Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling baby milk cans?

Options
  • 28-09-2013 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi guys

This is going to sound like a silly question but does anyone know how to get rid of their baby milk powder cans.
    I have at least 20 SMA cans. It feels like such a waste to put them in the normal bin. Can they be recycled or what does anyone else do with them?
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

can you not put them in your green bin?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I put 10 of then out in a clear bag beside the green bin last week add I wasn't sure and the bin man took them as recycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Totally recyclable. Just unclip the lids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Teddiebear

Well my husband used our for cleaning paintbrushes, great half the mess, storing grass seed, he put his paintbrushes and screwdrivers into some, when cleaning out the deep fat fryer we put the old oil in there, less mess putting it into the bin, I stored some of my baking utensils in one , great for small kids toys like lego.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Thanks guys. I have used some for coin boxes, kitchen utensil holders, made rattle cans for baby (sealed some dried beans inside and covered it in bring colours) but we have tons left. Great that they are recyclable!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I painted some, punched a couple if holes the base and used them as plant pots...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

pwurple wrote: »
    I painted some, punched a couple if holes the base and used them as plant pots...

Thats a great idea. OH used alot for tools and then his brother and dad got in on the idea so i didnt have them hanging around much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I made a lamp shade out of one and a yarn holder, but still had loads for the recycling!

Advertisement