Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I didn't have Michu for a single minute last year and I suffered.....I'm beginning to think Ramsey will go the same way. We all know I have certain belligerence when it comes to keeping certain players (ahem) and I'm going to back myself by continuing to ignore Ramsey and Yaya too. If he keeps scoring then fair play and I'm delighted for the guy, I couldn't understand the abuse he was getting last year but I've accepted that I've missed the boat and will just hope his purple patch comes to an end soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Looking to switch out a defender for Ben Davies or Gibbs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'd say it'll be Sturridge to Suarez before he gets his hat trick against Palace and probably Collins to Davies for -4 as I've only 3 fit playing defenders if not.

Takin a risk by keeping injured Chester but if Collins is not starting it's the same thing and even if he's not they play Spurs and Man City next and away to Swansea after that. Can get a Southampton defender for Chester eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Hogey007 wrote: »
    so he is. he was over 200% when I checked??

When a flag is removed from a player all transfer activity is reset to zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I wouldn't mind taking a 4 point hit to get ramsey in for ward prowse but I already have 3 arsenal players so would have to take another hit to ditch koscielney. not sure if it's worth an 8 point hit for those transfers?

The thing with points hit is very much depending on your strategy. If you think that's the team you're gonna be happy to play with for the next 3-4 / 4-5 GWs than it's probably worth it, you're gonna save on price rises and won't have to desperately wait to get your "ideal" team. I guess fixtures are an important factor to include too.

Of course an injury could destroy all the good planning but well we can never know and predict them and over the course of the season good and bad luck probably even out.

This week I did Walcott to Ozil early. Than I got "frightened" by my lack of United attacking cover considering their fixtures. Couldn't afford Rooney as a direct swap. Didn't want to risk Hernandez (I already tried Welbeck with my GW4 WC and that was a waste even though I got some nice points from the bench for him). So had to go for an 8 pts hit (just after a 4 pts hit week that did not pay off). Benteke to Rooney and Ben Arfa to Barkley (though my decision to wait for United midweek game cost me 0.2 on price rises).
    In the end got a great saturday (50 pts -8) with 11 to come from the bench and Mig, Barkley and Sturridge tomorrow.
    If I hadn't taken the hit I would have captained Ozil and played Ben Arfa. I'll know tomorrow if I'll make up for the hits this week or not. But had I waited I probably wouldn't have been able to get Rooney in.
    My other option was Walcott to Ramsey and Benteke to Rooney: only a 4 pts hit but I thought Ramsey form could not continue forever and It would have been hard to get Ozil in after his price rises.

Ah well you can't get all your decisions right but if there's anything I learned these past FF seasons, the more big guns you get in your team the better you should score. And to come back to your point, at the moment Ramsey's on fire. But you don't have to hurry to transfer him in. His NTI seems to have been reset. You can have a good night sleep to think it over ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Transfers done already.. Way too early but I'm hoping to jump on price rises from Brady and Lukaku.. Assuming they rise obviously..

Ward-Prowse OUT, Brady IN

Bentekkers OUT, Lukaku IN

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Most likely Enrique to Terry after the match later. 3 Mig and Sturridge is LFC overkill.

Plan right now is no points hit. Hoping it stay that way for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭G1032

I'll wait to see how he plays on Monday but Barfa might be on the way out of my team.
    Who to replace him with though? I think I've missed the boat big time with Ramsey and in any case I've already got Ozil and Giroud. Might but another cheapie like Barkley but I've already got Brady and I'm not too sure if I want both Brady and Barkley. Don't really know what to do. Bring in Ya Ya? Had the chance to bring him in with the WC and I passed it up. Now he's going to cost me a lot more than he would have had then.

Edit. Scratch that Ya Ya idea. Didn't realise he had risen all the way to 9.2. Our of my reach now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Forever And Ever

Giroud to Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

just getting to watch match of the day now, i will most likely do my transfers on kos out for davies/wilson and ramsey in for ward prowse.
    but had my eye on getting kompany in over the next couple of gameweeks.
    with united hogging all the headlines for being such a shambles lately city have got away with a lot of criticism, they're looking awful in the matches i've seen them in this year, apart from against united last week and against 10 man newcastle they've looked poor and terrible at the back.
    Not sure i want a defender with such a liabilty in goal behind him, hart has been terrible for the last 18 months or so.
    It says it all really that it's widely known in the media that mancini had lined up begovic as a summer signing before he was sacked.
    Where am i going with all this? oh yeah, i was looking at kompany but now reconsidering it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Most likely Enrique to Terry after the match later. 3 Mig and Sturridge is LFC overkill.

Plan right now is no points hit. Hoping it stay that way for the week.

enrique could be playing wingback later if liverpool go with a 352 which would make him a better option although cissoko could take his place when fit in a few wks. They are at home to palace next week aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Michu to Ramsey to allow me the funds to upgrade Sturridge to Suarez for GW8.

just getting to watch match of the day now, i will most likely do my transfers on kos out for davies/wilson and ramsey in for ward prowse.
    but had my eye on getting kompany in over the next couple of gameweeks.
    with united hogging all the headlines for being such a shambles lately city have got away with a lot of criticism, they're looking awful in the matches i've seen them in this year, apart from against united last week and against 10 man newcastle they've looked poor and terrible at the back.
    Not sure i want a defender with such a liabilty in goal behind him, hart has been terrible for the last 18 months or so.
    It says it all really that it's widely known in the media that mancini had lined up begovic as a summer signing before he was sacked.
    Where am i going with all this? oh yeah, i was looking at kompany but now reconsidering it.
    Was thinking of kompany myself but will hold off on that one. Not sure if you have any southampton coverage Clyne at 4.4 is great value he has his place back now. They have Swansea Fulham and Hull at home in 3 of their next 5. Ive had Boruc Davis 8.5 keeper combo the last 3 weeks they have 3 cs in 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Was thinking of kompany myself but will hold off on that one. Not sure if you have any southampton coverage Clyne at 4.4 is great value he has his place back now. They have Swansea Fulham and Hull at home in 3 of their next 5. Ive had Boruc Davis 8.5 keeper combo the last 3 weeks they have 3 cs in 3.
    yeah I have luke shaw already, clyne is a great price at 4.4 though, if I had my wildcard active or a couple of free transfers i'd switch him in for shaw to save money.
    I got a small bit of luck last week with shaw coming on due to someone else not playing, I made sure he was in my starting 11 this week due to palace at home.
    I think I seen you mention you were looking at terry too, I might go for him instead of kompany, but neither will be this week so i'll see how they fare out. Long term i'd prefer kompany as we all know how good he is and virtually rotation proof but city need to sort themselves out first.

yeah I have luke shaw already, clyne is a great price at 4.4 though, if I had my wildcard active or a couple of free transfers i'd switch him in for shaw to save money.
    I got a small bit of luck last week with shaw coming on due to someone else not playing, I made sure he was in my starting 11 this week due to palace at home.
    I think I seen you mention you were looking at terry too, I might go for him instead of kompany, but neither will be this week so i'll see how they fare out. Long term i'd prefer kompany as we all know how good he is and virtually rotation proof but city need to sort themselves out first.

Have terry already luckily

Just one more weekend and then it's wildcard time!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

enrique could be playing wingback later if liverpool go with a 352 which would make him a better option although cissoko could take his place when fit in a few wks. They are at home to palace next week aswell.

Yeah, he did well getting forward last week. Just conscious of the defensive double up and dont really want to get rid of Mignolet. Will see how he fares later.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Looking at bringing in Ramsey or paulinho but considering international break might just bank the transfer...

Can Ramsay sustain it?

Wildcard for me after international break so he's in my thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Taking a risk but decided on benteke out negrado in. I will give him a go for a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Looking for some wildcard advice. Usually I wait till March to play it, but a bad start has me thinking about playing now.
    What do ye think? This is the current team (before any changes):
    Boruc (Foster)
    Coleman Vidic Toure (Collins Chester)
    Michu Ozil Brady Mirallas Ben Arfa
    Van Wolf Giroud Rooney

Should I play WC?

Looking for some wildcard advice. Usually I wait till March to play it, but a bad start has me thinking about playing now.
    What do ye think? This is the current team:
    Boruc (Foster)
    Coleman Vidic Toure (Collins Chester)
    Michu Ozil Brady Mirallas Ben Arfa
    Van Wolf Giroud Rooney

I dont see Southampton/Boruc sustaining the defensive form - I'd go for a better keeper and downgrade Vidic to Rafael maybe, who'll be first choice

Never rated Mirallas in terms of a fantasy midfielder

Jury still out on RVF!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Benteke could be back in time for GW 9.The International break is coming just at the right time.

Nobody is standing out for me this coming GW,I might wait until after the UCL/Europa Lge. games in midweek just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Think I'm gonna sell Silva and move on to Michu. Some favourable fixtures coming up for Swansea, until the start of December. Only worry is the Europa League.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

SantryRed wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna sell Silva and move on to Michu. Some favourable fixtures coming up for Swansea, until the start of December. Only worry is the Europa League.

I'd say Michu is almost a cert for playing league games. Swansea going very well in Europe and can afford to be rested in some of those games down the line. Bony owners are the ones suffering because of Europe right now

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Operation get Suarez in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Lads, Eriksen or Oscar?

I reckon Sturridge will rack up goals and assists imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Anyone going with Sturridge and Suarez? I need to transfer out Benteke and I already have Sturridge, I think the Crystal Palace game this week is pulling me towards Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Sturridge and Suarez would be madness imo, Liverpool don't exactly rack up the goals.

Anyone getting Mata in? Or are ye waiting until next week to see how he plays? Debating it a lot today, but the wealth of players they have in that position surely means he won't see regular game time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

THFC wrote: »
    Sturridge and Suarez would be madness imo, Liverpool don't exactly rack up the goals.

Anyone getting Mata in? Or are ye waiting until next week to see how he plays? Debating it a lot today, but the wealth of players they have in that position surely means he won't see regular game time.

I'm rubbing my hands in wait for when Mata starts to see full minutes

Advertisement