Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Will just go 4-3-3 but if he is showing signs of dropping fast, will get rid. I have Ward-Prowse on the old bench doing little each week so I need two other subs each week.

That could be my problem too. I have Collins and Whittaker so a hit may be needed. Ben Arfa went off last night and with Brady out I'd be relying on him to start.

By all accounts, he seems to have been playing well in the first half (according to match reports) so I'm thinking he may of had an injury.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Forever And Ever

I really cant get my head around so many people making transfers so early in the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭amber69

This is my team, any obvious transfers there? (for a points hit). I'm thinking SOldado, but for who? Plus he is due a few goals.

aTViyMo.png

Doesn't look too bad if Brady is fit. Wouldn't take a points hit if I was you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 BreakingBoard

I need help guys so any opinions or advice are very much welcome :) I'm currently 157,663 overall so reasonably happy with that and top of my € league. However, I stupidly wild carded just to get in RVP after the first international break, buying in to the RVP v Palace hype despite the fact that I was doing ok. The weeks after have been reasonable and I scored above average with 66 this week thanks to SAS. As you'll see my team is a little unbalanced (an injury or two here and there) but I'm trying to fix it. The first image inserted is my team and the second is that of 'roryc' (a team similar to one I'm working towards) How would ye go about balancing this team and in what orders should I do my transfers? You'll see I have 1 FT this week and 2.2 in the bank. I'd like to hold on to SAS for the GW7 against Palace. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Its a good team. I did similar to you wildcarding to get rvp in but i just had no wiggle room with him there and my subs were mediocre. I am a little bit higher than you overall - roughly 125k. Dumped rvp almost immediately and havent suffered too much but i regret going near him at all.

If I was you i wouldnt be too worried about emulating anyone elses team, you have a good keeper, defence and strikeforce. Midfield could use an upgrade IMO...maybe look at pablo out. could maybe downgrade kos to raise a little more if needed. We will keep clean sheets eventually but right now we are good to leak a goal a game, even when we are clearly the better side....sunderland away, fulham away, swansea away. Its like Arsenal prefer to put the fans through the mill before we get the 3 pts!

• Advertisement

Seems like brady is crocked now too so that could be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

amber69 wrote: »
    Doesn't look too bad if Brady is fit. Wouldn't take a points hit if I was you.
    Brady out for four weeks... tbh I might just leave it for Coleman to be subbed in, I don't think it is worth the points hit? Maybe next week I will get Barkley i for him (I have .4 in the bank)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ChoiChoi

Brought in Moses this week I know hasn't been bagging many points but he's a great player for the price in my opinion and needed to get rid of routledge, with palace at home he might get some action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yeah Giroud could easily do well but I also have Ozil and Ramsey.

Regarding Lukaku vs City, it depends on which City turns up. The City that beat United or the City that capitulated vs Villa. I think it could be the latter.

Man City away from home seem to be a totally different team .

Home P 3 W 3 D 0 L 0 GF 10 GA 1
    Away P 3 W 0 D 1 L 2 GF 4 GA 6

Unfortunately for Lukaku/Barkley owners this weeks game is at The Ethiad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Forwards are a nightmare for the right reasons for the first time in 7 or so years playing this game. 4 point hit taken. WardProwse and Rooney out, Siggy and Lukaku in. Leaves me with Lukaku, Giroud and Sturridge up front, would love to have Aguero, Suarez, Benteke and either Rooney or Van Persie, just too many options.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 BreakingBoard

Thanks for the feedback Santi.

Seems my dilemma has gotten bigger with Brady ruled out for the next few weeks.

So guys... Happy enough with Ozil but with Brady (out), Hernandez (out) and Redmond (doubtful) and Ward-Prouse not a guaranteed starter, should I take a 4pts hit to make up a midfield 3 with Ozil and work from there next week. Or should I just use my FT and possibly play with 10 players and work from there. I have 2.2 in the bank. Who would you bring in and what would you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

SlickRic wrote: »
    4 weeks, so 2, maybe 3 games.

i'm weighing it up.

i'm likely to take a 4-point hit regardless as I've Ward-Prowse, Brady, Chester and Lamps, with 0.4 in the bank. i've already brought in Giroud.

if Lamps starts tonight, he's a candidate to go before the weekend. if not, i'll either have to play Coleman, or bench him and get someone else in for a points hit.

We must have very similar teams! Add in Collins who didn't start last week and you have 5 players I could do with getting rid of, already wasted my wildcard. Lamps went last night and I think Chester will go before the weekend for Clyne but I'll probably hang onto the rest for another week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Notice how Hull say around 4 weeks. That will most likely be a minimum. I reckon it could be closer to 6 weeks before he'll be back on the pitch.

"BreakingBoard I used my FT already to get WardProwse out for Barkley.

You could then go Hernandez to Sigurdsson perhaps. Decent fixtures and goal threat. Not sure how Spurs fans view him, I wouldnt say he'll be a long-term starter but should be fine for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Lemlin wrote: »
    He'll only miss the one game though. Not worth transferring him out over. Not when he has been giving the returns that he is.

He'll miss 2 games anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Danger781 wrote: »
    After a horrible, horrible two weeks 35 and 34(-4) I am very confident about the coming GW7..

Transfers:
    Ward-Prowse OUT, Brady IN
    Benteke OUT, Lukaku IN (-4)

8l2u.png

Mignolet - Keeper of the season so far and with 43% ownership it's almost a necessity to have him. He's at Anfield up against Crystal Palace so I'll be shocked if he doesn't maintain a clean sheet.

Dawson - Tottenham at home this weekend, who are normally pretty solid defensively, are up against West Ham who have scored 4 goals all season. Confident of a clean sheet.

Koscielny - Away to West Brom whose confidence will be running high after defeating Man United at Old Trafford. Don't have high hopes but wouldn't be surprised if he kept a CS.

Brady - At home to Aston Villa. Villa have kept only one clean sheet all season. Possibility of something from Brady.

Michu - Everyone knows him. You can never underestimate him really. He will have a tough challenge against Southampton though, especially considering he will be playing away and with the saints current form I wouldn't be too surprised if nothing happened. Still waiting for Bony-Michu axis of doom!

Erikson - At home to West Ham who have a fairly decent defensive record. Jussi is a great keeper but I think he will struggle to keep the goals out. Definitely expecting something from Erikson.

Ozil - Up against West Brom. They kept United at bay last week. Who knows.

Lukaku - Absolute tank. Might actually keep him instead of Benteke if he keeps his form up. City are somewhat hit&miss at the back so I think they will struggle to keep him at bay.

Sturridge - Expecting big things. Captain this weekend for sure. Palace don't stand a chance.

Giroud - Up against West Brom. They kept United at bay last week. Who knows.

Now that Brady is out I'm playing Nastasic instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Girouid & Ozil tearing Napoli a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Was hoping I'd squeeze points out of Brady this weekend too but doesn't look like it. I'm considering the unthinkable now...Ward-Prowse out for Ramsey :eek: With doubts over Redmond too I've really only got Michu and Ozil so a hit for a midfielder should be done. Having ridded myself of Giroud it may make sense to do Ramsey...I feel a little dirty, but he already got an assist of an Ozil goal in the CL and could solve a lot of problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

Brady injured and lampard starting tonight leaves me with potential problem......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Would hope Brady will miss max 2 games. Hull said up to 4 weeks. They originally planned to do operation after the weekend and have him back in 10 days, now they have brought it forward so he misses Villa game, but I'd think there's a chance he's back for Everton almost 20 days after the op, spurs game will be 3 and a half weeks after the op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Keller Bear

Ramsey with a potential tweak?! Looks like he could be taken off at half time. He is still playing for the time being though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Would hope Brady will miss max 2 games. Hull said up to 4 weeks. They originally planned to do operation after the weekend and have him back in 10 days, now they have brought it forward so he misses Villa game, but I'd think there's a chance he's back for Everton almost 20 days after the op, spurs game.
    Not exactly 2 great fixtures though. If I did not have so many other things to sort I'd switch him to Barkley after the city game

km79 wrote: »
    Not exactly 2 great fixtures though. If I did not have so many other things to sort I'd switch him to Barkley after the city game

He's gonna have been a sub on most FPL teams for those fixtures, apart from maybe villa at home this week. I'd definitely not be transferring him out for this even if likewise I didn't have about 4 other priorities.

Ramsey with a potential tweak?! Looks like he could be taken off at half time. He is still playing for the time being though.

Ramsey fine for these second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Keller Bear

Yeah, he looks like he ran off whatever it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

any news on pablo hernandez?
    when is he coming back ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Think nani could be a shout. Gonna see if moyes is willing to use him this week with a view to taking him in next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Yeah, he looks like he ran off whatever it was.

What was the story here? Was thinking of the popular Giroud to Lukaku to free up cash to ship Brady out for Ramsey! Im also hearing Ozil and Giroud played a blinder!?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭fran38

Do ye think Brady's value will decrease if he's out for the full four weeks? If so, would it be a good move to sell him now? i got him at 5.1, he's at 5.3 currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

fran38 wrote: »
    Do ye think Brady's value will decrease if he's out for the full four weeks? If so, would it be a good move to sell him now? i got him at 5.1, he's at 5.3 currently.

Anyone who got him at 5m is not affected by a drop of .1, selling price is still the same. He will drop for sure but i expect a good few to keep him as he was giving great returns for the price and many would have him as sub anyway for quite a few fixtures. Depends if you want him back in the squad later, if you can get away with it just having 2 fit and playing subs then id probably keep if you want him back. Might be a bit of a wasted transfer unless you can do something pretty good with the money left.

If you plan to wildcard over the next few gameweeks fire away and sell.

Advertisement