Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

moreau wrote: »
    I don't know if it is worth a hit, personal choice.

Some would say it is not worth doing at all, it is a marginal transfer and very sideways at first glance.

The other option some seem to be doing is Studge+Suarez and getting rid of Giroud.

Does Giroud have the stamina for all these games?

Thinking about "SaS" alright, but would have to swap Giroud to Suarez today before price rise as I currently have 9 for Giroud + 1.9 in the bank.

Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

FutureGuy wrote: »
    yeah but Giroud out makes no sense to me :pac:

I know, toying with the idea but really can't see myself doing it.

Sturridge out also doesn't make a whole load of sense but will most likely do it.:rolleyes:

Meanwhile Ramsey is now 3rd most owned player I am still not getting on this bandwagon like a few fellow boardsies here.

FML it is like Michu last year all over again for me! I actually dread looking at Arsenal scoresheets, and I have Giroud.

I think there is some sort of perverse enjoyment of not getting on bandwagons, stubborn egocentricity when they 2 points and some sort of weird self-defeating personality disorder when they get 15!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

have aguero in my team, think about swapping out for sturridge or suarez???

champions league fixtures gonna start playing their part more....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The decision 3 weeks ago to bring in Ben Arfa instead of Ramsey was a poor one.

Debating whether to dump Soldado for Sturridge. I think it shouldnt be that tough a decision though. Sturridge is in form. Soldado has yet to score from open play. Pool at home to a piss poor Palace side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

unkymo wrote: »
    I took an 8 point last week to bring in Michu, Barkley and Lukaku and I'm taken a 4 point hit this week to bring in Ozil and Dawson for Hazard and Turner.

I'm having an awful season so far (254 points), at least I have my wildcard left.

If you still have wildcard why are you taking all those hits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I used my wildcard last week, more than happy with the results. My main dilemma was around picking either Sturridge+Ramsey or Suarez+Barkley. Unless Barkley goes mental tonight it's likely the first pairing would have been better but I still think I've made the correct decision long term. The great thing is I've no interest in changing my team so will almost definitely bank my transfer this week. Next week's fixtures are looking tasty...

10cqef5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looks a good team just some niggling doubts about Michu,no doubt he will come right but when is the key.
    At 8.9 or so you do have options if you choose to sell him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

To the guy who ill advised me not to take the 4pt hit and bring Suarez in for my CAPTAIN rvp I despise you right now.

Please respect my time of mourning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    I used my wildcard last week, more than happy with the results. My main dilemma was around picking either Sturridge+Ramsey or Suarez+Barkley. Unless Barkley goes mental tonight it's likely the first pairing would have been better but I still think I've made the correct decision long term. The great thing is I've no interest in changing my team so will almost definitely bank my transfer this week. Next week's fixtures are looking tasty...

10cqef5.jpg

Close to perfect imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

moreau wrote: »
    I know, toying with the idea but really can't see myself doing it.

Sturridge out also doesn't make a whole load of sense but will most likely do it.:rolleyes:

Meanwhile Ramsey is now 3rd most owned player I am still not getting on this bandwagon like a few fellow boardsies here.

FML it is like Michu last year all over again for me! I actually dread looking at Arsenal scoresheets, and I have Giroud.

I think there is some sort of perverse enjoyment of not getting on bandwagons, stubborn egocentricity when they 2 points and some sort of weird self-defeating personality disorder when they get 15!:eek:
    Im also going to stay away from ramsey for now. At the end of the day if he continues scoring Ill still easily be able to fit him into my team. Hes not going to go too much higher than 7 million. The damage is done at this stage heres hoping it doesnt get any worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Should I get rid of Rooney to get in Suarez??

My other forwards are Giroud & Lukaku

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Close to perfect imho.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of that team too. Starting 11 is very similar to mine, except where rory has terry, fonte, rooney.....i have coleman, ivanovic and lambert. My aim over the next few weeks is to bring in rooney and downgrade ivan.

Hopefully being good on paper translates into points. It seems to have this week.

My main worries at the moment are not having Ramsey or Yaya, but I don't think either can keep up this run of good form. I say the same about Giroud, but while he is up top on his own I can't really avoid having him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Siggy in for Mirallas or Ben Arfa this week, really regretting having got rid of Yaya at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Want2know wrote: »
    Should I get rid of Rooney to get in Suarez??

My other forwards are Giroud & Lukaku

Man Utd have Sunderland next week. I would hold off till after that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭G1032

I've had a really bad start to the season and am on just 305 points.
    I'm debating whether to sell Giroud tonight and bring in Suarez before his price rises
    Wildcard played and it was a disaster. 16 points in hits already this season.
    Hangeland can go to free up money maybe.
    Any helpful advice welcome.

58ba8824011289e3a52647b51d706914.png

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

carraig2 wrote: »
    Man Utd have Sunderland next week. I would hold off till after that game

But Liverpool have Crystal Palace at Anfield.

305 points is not that bad at all, where are you about 500k/600k? One good week will have you right back in contention.

roryc wrote: »
    305 points is not that bad at all, where are you about 500k/600k? One good week will have you right back in contention.

Ya. 600,000 or so. Nothing has clicked though. Missed the Ramsey show, never got in on Barkley for the money he'd have made. WC was a total disaster.

Now I'm wondering do I take yet another hit to dump Giroud for Suarez or just sit tight with Sturridge? Trouble is that Suarez will rise 0.3 this week so it's pretty much now or never as regards getting him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Think Im more worried about what Suarez might do to Palace than Rooney at Sunderland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Double transfer tonight to beat the price rise. Really hate making a 4pt hit this early in the week with CL and EL still to come but has to be done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Hopefully Lukaku performs tonight.. I don't have him until next weekend but I could do with a price rise or two out of him ;)

But once again... COME ON CAPTAIN COLEMAN! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

G1032 wrote: »
    I've had a really bad start to the season and am on just 305 points.
    I'm debating whether to sell Giroud tonight and bring in Suarez before his price rises
    Wildcard played and it was a disaster. 16 points in hits already this season.
    Hangeland can go to free up money maybe.
    Any helpful advice welcome.

your not doing too much wrong with that team. The main difference with the teams in the top 100k is probably they were on ramsey and yaya. The most obvious change Id make is hangelaand to clyne save you a bit and will help you keep pace with everyone thats getting southampton cleanies every week. Going with suarez, sturridge for this week isnt a bad shout either will help you decide who you want to keep long term.Going with both suarez sturridge for the next 3 gws until they play arsenal could be a good shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Can afford Sturridge by swapping Soldado for him,my other front 2 are RVP & Giroud.

Should I pull the trigger and go for Sturridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

already done, while i could still afford it, mirallas and henderson out, ravel morrisson and yaya in, for a 3rd consecutive week of points hits!

manual_man wrote: »
    already done, while i could still afford it, mirallas and henderson out, ravel morrisson and yaya in, for a 3rd consecutive week of points hits!

FUUUUUU!!!!! Went to confirm transfer & it froze,reloaded page & magically Sturridge went up to 9.6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

zerks wrote: »
    FUUUUUU!!!!! Went to confirm transfer & it froze,reloaded page & magically Sturridge went up to 9.6.

haha what now, sure he went to 9.6 at 3am or what not did he not

your not doing too much wrong with that team. The main difference with the teams in the top 100k is probably they were on ramsey and yaya. The most obvious change Id make is hangelaand to clyne save you a bit and will help you keep pace with everyone thats getting southampton cleanies every week. Going with suarez, sturridge for this week isnt a bad shout either will help you decide who you want to keep long term.Going with both suarez sturridge for the next 3 gws until they play arsenal could be a good shout.

Thanks. I'm thinking I'll cash in on Giroud alright and it'll take a hit to get Suarez in for him. So be it.
    Clyne is a good shout. I'll give him a closer look. I'll wait until after the game tonight and watch Breaking Bad and then make up my mind!!

manual_man wrote: »
    haha what now, sure he went to 9.6 at 3am or what not did he not

For some reason the increase didn't show up.

Anyhow,my current plan is downgrade Zabaletta,too expensive as City aren't keeping clean sheets,this frees up funds to get Suarez as opposed to my original plan of Sturridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

RVP & Suarez in for Sturridge & Aguero.

Can sell Studge for 9.4 so happy enough with that especially with Suarez going up tonight. RVP in for Ageuro is repairing my brain-fart from last weekend. Aguero's price will likely fall before the weekend

Delighted with a front three of RVP ---- Suarez
    Girouid
    Hopefully for the rest of the season

Advertisement