Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone see a transfer for a points hit here?

gw7_zps2c46df28.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thinking Suarez and amalfitino in for Ben arfa and giroud. Yay or nay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Went from Giroud to Lukaku, as seems to be the popular trend on here. Lukaku is definitely undervalued, priced as a Chelsea reserve, and it frees up some funds to potentially swap Sturridge for Suarez or Rooney to RVP next week.

The one problem I have with Lukaku is that, like many others it could be argued, he scored in fits and starts last year. He'd go on a rampage for a few games and then not score for the next five.

He played well last night but Newcastle were terrible at the back and in midfield. His second goal was a comedy of errors at the back from them.

That said, I can't argue at all with people bringing him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Hears6

To swap RVP for Suarez or otherwise, is the question..yay/nay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,289 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Brady may well be out.
    Hull winger Robbie Brady will undergo surgery on Tuesday after pulling out of the Republic of Ireland squad with a groin injury.

The 21-year-old was called up by interim Republic manager Noel King for this month's World Cup qualifiers against Germany and Kazakhstan, but had on Saturday aggravated an existing groin complaint during a 1-0 victory over West Ham, in which he fired the only goal from the penalty spot.

A scan conducted on Monday evening determined Brady needed an operation on his groin and ruled him out of contention, the Football Association of Ireland confirmed in a statement.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-10-01/groin-surgery-for-robbie-brady/

nothing is going right :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,111 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Did RVP and Whittaker out for Suarez and Terry for a hit.

SlickRic wrote: »

He'll only miss the one game though. Not worth transferring him out over. Not when he has been giving the returns that he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Supposedly he'll have pain killing injections this week , then the surgery over the international break . Recovery time is 7-10 days so shouldn't miss any games .

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Supposedly he'll have pain killing injections this week , then the surgery over the international break . Recovery time is 7-10 days so shouldn't miss any games .

that was for the hernia.

i was under the impression this might be a different injury.

hopefully he plays against Villa, then I can worry about it after that.

Brady is an easy one this gameweek. Start him. He'll either start or wont take part at all. Have a good first sub ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I can understand all the love for Lukaku as he is showing again that he is well able to score goals but i cant see why there is a mass exodus of Giroud from teams to bring him in THIS week, Everton play City away and i cant see them running riot despite their good form, while Arsenal play West Brow (albeit away too) and although Wets Brom done a number on UTD that's more due to the fact that UTD are all over the shop at the moment and look like they could be beaten by anyone right now where as Arsenal are the in form team in the league and to be fair to Giroud he has scored well in every game bar 1 so far this season!?

Are people simply doing the transfer now to capitalise on price rises? looking at my own team if i wanted to save a few quid id prefer to bring Barkley in... i could even bring Ramsey in to save but im being stubborn and refusing to make that move as i have Ozil in midfield already.

that was for the hernia.

i was under the impression this might be a different injury.

hopefully he plays against Villa, then I can worry about it after that.

I don't think so .

His Hernia problem is to do with his groin .

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/understanding-hernia-basics

• Registered Users Posts: 22,639 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Giroud has averaged 7 points a game and is a nailed on starter, surprised so many are getting rid of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Giroud has averaged 7 points a game and is a nailed on starter, surprised so many are getting rid of him.

For me, I can't justify having 3 Arsenal attackers in my team with Giroud, Ramsey and Ozil. Giroud has started well, but it's his first prolific spell in an Arsenal shirt, and I'm not sure if he can sustain it.

Add that to Lukaku's form, current price, and likelihood of going up .3 this week, and it makes sense to me. The following stat was the clincher: only Christian Benteke (18), and Daniel Sturridge and Robin van Persie (both 15) have scored more in 2013.

Giroud is 9.4, Lukaku is 7.6, and the likely returns don't justify the discrepancy.

I can understand all the love for Lukaku as he is showing again that he is well able to score goals but i cant see why there is a mass exodus of Giroud from teams to bring him in THIS week, Everton play City away and i cant see them running riot despite their good form, while Arsenal play West Brow (albeit away too) and although Wets Brom done a number on UTD that's more due to the fact that UTD are all over the shop at the moment and look like they could be beaten by anyone right now where as Arsenal are the in form team in the league and to be fair to Giroud he has scored well in every game bar 1 so far this season!?

Are people simply doing the transfer now to capitalise on price rises? looking at my own team if i wanted to save a few quid id prefer to bring Barkley in... i could even bring Ramsey in to save but im being stubborn and refusing to make that move as i have Ozil in midfield already.

Yeah Giroud could easily do well but I also have Ozil and Ramsey.

Regarding Lukaku vs City, it depends on which City turns up. The City that beat United or the City that capitulated vs Villa. I think it could be the latter.

I asked one of the lads from physio room about Brady . They say it's the same injury .

if it's the same injury, then brilliant. i've no worries.

i've already done Benteke
    > Giroud as I've no Arsenal coverage, and my only other decision will be whether to take points hits from there.

Lampard
    > ?????
    get Terry in?

they're what I'm sizing up.

in other news...
    fantasyfootballscout ‏@FFScout

Aguero and Silva both fit to face Bayern in Champions League tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Stats Ahoy:
    * Aaron Ramsey has made the most tackles in the PL this season with 33. He made seven v Swansea on Saturday evening.

* Gary Medel recorded a phenomenal 99% pass completion rate v Fulham.

* Only two of Chelsea's seven goals this season have come from open play.

* Romelu Lukaku has now scored 14 PL goals in 2013; only Christian Benteke (18), Daniel Sturridge (15) and Robin van Persie (15) have scored more.

* Fulham are allowing opponents an average 20.3 shots per game - the highest in the PL by some margin.

* Vincent Kompany has the highest pass completion rate of any PL regular this season at 94.6%.

* Wayne Rooney is 28th on a list of average key passes per game in the PL - he is the highest Manchester United player

* Ricky van Wolfswinkel did not have a shot of any description v Stoke. He has managed one shot on target in his last five PL games.

* Only three players - John Ruddy, Van Wolfswinkel and Michael Turner - have started all six PL games for Norwich this season.

* Only one of Southampton's five goals this season has come from open play - Pablo Osvaldo's opener on Saturday

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/8950961/Numbers-Stats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

took the four point hit, happier now!
    274041.png

• Advertisement

and there it is.

bollocks to that anyway.
    Hull City Official ‏@hullcityteam

Robbie Brady will undergo surgery on a hernia problem today and be sidelined for around four weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone see a transfer for a points hit here?

gw7_zps2c46df28.png

Very strong team. If I were you I'd bank the FT this week and have 2 for the international break. It will also give you more flexibility to maybe upgrade Brady.

###

Robbie Brady will undergo surgery today and be sidelined for around four weeks (source: http://www.hullcityafc.net/news/article/201314-brady-op-1089196.aspx).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yeah Giroud could easily do well but I also have Ozil and Ramsey.

Regarding Lukaku vs City, it depends on which City turns up. The City that beat United or the City that capitulated vs Villa. I think it could be the latter.

Extra Gravy's stat says it all to me really... but i can understand people not wanting to have 3 attacking players from any one team. However i have always played this game with my mind set toward fixtures rather then solely on a players form... i think after the City game would be the perfect time to bring Lukaku in as Arsenal vs West Brom sounds like a no brainer for anyone with Arsenal players!

I'm afraid now if i dont make the move though that im going to miss out in some way... either by me ending up with egg on my face because Giroud does SFA next week and Lukaku does well or simple just by missing out on a .3 price rise!

Giroud is so close to another rise though and if i can hold off on one more rise for him ill get an extra .1 if he rises before Lukaku. I'm also set to lose .1 on Ward-Prowse but so be it!

Maybe ill just do the Ben Arfa to Barkley move and at least ill have some Everton cover? Otherwise its back to contemplating hits for Giroud > Lukaku & Ben Arfa > Ramsey

I was planning on holding onto my free transfer this week only yesterday!!!:confused:

This fúcking game....:rolleyes:

88,000 had brought in Brady this week already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Glad I didnt use my transfer on Lukaku now!

I have Chester & Brady & 0.8m in the bank, I must get rid of one of them!

and there it is.

bollocks to that anyway.

How many games will he miss? There's a two week international break in there so I think I'll keep him. I was going to have to bench Ben Arfa away to Cardiff this weekend but will just play him.

Lemlin wrote: »
    How many games will he miss? There's a two week international break in there so I think I'll keep him. I was going to have to bench Ben Arfa away to Cardiff this weekend but will just play him.

4 weeks, so 2, maybe 3 games.

i'm weighing it up.

i'm likely to take a 4-point hit regardless as I've Ward-Prowse, Brady, Chester and Lamps, with 0.4 in the bank. i've already brought in Giroud.

if Lamps starts tonight, he's a candidate to go before the weekend. if not, i'll either have to play Coleman, or bench him and get someone else in for a points hit.

Will just go 4-3-3 but if he is showing signs of dropping fast, will get rid. I have Ward-Prowse on the old bench doing little each week so I need two other subs each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

This is my team, any obvious transfers there? (for a points hit). I'm thinking SOldado, but for who? Plus he is due a few goals.

aTViyMo.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Thinking Giroud for Rooney, and Nolan (the useless donkey!) for Ramsey. I reckon Ramsey has a couple more exceptional weeks left in him yet.

Or keeping Giroud and attempting to sort out my midfield and bring in Ramsey and Cabaye? Thoughts?

Advertisement