth hurts eh !

Considering our so called reserves beat you other night I wouldn't be so smug to be honest says a lot about Liverpool if they can't beat our "reserves" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Well every year we've had people questioning Fergie's position so it was never going to be a huge surprise to see people questioning the new appointment.

Very poor game today. But we have those every year. More importantly it has been a very poor start to the season. I think most agreed that Moyes would need some time. And time is what he will get.
    3 and 4 points behind City and Chelsea is not ideal after 6 games but it's certainly not insurmountable.

Nani played very well at times and I thought he looked like he was enjoying himself. Adnan again showing promise, let's hope he's still around in a couple of years. Rooney put in a good shift.
    Anderson was poor but he's a squad player and these are the types of games we need him for.

Nobody biting ? Gas men . Love the banter . So called reserves ? They played better than so called first team did in previous games .

Id expect utd to finish ahead of Liverpool also . Why would I expect Liverpool to finish higher . It is nice to see utd struggling though at the moment and ill enjoy while it lasts ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Far too early to judge Moyes, I'm prepared to give him a full season at the very least.

I don't know about Rio, didn't see the game today. Even if he has had a couple of shockers I wouldn't write him off. Some people thought he was done after Bellamy skinned him against City a couple of seasons back. I think he has been over-played recently though.

Carrick was sick I heard, barely made the team vs City, so that could explain a dip. It's not like we have much depth there.

I hope we get that Herrera lad in, come January. From what I read, he was all set to join. I'll admit to not knowing much about him, but we need some decent young blood in CM.

The league is getting more competitive every year, and WBA were, by all accounts I've read, brilliant today. Let's keep that in mind.

Considering our so called reserves beat you other night I wouldn't be so smug to be honest says a lot about Liverpool if they can't beat our "reserves" ;)

By the way they didn't beat me . They beat Liverpool . Do you play with utd ? Didn't think so . So "our reserves" is a bit much when you think about it chap .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

By the way they didn't beat me . They beat Liverpool . Do you play with utd ? Didn't think so . So "our reserves" is a bit much when you think about it chap .
    I think you're letting yourself down a bit here chap.

Aidric wrote: »

I've seen enough of Moyes in the last 10 years to say he is not the standard required for Utd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement