Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunnes stores clothes

• 28-09-2013 11:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26

What do people think about their clothes?

I was in their recently and bought a few bits and they are if excellent quality. Much better then they were years ago.

They don't fall apart and wash well.
    The pair of jeans I bought last christmas are in Perfect condition.

Their as good as clothes from diesel and hollister ect just Not branded and the quality is so much better than penny's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

yeah they are definitely better quality than penneys. I usually buy tops in dunnes, their trousers and jeans don't really appeal to me for some reason. Their basics like tshirts and vest tops aren't great they don't last very long I find.

I think in general clothes arent as good quality as they were pre 6 -7 years ago. I was clearing out my wardrobe lately and couldn't get over the quality of some of the stuff I had from 10 years ago compared to now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭guillespe

Their savida skinnies are perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

The men's clothes always tend to fall out of shape when washed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Longgreentrain

The men's clothes always tend to fall out of shape when washed.

In my experience dunnes clothes don't, pennies ones do

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Their kids clothes can be terrible quality mostly with the stitching coming out. I find the adults stuff mixed.
    They have gorgeous stuff at the moment in the womens section though.
    Never had an issue with Savida stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

I think the Savida clothes can be really lovely - some great designs - especially since Carolyn Donnelly started designing for them. Have got some great jumpers and skinnies there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

The kids clothes are terrible quality and would turn me off buying anything from the adult ranges. I have received some kids clothes as presents, that is the only reason I have them, once they have been washed they always end up out of shape and the zips don't sit right, they also fade very badly.

Kids clothes from cheaper shops tend to be better quality.

I do have a few things from Savida though that are good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've got both Dunnes and Penny's jeans for every day wear, they can be grand ;) got a very nice pair of leggings in Dunnes as well that I love

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

Savida do some really lovely stuff, and I still regularly wear a pair of black skinnies I got there about 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

i find that in dunnes you can get nice classic pieces while in penny's its more of whats in trend this minute. one thing i noticed whenever i go do dunnes, its always mostly older ladies that are in there while pennys has the young ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

The mens centered sruff can be nice, but sometimes you would wonder why they pay the menswear buyers given the hack of some things they get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The stuff is nowhere near as bad as it used to be in the old days, but their sizing is all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

I usually buy their polo shirts for day to day wear; also their boxers and I've been wearing a pair of their trainers for over 2 years and they haven't fallen apart yet. Ahem, I don't mean consecutively, I have changed my shoes now and again. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Sizes can be dodgy. They are perfect for jocks, socks, vests, basic colour tshirts, pjs, dressing gowns, etc. Not sure about the jeans etc, simply because I don't like the styles they have. They could be fine quality wise.

They are way better than Penneys stuff, which doesn't last long. Tshirts go raggy after a few washes etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

It can be hit and miss with regards to the quality of Dunnes stuff. I think it used to be better a few years ago, but the same can be said of Pennys - they're current stuff is really poor quality. I think if you're selective in what you choose you can get some really good and nice clothes that will last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Most of my daughter's clothes come from Dunnes. I've had no problems with the quality at all, but I have heard people complain about the clothes for 3 years and up, so maybe it's just the baby and toddler clothes that are ok.

I don't buy much from Dunnes myself. The occasional top or cardigan, maybe. Their stuff is good quality but the design is still quite frumpy, even though it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

I buy skirts and dresses from Penneys but I avoid knitwear there as it just falls apart within a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I have Dunnes very hit and miss. You can get some very nice pieces in Savida and I have picked up a few nice bits for work from the Gallery range. I do buy black trousers for work there as well, I find them better to wash than some other brands. I like there knit wear for work and picked up a couple of new blazers there recently.

I do find you have to try on everything as the sizing/cut can sometimes odd.

Advertisement