Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Soooo.....now that Lukaku looks like a must have at such a great price which of Giroud, Rooney and Suarez do I drop considering I also have Ozil? It may be more of a GW8 transfer due to constraints with hits this week for the FSA.

Like I've said I'm leaning towards getting rid of Giroud but then I think about how crazy that seems on paper :pac: Could end up taking 16 point hit come GW 8 to set myself up accordingly for the next 4/5 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

zerks wrote: »
    For some reason the increase didn't show up.

Anyhow,my current plan is downgrade Zabaletta,too expensive as City aren't keeping clean sheets,this frees up funds to get Suarez as opposed to my original plan of Sturridge.

yeah got alot tied up in my defense alright, i think both Sturridge and Suarez will do well, flip a coin kind of thing for who does better. i like the way Yaya has suddenly turned into a free kick expert lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,814 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think Lampard's time in my team is coming to an end (although Chelsea are away to Norwich..arrgh)
    Do I take the plunge and trade up and if so, Siggy or Ramsey.
    I can't call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The only transer I need to make maybe is Collins. But it's not set in stone that he isn't first team anymore, so I might hang on till next weekend to wait and see. Otherwise, the obvious switch is to Rat, who I had from the begining but screwed me over.

Will also keep an eye on Siggy but I have Eriksen atm, so am happy enough to wait on him for another week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,289 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Panthro wrote: »
    I think Lampard's time in my team is coming to an end (although Chelsea are away to Norwich..arrgh)
    Do I take the plunge and trade up and if so, Siggy or Ramsey.
    I can't call it.

wait to see Chelsea's CL team before doing anything. if he starts, get rid. if not, you've a decision to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,814 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

SlickRic wrote: »
    wait to see Chelsea's CL team before doing anything. if he starts, get rid. if not, you've a decision to make.

went with Siggy.
    He's at home to west ham, it's a dead cert.
    (famous last words... :o )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Tempted to bring Lukaku in for Giroud. Will have to decide tonight though. Very happy I brought Barkley in though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Im in the same boat with Lampard, cant really justify selling him until after the home game to Cardiff, can absorb a .1 drop, cash in reserve.

The thing nagging at me this week is the conundrum of justifying a Rooney / Giroud for -4 to Suarez for one week. Not arsed by rises or drops, fancy a punt for the points, could be a massacre at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Thinking of doing Sturridge & Soldado to Lukaku & Suarez for -4 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭G1032

I figure I knew what I what to do now. Ben Arfa and Giroud out tonight. Suarez and Barkley in. That'll leave me with 1.2 spare. Next week it'll be Coleman and Sturridge out for Lukaku and some defender. I know Lukaku will cost an extra 0.3 then but so be it. Can't do much about that now.

Edit: That's done. SAS for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Lukaku in obviously for me.

Probably a midfielder to replace Ben Arfa too.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Ward-Prowse for Brady
    ...or...
    Ben Arfa for Sigurdsson, Michu, Oscar or Mata?

Took Ben Arfa out for Michu myself. A very kind fixture list for him.

Sigurdsson, Oscar and Mata are all not nailed for 90 minutes a game while some may not start over 80% too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is Sturridge to Suarez madness?

Your name would make more sense after the transfer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Had Rooney, Sturridge and Giroud -

Pulled the trigger and now have Rooney, Sturridge and Suarez.

Two men enter - one man leaves.

Going to pull the trigger on Lukaku in for Giroud tonight unless anyone can talk me out of it?

It's half knee-jerk and half a transfer I wanted to make in the near future being brought forward

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Going to pull the trigger on Lukaku in for Giroud tonight unless anyone can talk me out of it?

It's half knee-jerk and half a transfer I wanted to make in the near future being brought forward

In fairness you were on about getting 'The Fridge' in a few weeks ago. With his sudden burst of form Id do it

Well I don't think it's worth selling Giroud, who has risen almost a million, so easily.

No competition to start at Arsenal and will get goals this season.

Personally, I flogged Rooney for Lukaku.

Giroud away to West Brom, home to Turner and home to Palace in next 3 games.

I did Giroud -> Lukaku with my free transfer. Despite being Arsenal's main man he was one of the few players I don't really rate, along with the likes of Ramsey and Yaya. Hopefully all three have a few quiet weeks. Had Lukaku in GW1 but Mourinho just wouldn't play him. He is a goal machine. Only had Giroud for 1 week and pocketed £0.2m profit so easier for me to get rid of him than most others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Want Michu (I think). Do I get rid of Ben Arfa or Nolan.

Have 2.9 in the bank. Have made 0.1 on Ben Arfa, lost 0.1 on Nolan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Im surprised there is such a move for Lukaku with City away next. I could understand it the following week. I dont dislike the move but a tad early imho. Fair enough if minute rises and drops forces your hand.

I'm with roryc here, I think I rate him more than he does, but I just don't trust him fully. I've made .4 on him and in money terms Lukaku could be a cash-cow too. I'm not happy with Giroud in my team and Lukaku will add more balance, I just wish I had done it last week.

On paper Giroud has fantastic prospects but WBA turned united over this week, Norwich will go there playing for a point with Fer, Tettey and Johnson in midfield with probably Hooper or Elmander upfront and well ok Palace will be a rough ride. I've got Ozil and that should be enough. I wanted to wait until GW8 but my hand has been forced unfortunately. Ward-Prowse can drop as I can just bring in another 4.4 mid when I need to .1 for my 3rd sub isn't worth -4 in an FSA week.

Certainly not going to argue with your logic there, Prodston.

Each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

daithijjj wrote: »
    Im surprised there is such a move for Lukaku with City away next. I could understand it the following week. I dont dislike the move but a tad early imho. Fair enough if minute rises and drops forces your hand.

just the nature of things. anticipation of price rises, will likely rise 0.3 by Saturday, possibly 0.4 by Sunday. I'm in a dilly of a pickle myself, have already taken a -4 hit, but can do straight swap Lukaku for Lambert with 0.0 in the bank. Decisions :-/

manual_man wrote: »
    just the nature of things. anticipation of price rises, will likely rise 0.3 by Saturday, possibly 0.4 by Sunday. I'm in a dilly of a pickle myself, have already taken a -4 hit, but can do straight swap Lukaku for Lambert with 0.0 in the bank. Decisions :-/

Taken a 4 point hit myself too.

Rooney to Lukaku.
    Ben Arfa to Michu.

Certainly trying to ride on the price rises myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I did Giroud to Lukaku when wildcarding in GW5. Lukaku was the no 1 striker I wanted as I reckoned he'd be massive going to Everton, a good attacking team creating loads of chances this year and crying out for a finisher for a few years now. Was tempted to hold off a few weeks to make sure he'd start but in the end so glad I didn't!

He got almost half my points this week!

Giroud -> Lukaku = Done. But a week too late and I can now either live or die by the sword and know it's my choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Did RVP to suarez there before he goes up and RVP goes down or gets more injured midweek, think i'll then do sturridge to lukaku and then sort out the rest of my team.
    Have no idea who to switch out nolan for, i had been thinking ben arfa but not sure why he only played a half today? Injury or did he just have that poor a game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Did Ben Arfa go off injured or was he just subbed?

Advertisement