Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I'm with roryc here, I think I rate him more than he does, but I just don't trust him fully. I've made .4 on him and in money terms Lukaku could be a cash-cow too. I'm not happy with Giroud in my team and Lukaku will add more balance, I just wish I had done it last week.

On paper Giroud has fantastic prospects but WBA turned united over this week, Norwich will go there playing for a point with Fer, Tettey and Johnson in midfield with probably Hooper or Elmander upfront and well ok Palace will be a rough ride. I've got Ozil and that should be enough. I wanted to wait until GW8 but my hand has been forced unfortunately. Ward-Prowse can drop as I can just bring in another 4.4 mid when I need to .1 for my 3rd sub isn't worth -4 in an FSA week.

Fair enough, everyone has their own decisions to make for various reasons.

For me though, i dont worry about profit made and cashing in or whatever, my strategy always leaves enough cash behind to leave plenty of wiggle room.

For what its worth i think West Brom have been fairly awful and i watched two awful teams (currently) at Old Trafford the weekend. Same with Norwich and Palace tbh. I dont fear for Arsenal in the league.

Like i said, i dont mind the move in isolation, i have thought about Giroud to Suarez for 2 weeks myself. I just think its a bit early, what if Ozil picks up a knock against Napoli tomorrow?. You could end up with no Arsenal cover. If Giroud gets a knock you can do the xfer tomorrow and still have Arsenal cover.

Anyway, good luck sir ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think yesterdays and todays game show the dangers of making early transfers on a sat to catch price rises or if a player has a good day. Lukaku, sturridge, suarez all on everyones radar now. Ben Arfa will be wanted out by a lot now. On sat it seemed like ramsey had to be brought in. Not that that was a bad move but probably best waiting till all games are finished before making moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

roryc wrote: »
    I used my wildcard last week, more than happy with the results. My main dilemma was around picking either Sturridge+Ramsey or Suarez+Barkley. Unless Barkley goes mental tonight it's likely the first pairing would have been better but I still think I've made the correct decision long term. The great thing is I've no interest in changing my team so will almost definitely bank my transfer this week. Next week's fixtures are looking tasty...

10cqef5.jpg

Ye like that team have 8 of same starters and two bench players similar,
    Hoping for a good week too!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Did RVP to suarez there before he goes up and RVP goes down or gets more injured midweek, think i'll then do sturridge to lukaku and then sort out the rest of my team.
    Have no idea who to switch out nolan for, i had been thinking ben arfa but not sure why he only played a half today? Injury or did he just have that poor a game?

Ben Arfa played well. He was one of the main play-makers for NEW during the first half. Even the commentators were surprised he was subbed out. But he did get an injury, I'm pretty sure. It didn't look too serious, but earlier in the year, they were saying he'd be out for the season because of a hamstring injury. It could have had something to do with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I am very tempted to get rid of the player I took a hit to sign last week (Aguero, City have some hard fixtures against three of the tightest to defences in the the league now, incl 2 away - why the hell did I sign him again?) and switch him to Suarez instead of swapping Sturridge for him.

The trouble is to do this I have to shed Moses as to many Liverpool and want to get shot of Ben Arfa too. It would be -8 early in the week but could be those three out and Suarez, Michu and Brady in. To get Michu I need to lose both Ben Arfa and Moses. Swansea and Liverpool have great fixtures. The three signings and Sturridge are all on the rise.

Team would then be:
    Migs, lewis,
    Dawson, Chester, Collins Merts, Coleman
    Ramsey, Ozil, Erikson, Michu, Brady
    Sturridge, Suarez, Lukaku.

Big risk I'd be taking is that I've only 3 definite starting defenders next week, and what I should really be doing is taking -4 and getting Collins or Chester out, but this is very tempting. Any views. Will have to decide tonight!?! Help!

T

• Advertisement

jma wrote: »
    Ben Arfa played well. He was one of the main play-makers for NEW during the first half. Even the commentators were surprised he was subbed out. But he did get an injury, I'm pretty sure. It didn't look too serious, but earlier in the year, they were saying he'd be out for the season because of a hamstring injury. It could have had something to do with that.

I thought he was poor. Main reason I think he came off was because Coleman had him in his pocket and was able to get forward very easily and threaten Newcastle so much due to Ben Arfa's inability to do even a little defending!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭whackball

Hi all,

Looking for your thoughts.

My current team is

Min, Ivanovic,Zabaleta, Jagelka, Michu, Barkley, Ozil, Lucas, Soldado, Rooney and Suarez....I took a -4 pt hit last week to bring in Suarez, Rooney & Ozil and it paid of to an extent.

I am now 12 pts behind in my private league but now with a different midfield & forward line to most others (felt I needed change it as most has the same players).

Now my question for this week is

Swap Lucas & Soldado for a Lukaku and Ramsey and pocket .3 in the bank ( based on value at this exact minute ).

To me seems like a no-brainer normally but, Everton are at City and Spurs host West Ham so worried the Lukaku might get nothing from the City game and Soldado has to start scoring some time.

Also if I do a double swap its another 4point hit.

Any thoughts (still haven't used my wildcard)

FHFC wrote: »
    I am very tempted to get rid of the player I took a hit to sign last week (Aguero, City have some hard fixtures against three of the tightest to defences in the the league now, incl 2 away - why the hell did I sign him again?) and switch him to Suarez instead of swapping Sturridge for him.

The trouble is to do this I have to shed Moses as to many Liverpool and want to get shot of Ben Arfa too. It would be -8 early in the week but could be those three out and Suarez, Michu and Brady in. To get Michu I need to lose both Ben Arfa and Moses. Swansea and Liverpool have great fixtures. The three signings and Sturridge are all on the rise.

Team would then be:
    Migs, lewis,
    Dawson, Chester, Collins Merts, Coleman
    Ramsey, Ozil, Erikson, Michu, Brady
    Sturridge, Suarez, Lukaku.

Big risk I'd be taking is that I've only 3 definite starting defenders next week, and what I should really be doing is taking -4 and getting Collins or Chester out, but this is very tempting. Any views. Will have to decide tonight!?! Help!

T

Left it a bit late in the evening to seek advice on this! Still tempted to do it as will leave my team much closer to the shape I want it long term. Anyone out there to give me 1 word.....bold or stupid!? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Left it a bit late in the evening to seek advice on this! Still tempted to do it as will leave my team much closer to the shape I want it long term. Anyone out there to give me 1 word.....bold or stupid!? :o

is michu for ben arfa essential for this week? newcastle have cardiff at home

Raf32 wrote: »
    is michu for ben arfa essential for this week? newcastle have cardiff at home

I'm 0.2 short of Moses and Aguero to Michu and Suarez and want to get Michu as soon as I can. Might have a point though. Swansea away to Southampton followed by 2 home games. Plus if I have a defender disaster later in week I could still fix it without going -12 which would be daft.

Thanks.

Edit, they're away to Cardiff actually, but point still valid.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Forever And Ever

I'm 0.2 short of Moses and Aguero to Michu and Suarez and want to get Michu as soon as I can. Might have a point though. Swansea away to Southampton followed by 2 home games.

Thanks.

Is Rafael fit again?

Feckit. Have to go to leaba. Moses and Aguero gone, Brady and Suarez in. Bring on the Palace!

Thanks for the feedback Raf32.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Is Rafael fit again?

I believe so. Hoping to bring him in for Vidic in the coming weeks. While Vidic should be a definite starter for 90%+ of games, Rafael has no competition at RB other than Jones.. Why he is still playing at RB I don't know..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

After a horrible, horrible two weeks 35 and 34(-4) I am very confident about the coming GW7..

Transfers:
    Ward-Prowse OUT, Brady IN
    Benteke OUT, Lukaku IN (-4)

8l2u.png

Mignolet - Keeper of the season so far and with 43% ownership it's almost a necessity to have him. He's at Anfield up against Crystal Palace so I'll be shocked if he doesn't maintain a clean sheet.

Dawson - Tottenham at home this weekend, who are normally pretty solid defensively, are up against West Ham who have scored 4 goals all season. Confident of a clean sheet.

Koscielny - Away to West Brom whose confidence will be running high after defeating Man United at Old Trafford. Don't have high hopes but wouldn't be surprised if he kept a CS.

Brady - At home to Aston Villa. Villa have kept only one clean sheet all season. Possibility of something from Brady.

Michu - Everyone knows him. You can never underestimate him really. He will have a tough challenge against Southampton though, especially considering he will be playing away and with the saints current form I wouldn't be too surprised if nothing happened. Still waiting for Bony-Michu axis of doom!

Erikson - At home to West Ham who have a fairly decent defensive record. Jussi is a great keeper but I think he will struggle to keep the goals out. Definitely expecting something from Erikson.

Ozil - Up against West Brom. They kept United at bay last week. Who knows.

Lukaku - Absolute tank. Might actually keep him instead of Benteke if he keeps his form up. City are somewhat hit&miss at the back so I think they will struggle to keep him at bay.

Sturridge - Expecting big things. Captain this weekend for sure. Palace don't stand a chance.

Giroud - Up against West Brom. They kept United at bay last week. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

whackball wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking for your thoughts.

My current team is

Min, Ivanovic,Zabaleta, Jagelka, Michu, Barkley, Ozil, Lucas, Soldado, Rooney and Suarez....I took a -4 pt hit last week to bring in Suarez, Rooney & Ozil and it paid of to an extent.

I am now 12 pts behind in my private league but now with a different midfield & forward line to most others (felt I needed change it as most has the same players).

Now my question for this week is

Swap Lucas & Soldado for a Lukaku and Ramsey and pocket .3 in the bank ( based on value at this exact minute ).

To me seems like a no-brainer normally but, Everton are at City and Spurs host West Ham so worried the Lukaku might get nothing from the City game and Soldado has to start scoring some time.

Also if I do a double swap its another 4point hit.

Any thoughts (still haven't used my wildcard)

Lucas will be missing the next game due to a one-match ban. Everton may not win against City, but there's a good chance of Lukaku scoring. In my opinion, City's defense is weaker than Everton's. At the very least, you will benefit from Lukaku's value for money and the price rises that are to follow. A lot of people here talking about buying Lukaku in after tonight. Benteke, as you know, will be out for some time yet, so this choice of transfers isn't bad at all, if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Once again -4, not only because half of those transfers paid off this season... Lukaku will go up, despite City next week, after that very promising fixtures. Koscielny out - Fonte in, and Campbell out (earned 0.2m on him anyway) - Lukaku in. Don't expect as good return as from last week transfers (Brady/Suarez for Noble/RVP), but want to keep them for a little longer. Having Southampton defender will make it easier for me when it comes to goalkeepers - having Mignolet and Boruc is a pain. Now, when in doubt Fonte+Mignolet, and when Southampton have nice fixture - as the last one - can double up on Southampton. Saying that Mignolet is number 1 regardless of the fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

dying over taking a -4 pt hit for suarez in for sturridge because i just know he's going to rise at least .2 before next gw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

jolim24601 wrote: »
    dying over taking a -4 pt hit for suarez in for sturridge because i just know he's going to rise at least .2 before next gw...

Just watched full highlights from their game and it looked like there was no Suarez without Sturridge. Well there was, but Sturridge is still great value, 50/50 between them if I didn't buy Suarez by now. Some great assists from Sturridge there...

Think Fellaini might FINALLY do something this weekend

Will hold onto him - trnasfer this week looks like being Giroud to Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Anyone for Sigurdson? Hazard is burning a hole in my team value and has to go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Mignolet
    Jones(Man U) Coleman Ivanovic
    Nolan Özil Lamps Mirallas
    Lukaku Giroud Berba

Subs - Cuéllar Garrido Quinn

£1.2 in the kitty. Thinking of sticking a Spurs midfielder in for Lamps?

Any ideas?

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Anyone for Sigurdson? Hazard is burning a hole in my team value and has to go...

Why don't you bring in Mata?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

im just after doin aguero for suarez.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Why don't you bring in Mata?

Will he play? Only 3 sub appearences so far.

He's the apple of Mourinho's eye since Saturday

He's showed him who's the boss, and with de Brunye in the bad books and Van Ginkel out for the season, I imagine Oscar and Hazard are now nailed on starters with Hazard and Schurlle fighting out for one position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'd avoid him till we know whether he'll start or not .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Mignolet
    Jones(Man U) Coleman Ivanovic
    Nolan Özil Lamps Mirallas
    Lukaku Giroud Berba

Subs - Cuéllar Garrido Quinn

£1.2 in the kitty. Thinking of sticking a Spurs midfielder in for Lamps?

Any ideas?

Mirallas twisted his ankle last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Brought in Lukaku for Giroud. Now have £1.9m I don't really need. Guess I can bump Brady up to Sigurdsson if he misses games due to his operation. Would prefer not to though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think I may have hastily gotten rid of Soldado for Sturridge.

No arguing who the form player is there, but I probably should have tried to bolster my midfield than transfer a striker. Spurs are at home to West Ham this weekend and they ahve been pretty piss poor this season so far.

If I can break 50 Ill be delighted.

Hopefully Sturridges form continues against Palace and Moses can do a job on his former club. Mignolet should be a cert for a clean sheet as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Went from Giroud to Lukaku, as seems to be the popular trend on here. Lukaku is definitely undervalued, priced as a Chelsea reserve, and it frees up some funds to potentially swap Sturridge for Suarez or Rooney to RVP next week.

Advertisement