Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Team value is not the bee all and end all, plenty will have Ramsey, YaYa, Coleman and Giroud since the beginning and will be afraid to sell them even if they pick up an injury which will leave them out for 3 or 4 games because they'll lose most of the profit. You said it youself, there's loads of affordable mids this year, chances are you'll be able to have whatever team you want come Jan or Feb either way, don't make decisions(particularly points hits) based on a .1 drop alone, like I said if you are fed up with Kos in your team go for it to save you doing it next week but he doesn't seem to be a priority to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Similar to yourself and many others, I have Brady and WP. I'll upgrade WP; was looking at amalfitano but his fixtures are awful. But he's on form so might just get him.

Yeah his fixtures aren't great. Arnautovic is another option I have but it leaves me with zero in the bank.

What's the general consensus on Arnautovic and Amalfitano? Is Arnautovic worth the extra .5m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I like this..

zqSQ7SB.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

SlickRic wrote: »
    i've my own ideas, but opinions please...

take Lampard out for a 4 point hit? take Brady out for a 4 point hit? leave it as is?

Mig (Daniels)
    Coleman Nastasic Vidic Dawson (Chester)
    Lampard Michu Ben Arfa (Ward-Prowse) (Brady)
    Suarez Rooney Giroud

I was in a similar situation but done Lamps to Gylfi and WP to Barkley last night for a hit, kept Brady and will look at getting rid of Chester next week. I also took out Kos for Clyne, wanted a southampton defender and Kos has brought nothing but misery to me since GW1 so didn't mind including this transfer as part of an 8 pt hit! Watch Arsenal go on a run of 10 clean sheets in a row now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Who said 5-2-3 was dead? because Mr.P could end up bringing it back into action as I have all of WP, Brady and Redmond. I may take all the hits from GW8 onwards but this week I'm putting my faith in Turner (Chelsea at home is dead cert of a clean sheet :pac:), Vidic, Kos, Hangeland and Coleman.

I'll resist the urge to do Siggy in but the Ramsey train may make a pitstop at Prodston towers yet now that Giroud is out of my set up. I can use the bones of the 1.0 left over the following week in a defensive reshuffle. I simply don't know yet and can wait until Friday anyway, Brady out makes it easier to let Turner play this week though but WP being my only active sub is a concern the way the last 2 GWs have gone. However a hit for that reason I can't justify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Danger781 wrote: »
    I like this..

zqSQ7SB.png

I like it too. Only problem is you'll have difficulty upgrading those mids if you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I like this..

Would you look at McGregor over Boruc as you've got Clyne already? If one or 2 heavy hitters look like a must have in midfield you'll be snookered but yeah it's a strong looking team.

If you could stretch Nas to Kompany it'd serve you well I think. You're very rarely going to be using you're 4th and especially 5th mid so you could down grade one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

i'll be expecting some better returns from vidic over the next 4 or 5 gw's, especially with a 6m pricetag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Is Brady going to be able to drop? Since he is red flagged? Does that not prevent drops?

Yes, flagging does NOT prevent price drops. However the NTO target is roughly multiplied by 2.5.
    See here for all the answers about the mechanisms of FPL price changes ;) => http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/crack-the-code-2013-14-the-fiso-guide-to-fpl-price-changes-t103498.html

take Lampard out for a 4 point hit? take Brady out for a 4 point hit? leave it as is?

Mig (Daniels)
    Suarez Rooney Giroud

Brady is still far from a price drop (and if you bought him for 5.0 you can wait for at least next week) while Lampard will drop tonight. Lampard will also give you more possibilities price wise.
    Then what about Yaya Touré? You don't have City attacking cover. Or surf on Ramsey continuous exponential form and price rise ...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Got rid of Berbatov and brought in Lukaku

Wanted to get rid of Lampard but not for a 4 point hit this week. I hate taking hits

Also if Ozil doesn't provide some sort of return this week he'll be seriously in the dog house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Mig (Daniels)
    Suarez Rooney Giroud

Another one to consider for Lampard (instead of Yaya) is Sigurdsson. On good form and has good fixtures over the next 5 GW's starting with a home game to West Ham this weekend. Also you'd save a 1 million which you could use to upgrade Ward-Prowse to Ramsey. I'd hang on to Brady for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,289 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

thunderdog wrote: »
    Another one to consider for Lampard (instead of Yaya) is Sigurdsson. On good form and has good fixtures over the next 5 GW's starting with a home game to West Ham this weekend.

this is the favourite for me right now alright. him or Eriksen. Gylfi edges it at the moment as it allows me to upgrade Ward-Prowse next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I like this..

zqSQ7SB.png

I'm really not convinced the defenders dominance will continue for ever. 2 teams from 20 got clean sheets last week. Ozil, Ramsey, Siggy, Yaya all decent returning midfielders. And the likes of Eriksen, Michu with decent fixtures will start scoring heavily the odd week here and there and we will all be looking to upgrade our midfields. Esp if Mata gets back in and starts firing. I'm still trying to be set up more for 343, but go 433 where fixtures are preferable.

I'm looking towards a team something like this over the next 4 weeks or so, am 4 transfers away from it currently, liklely starting with Ben Arfa to Michu next week:

Migs, Lewis
    Dawson, Clyne, Ivanovic (or Kompany), Coleman, Mertesacker
    Brady, Ozil (or Mata if in favour), Michu, Ramsey, Eriksen
    Suarez, Benteke (Sturridge till Benteke fit), Lukaku

What do people think as a balance?

Edit: The other tranfers needed are Chester > Clyne, Collins > Ivanovic, Sturridge > Benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    How many have played their wildcard. Was thinking of doing mine this week

145,208 people played their wildcard :pac:

Mig (Daniels)
    Suarez Rooney Giroud

Dropping Lampard might be a good idea. He's a good player, but at about 8m, he's a bit on the expensive side for someone not earning any points. He seems to be starting the UEFA CL games, but not the PL ones currently. I wouldn't drop Brady unless you were in danger of losing money. He should only be missing 2 PL games.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Greetings!

My current team:

Mignolet
    Davis

Zabaleta
    Vidic
    Coleman
    Dawson
    Chester

Ozil
    Ben Arfa
    Moses
    Redmond
    Ward Prowse

Giroud
    Rooney
    Suarez

For this GW already did Soldado --» Suarez
    I want Siggy in my team for spurs cover! Is it recommendable to take a 4pt hit and take moses/ben arfa out this GW ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,289 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

bezuaua wrote: »
    I want Siggy in my team for spurs cover! Is it recommendable to take a 4pt hit and take moses/ben arfa out this GW ?

it's a risk.

the only reason I'm taking Lamps out for him at a 4pt hit is because Lamps probably won't start 3 games in a week, and going forward is a rotation risk.

Moses and Ben Arfa should both start at the weekend against Palace and Cardiff respectively. Ben Arfa is a slight doubt as he came off early against Everton, but there's been no news yet. if he's out do Ben Arfa
    > Siggy IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

it's a risk.

the only reason I'm taking Lamps out for him at a 4pt hit is because Lamps probably won't start 3 games in a week, and going forward is a rotation risk.

Moses and Ben Arfa should both start at the weekend against Palace and Cardiff respectively. Ben Arfa is a slight doubt as he came off early against Everton, but there's been no news yet. if he's out do Ben Arfa
    > Siggy IMO.

Can Siggy be sure of his place though? He spent a good part of last season on the bench.

I have thought about him but I'm always a bit wary. Spurs stil have to find a starting position for Lamela too.

eire_lad wrote: »
    question - Is it worth playing coleman this weekend v everton?

I am expecting city to winwell - despite everton form against newcastle...

Is it worth dropping coleman for this or is he likely yo get any assists - can see him been busy defending alot and alos conceding so most likely drop off team??

I had planned to bench coleman, but bradys injury has scuppered that so I'm forced to play him. Don't think I'll take the hit just to get him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I had planned to bench coleman, but bradys injury has scuppered that so I'm forced to play him. Don't think I'll take the hit just to get him out.

Same position here,i was originally tempted to get a lad from Stoke at 5.5 for a hit as i think Fulham are tripe this year but still unsure on that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,639 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I got Eriksen in on the wildcard two weeks ago so am avoiding the Sigurdsson bandwagon. Though he hasn't done much the last two weeks, I reckon Eriksen should easily outscore him over the course of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Mr.SlumDuck

Any suggestions on how to get Suarez into the team in 2 transfers?

Soldado one to go.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

dahat wrote: »
    Same position here,i was originally tempted to get a lad from Stoke at 5.5 for a hit as i think Fulham are tripe this year but still unsure on that....

4 point hit for Stoke defender - I wouldn't do that. You want this defender to earn at least over 5-6 point to justify the point hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Soldado one to go.

Thanks

If you want to do it in 2 transfers, the only way I see that happening is if you take out Ivanovic, assuming you want to hold on to both Michu and Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Mr.SlumDuck

jma wrote: »
    If you want to do it in 2 transfers, the only way I see that happening is if you take out Ivanovic, assuming you want to hold on to both Michu and Eriksen.

I think Ivanovic to Terry will do the trick.

Soldado one to go.

Thanks

What about

Soldado (9.5) -> Suarez (11.0)
    Ivanovic (6.5) -> Terry (6.1)

With your 1.1 in the bank that'll just do it.

Then if you want more flexibility money wise you can downgrade Ozil to Ramsey or get Dawson (5.1) in instead of Terry. Depends if you want to keep Chelsea defensive cover. If that's the case you could always do Koscileny -> Dawson later (e.g. GW9).

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Keller Bear

Soldado one to go.

Thanks

Selling Soldado will give you 10.6 so to get that extra 0.4 possibly swap Ivanovic for Terry? It is a bit of a sideways move I know though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Well that was conclusive anyhow:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭dahat

wonski wrote: »
    4 point hit for Stoke defender - I wouldn't do that. You want this defender to earn at least over 5-6 point to justify the point hit.

Midfielder,he has an assist already,cant think of his name but he looks decent and is a regular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

dahat wrote: »
    Midfielder,he has an assist already,cant think of his name but he looks decent and is a regular.

Arnie .

Advertisement