Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

fran38 wrote: »
    Do ye think Brady's value will decrease if he's out for the full four weeks? If so, would it be a good move to sell him now? i got him at 5.1, he's at 5.3 currently.

As far as I know when he's red flagged it takes treble the normal target to hit a price drop. So I'm hoping he won't go down that much.

As I said above I'd hope he's back sooner, but a worst will miss one home game and two away. If he's 4th or 5th midfielder on your team I'd not waste a transfer for price drop reasons, unless you were thinking of changing him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Can't believe Baines is gonna go up this week. 0 points last night and a tough fixture against City at the weekend. Was going to bring him in the following week but money is tight. Decided against him on my wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Keller Bear

What was the story here? Was thinking of the popular Giroud to Lukaku to free up cash to ship Brady out for Ramsey! Im also hearing Ozil and Giroud played a blinder!?

He looked to be in slight discomfort and holding his groin 2-3 minutes before half time but he continued to play on until around the 87th minute so any scares seem to have eased.

Ozil had an "amazing" (Wenger's words) first half and Giroud was very good holding up the ball and setting up attacks (assisted the assist for Ozil's goal and also scored himself) he was also still attacking late on when there was no real need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

He looked to be in slight discomfort and holding his groin 2-3 minutes before half time but he continued to play on until around the 87th minute so any scares seem to have eased.

Ozil had an "amazing" (Wenger's words) first half and Giroud was very good holding up the ball and setting up attacks (assisted the assist for Ozil's goal and also scored himself) he was also still attacking late on when there was no real need.

This is the exact reason i said i cant understand the mass exodus of Giroud out for Lukaku considering this weekends fixtures! Ozil and Giroud both look on top form! Although Brady now being ruled out has meant ill have to do something because he was part of my starting 11 and my subs bench is a mess with Whittaker not playing in the last 2 games, Ward-Prowse coming on for 1 minute in the last few games and the less said about Gabbidon from Palace the better... although funnily enough he is on the way to a price rise???

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Keller Bear

This is the exact reason i said i cant understand the mass exodus of Giroud out for Lukaku considering this weekends fixtures! Ozil and Giroud both look on top form! Although Brady now being ruled out has meant ill have to do something because he was part of my starting 11 and my subs bench is a mess with Whittaker not playing in the last 2 games, Ward-Prowse coming on for 1 minute in the last few games and the less said about Gabbidon from Palace the better... although funnily enough he is on the way to a price rise???

I'm going with a front three of Suarez, Giroud and Lukaku. Don't see myself having Giroud as a season long selection but he hasn't done anything to warrant a drop in favour.

I'm stuck with Ward-Prowse and he is dropping in price tonight. It's a pity because he looked like a low-price option that was starting and was on a number of set-pieces.

Maybe swap Whittaker for Clyne? That is if you won't be doubling up in defense. Although I saw some team that had three Southampton defenders!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I'm going with a front three of Suarez, Giroud and Lukaku. Don't see myself having Giroud as a season long selection but he hasn't done anything to warrant a drop in favour.

I'm stuck with Ward-Prowse and he is dropping in price tonight. It's a pity because he looked like a low-price option that was starting and was on a number of set-pieces.

Maybe swap Whittaker for Clyne? That is if you won't be doubling up in defense. Although I saw some team that had three Southampton defenders!

I had the same reasons for bringing Ward-Prowse in :rolleyes: I already have Fonte so Clyne isnt an option my bench will have to wait i need to sort out my starting 11 first and was relying on Brady! He has been brilliant so far this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Another points hit this week. Hazard and Turner to Ozil and Dawson this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Can't believe Baines is gonna go up this week. 0 points last night and a tough fixture against City at the weekend. Was going to bring him in the following week but money is tight. Decided against him on my wildcard.

Is he going up? According to who?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Ward-Prowse -> OUT
    Amalfitano <- IN

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

Soldado out for Suarez, Nolan out for Ramsey, Mirallas out for Whittingham(worried about Brady's hernia op). 8 point hit. Needed the two midfield transfers to get Suarez in. The spread in scoring for Tottenham is too varied to my liking.

GW7 team ...

Mignolet
    Terry, Dawson, Ferdinand
    Ozil, Ramsey, Barkley, Ben Arfa
    Suarez, Giroud, Sturridge

(Subs: Boruc, Coleman, Whittingham, Collins)

Next gameweek, may shift Sturridge out for Lukaku to be able to get Michu in(for Ben Arfa) who I reckon will have decent returns over the next gameweeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Any idea what the story with Gary Cahill is. Big fee for a defender not playing. Not sure Jose sees him as first choice. Can find no quotes or stories in relation to his position other than him saying he is happy !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

How many have played their wildcard. Was thinking of doing mine this week

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Ok I think I am going to buckle and get Ramsey at a hit

He is going to cost about 7m by GW8 which messes with my plans.

Watching the game last night, he is just bursting into the box at will, with no regard for 'holding'. The return of Arteta does not seem to have any affect, in fact Ramsey was just pushed further upfield.

In all competitions he is second top with #shots for Arsenal on 16 which is very high by any midfielders standards. At 6.4 he is still great value and is a long term buy for me.

Timing is not fantastic for a hit as away to West Brom could be a difficult game. But Arsenal are on a high and do not look like they will be held scoreless by too many teams.

Sorry guys, I have weakened and am going to hop on the Ramsey bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I was debating doing Brady to Ramsey at a 4 point hit but he can only go up another £0.1 this week so I reckon I can wait. Brady going down by £0.1 doesn't affect my selling price either. Happy enough to field this team for the weekend. Will be hoping for a quiet game from Ramsey though! Hoping Everton keep up the good form against City.

If Ramsey does well against WB I'll get him in for the home game against Norwich. I just don't think it's worth a 4 point hit.

2v0d4w0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

This will be the 1st Week in this years game that I am making no transfers. Touches wood ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,289 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i've my own ideas, but opinions please...

take Lampard out for a 4 point hit? take Brady out for a 4 point hit? leave it as is?

Mig (Daniels)
    Coleman Nastasic Vidic Dawson (Chester)
    Lampard Michu Ben Arfa (Ward-Prowse) (Brady)
    Suarez Rooney Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

SlickRic wrote: »
    i've my own ideas, but opinions please...

take Lampard out for a 4 point hit? take Brady out for a 4 point hit? leave it as is?

Mig (Daniels)
    Coleman Nastasic Vidic Dawson (Chester)
    Lampard Michu Ben Arfa (Ward-Prowse) (Brady)
    Suarez Rooney Giroud

Just my opinion but in that midfield my priorities to change would be 1. Ward Prowse 2. Lampard (because of game time risk) 3. Ben Arfa (too inconsistent)

Brady will miss 2, or max 3 games of which 2 were tough away games where he'd likely have been your sub anyway.

Depending on the budget I'd try to get WP to a decent starting MF for now, as he wont play, so if also Lampard doesnt start this weekend you've only 10 players. Other option, if youve nothing much in the bank, would be to switch lampard to a decent mid who will def start, and go into weekend with no bench (which I am doing this week with Brady, Chester and Collins on bench).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lampard is 98.8% towards a drop tonight according to TotalFPL, if value is a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I have Lamps aswell and have already used my FT. Think i'll just roll with him for this week before getting him out.....not gonna take a -4 just for the sake of 0.1m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

question - Is it worth playing coleman this weekend v everton?

I am expecting city to winwell - despite everton form against newcastle...

Is it worth dropping coleman for this or is he likely yo get any assists - can see him been busy defending alot and alos conceding so most likely drop off team??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    How many have played their wildcard. Was thinking of doing mine this week

Do you aboslutely need to play it ?

If I were you I'd wait for next GW since you'd have 2 weeks (international break) to take advantage of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

moreau wrote: »
    Ok I think I am going to buckle and get Ramsey at a hit

He is going to cost about 7m by GW8 which messes with my plans.

Watching the game last night, he is just bursting into the box at will, with no regard for 'holding'. The return of Arteta does not seem to have any affect, in fact Ramsey was just pushed further upfield.

In all competitions he is second top with #shots for Arsenal on 16 which is very high by any midfielders standards. At 6.4 he is still great value and is a long term buy for me.

Timing is not fantastic for a hit as away to West Brom could be a difficult game. But Arsenal are on a high and do not look like they will be held scoreless by too many teams.

Sorry guys, I have weakened and am going to hop on the Ramsey bus.

I'm probably going to do the same, I've been wrong about Ramsey, kicking myself now because obviously if I had done it 3 or 4 weeks ago I'd be in a far better position, it'll be Mirallas or Ben Arfa out.
    I'll also be bringing in Verthongen I think, he hasn't scored yet but like last year i'd expect 4 or 5 goals over the season for him, I reckon he'll hoover up clean sheet and bonus points more than Baines and with a relatively cheap midfield in comparison to last year I can afford a luxury defence.
    Luiz will stay in my team for the moment, he's unlikely to play every game but hopefully he'll play at least 2 out of every 3(until he fúcks up) and should be good for a goal or two.

I really wish I had my wildcard back, brought in far too many flavours of the moment while ignoring Ramsey and a couple of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

roryc wrote: »
    I was debating doing Brady to Ramsey at a 4 point hit but he can only go up another £0.1 this week so I reckon I can wait. Brady going down by £0.1 doesn't affect my selling price either. Happy enough to field this team for the weekend. Will be hoping for a quiet game from Ramsey though! Hoping Everton keep up the good form against City.

If Ramsey does well against WB I'll get him in for the home game against Norwich. I just don't think it's worth a 4 point hit.

2v0d4w0.jpg

Am in the same boat than you about Ramsey with a 60 % look-alike team and will probably save my transfer this week. Also if you get Ramsey in who do you bench? Barkley? Fonte ?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I've two FTs to use and was pretty set on what I was using them for until the Brady injury.

Mignolet (Boruc)
    Vidic Coleman Nastasic Dawson (Chester)
    Ozil Lampard Moses (Brady) (Ward-Prowse)
    RVP Lukaku Giroud

My plan was using the two FTs to get get of RVP & Giroud for Rooney & Suarez. That would leave me with 1.1 in the bank.

So for a -4 hit I could upgrade Ward-Prowse to Amalfitano or Arnautovic (or oust Brady for one of above).
    What should my priorities be here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Is Brady going to be able to drop? Since he is red flagged? Does that not prevent drops?

I have Koscielny heading towards a drop.. Is getting rid of him worth an 8 point hit? :o

Dawson heading towards a rise, so I'll get 0.1 profit from him once I sell him in the coming weeks.. Ozil heading towards a rise so I'll bank 0.1 on him if I sell him for Ramsey (madness?)..

Midfield doesn't seem to be performing well this year so far. People like Ramsey, Barkley, Amalfitano and Brady are all scoring highly for very little money..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

John83 wrote: »
    I've two FTs to use and was pretty set on what I was using them for until the Brady injury.

Mignolet (Boruc)
    Vidic Coleman Nastasic Dawson (Chester)
    Ozil Lampard Moses (Brady) (Ward-Prowse)
    RVP Lukaku Giroud

My plan was using the two FTs to get get of RVP & Giroud for Rooney & Suarez. That would leave me with 1.1 in the bank.

So for a -4 hit I could upgrade Ward-Prowse to Amalfitano or Arnautovic (or oust Brady for one of above).
    What should my priorities be here?

Similar to yourself and many others, I have Brady and WP. I'll upgrade WP; was looking at amalfitano but his fixtures are awful. But he's on form so might just get him.

Danger781 wrote: »
    I have Koscielny heading towards a drop.. Is getting rid of him worth an 8 point hit? :o

definitely not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Danger781 wrote: »
    Is Brady going to be able to drop? Since he is red flagged? Does that not prevent drops?

Dawson heading towards a rise, so I'll get 0.1 profit from him once I sell him in the coming weeks.. Ozil heading towards a rise so I'll bank 0.1 on him if I sell him for Ramsey (madness?)..

Midfield doesn't seem to be performing well this year so far. People like Ramsey, Barkley, Amalfitano and Brady are all scoring highly for very little money..

I wouldn't drop Kos for that reason, if you don't want him in your team anymore then you could do it now but he's looking at some really good fixtures where even Arsenal could keep a clean sheet. Don't get too hung up on price drops, particularly the .1s, an 8 point hit is a bad start to the week, I wouldn't be doing it for those reasons.

FHFC wrote: »
    Just my opinion but in that midfield my priorities to change would be 1. Ward Prowse 2. Lampard (because of game time risk) 3. Ben Arfa (too inconsistent)

Brady will miss 2, or max 3 games of which 2 were tough away games where he'd likely have been your sub anyway.

Depending on the budget I'd try to get WP to a decent starting MF for now, as he wont play, so if also Lampard doesnt start this weekend you've only 10 players. Other option, if youve nothing much in the bank, would be to switch lampard to a decent mid who will def start, and go into weekend with no bench (which I am doing this week with Brady, Chester and Collins on bench).

decent advice, thanks.

i don't think WP will go down this week, so i may save getting rid of him until next GW. i've only 0.4 in the bank, and the best i can do is Morrison with the 4.8 i'd have. i don't think i'll do that with West Ham away to Spurs, as Morrison is unlikely to do much. whoever i bring in needs to be likely to do something.

i'd have 8.4 if i got rid of Lamps, or 8.3 if i waited. could just get Eriksen or Gylfi in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

SlickRic wrote: »
    definitely not.
    I wouldn't drop Kos for that reason, if you don't want him in your team anymore then you could do it now but he's looking at some really good fixtures where even Arsenal could keep a clean sheet. Don't get too hung up on price drops, particularly the .1s, an 8 point hit is a bad start to the week, I wouldn't be doing it for those reasons.

Fair point. I did think it was a bit mad but my team value isn't very high as is. 101.5 with 0.8 in the bank. Will bank some profit in the coming weeks though so I should be getting closer to 103.0 :)

I'm actually really considering rearranging my midfield in the coming weeks to Brady / Barkley / Ramsey / Amalfitano / (Michu or Erikson or Ozil)

Total cost of about 31.0 with Michu, and about 30.0 or so with Erikson, or 32.0 with Ozil.. All scoring at the moment and valued at far less than my current selection..

Hmm..

Advertisement