Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evans - what do you think ?

• 28-09-2013 12:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭

I've been to evans recently and bought a pair of boots,and court shoes,i have wide feet so i have to shop there,they are very pricey though,and its not my normal shopping trip.

I had to save the pennies for it as times are tough right now.

Usually i hit charity shops and pennys - only for them it wouldnt be possible for me!

Im just thinking what is your perception of evans clothes,is it frumpy or fashionable?

ive seen them more recently and was tempted to buy,they do the smallest size in a 14 - a very roomy 14 i might add,so it wasn't for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Personally I hate them. I think their clothes are horrendously overpriced. The quality is poor- most of their trousers have that cheap shiny polyester look to them, and they're like €45 for a bog standard pair of trousers. Their selection is to my mind very frumpy and blah... Them again my style of clothes is not floaty and stuff, which the clothes there generally are. Op, if you're a 14 I'd steer well clear. There far better places for clothes that will fit better, look better and cost less. If you are a plus size, places like new look are far better quality and aren't half as expensive. As for their underwear you can forget about it. Bras there are horrifically expensive and not good quality. Plus they're all weird sizes.

I can't really comment on the shoes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Not a fan at all, apart from one top I got there that's quite decent. I've got some shoes there that I got that were not great either, and one pair of boots that would've been nice except that they were way too big on the calf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭guillespe

Yeah usually they are big on the calf you have to watch for the sizes EEE is the biggest size for calfs,so its good to keep that in mind.

Otherwise though,i don't usually go for the tops and other articles of clothing as they are way too roomy on me and i like good tailoring and fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

guillespe wrote: »

Otherwise though,i don't usually go for the tops and other articles of clothing as they are way too roomy on me and i like good tailoring and fit.

Not trying to be funny, OP, but if you are a size 14 why would you even be looking in Evans? Of course the clothes are too roomy. :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

guillespe wrote: »
    Yeah usually they are big on the calf you have to watch for the sizes EEE is the biggest size for calfs,so its good to keep that in mind.

Both penneys and new look now do wide fit shoes and boots, so its worth a look there.

Yours clothing is an online shop which have wider fit shoes and boots.

Evans is horrifically over priced. When I was bigger I used to shop there and it was awful, the clothes didn't fit well on me and made me look 10 times bigger.

I just stick to penneys and new look and forever 21. All cheap enough.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭guillespe

Not trying to be funny, OP, but if you are a size 14 why would you even be looking in Evans? Of course the clothes are too roomy. :confused::confused::confused:

LOL :pac:

I know what your'e thinking why on earth would i go for it,but its just there was size 14's there in the colour fuschia(which i love) it was a layered top which i thought looked great on the model(when i looked there were pins on the waist so it looked more tailored and when i tried it on i looked like the bag lady although the colour was nice)..
    I only shop there for the shoes,but as the last poster was saying,they do wide fits in pennys and new look which i was unaware of until now,so i will have to look in pennys for shoes,instead of wasting money in evans..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Hideously frumpy, old fashioned, and wildly overpriced. Years ago they had stuff that was a bit more fashionable but they've gone downhill rapidly of late. It could be because more high street stores are going to size 18+ they've decided to target an older market instead. The only things I get in there are earrings and boots :p

Advertisement