Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs v Chelsea k/o 12.45pm BT SPort

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Course he should've been sent off for clawing at his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,423 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No contact whatsoever. Cheating git Vertongen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Very harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Shocking decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Mike Dean......

What an absolute fool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What an awful decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hes been our best player too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

It was a collision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Should that not have been a free the other way?

Bizarre yellow card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Bye bye you big girl. Try using your feet instead of your hands. One useless pile of 50 million shiote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

He was liable to get that second yellow for a while now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Harsh red in my eyes, I'll take it though (all's fair in love and football :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Sad decision. Useless ref.

Vertonghen did worse than Torres there.

Can't even be appealed cos it was a 2nd yellow. Stupid system

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Can see why he thought Torres lead with his arm.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Should that not have been a free the other way?

Bizarre yellow card?

We're watching the spurs game yeah, don't think you've got the right channel on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Saab Ed wrote: »
    We're watching the spurs game yeah, don't think you've got the right channel on.
    Oh right, I though this was the Al Hillal v Al Ahly thread.

My bad.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You know you're not in the Spurs forum, yeah?

Edit: Would love to know what Mourinho said to Torres...Torres just seemed to have a 'piss off' smile on his face. Would expect him to made the scapegoat by Mourinho if they lose.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You know you're not in the Spurs forum, yeah?

They come out every now and again from their sanctuary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

dfx- wrote: »
    Can see why he thought Torres lead with his arm.

You are going to do that naturally when you jump. You can't jump with your hands by your side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Bye bye you big girl. Try using your feet instead of your hands. One useless pile of 50 million shiote

What game are you watching? He has been Chelseas best player today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

what we have we hold from Chelsea

Nope push on for a winner now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

He's probably been the best player on the pitch today ya big eejit. That's three rubbish posts in this thread today. Up your game you useless pile of 0 million shiote.

cech i love u

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

COYW wrote: »
    You are going to do that naturally when you jump. You can't jump with your hands by your side.

You don't have to have them by your side, but you can't lead with your arm either. You can very easily get a straight red card for it. If the ref sees it as leading with his arm - which I can understand why he would have, it is a yellow..

And not smart by Torres to do that against a player you've been niggling with all game.

Great touch and he runs out of play then. :rolleyes:

Curbishley on my stream.

A good draw against Spurs and Utd so far, 2 games we won last yer. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Pighead wrote: »
    He's probably been the best player on the pitch today ya big eejit. That's three rubbish posts in this thread today. Up your game you useless pile of 0 million shiote.

O2pBe.gif

Yeah he did well. Two yellows and a big girls face scrape. Winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Decent point, could have won if Torres stayed on though.

fair play to AVB he was straight over with the handshake.

just about the fair result. we were much better in the 2nd then Spurs were in the 1st and that 2nd yellow was terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'll take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Immediately thought Torres led with elbow. Probably how ref saw it too. It was his arm swinging motion that biased the decision against him. Vertongen should have got a second yellow for the retaliatory jersey pull on torres too. Replays showed though just telling them both to calm down would have been fair. Can't really blame the referee he saw it in real-time.

Deserved draw imo and Mata has surely shown Mou to be wrong about not playing him. Himself and Torres were brilliant, more so the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Well when you see the difference between the first half and second half it's quite the justification for Mata that he should be in the side. The difference really was night and day, he was excellent. The farcical red card ruins what was looking like a decent opportunity to get all 3 points. Still though an excellent second half display, string performances from Torres and Mata offer Mourinho food for thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Taking mikel off made a difference aswell, at least lamps can make a cutting pass, mikel is usually only good when we're winning already.

Mata made his point and it's getting harder and harder to justify his exclusion.

Torres looks like a man on a mission, harsh 2nd yellow but he was lucky to still be on, great to see him and be excited by his play.......finally.

The only positive thing about the torres red is its only a 1match ban. we had the bettrr chances and a goal rightly ruled out but weve to beat these teams and start better also we didnt start playing until the 2nd half jose is to cautious in these games amd mata played well too when he came on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I wouldn't be surprise if Jose has he's lad out when giving his interviews. Ala Chopper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The only positive thing about the torres red is its only a 1match ban. we had the bettrr chances and a goal rightly ruled out but weve to beat these teams and start better also we didnt start playing until the 2nd half jose is to cautious in these games amd mata played well too when he came on

Surely there's a chance he'll get a longer ban for the scratch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Imagine if Suarez had to have done that scratch? Uproar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Spursfan here.

Im happy enough with a point .

the game finally kicked into life & was great to watch esp Mata (MOTM for me) who I feel is being shafted by Maureenihio.

I thought the Torres red was deffo a 2nd yellow & lucky not to see red earlier .

Gbear wrote: »
    Surely there's a chance he'll get a longer ban for the scratch?

Why? He got booked already. if dwan doesnt include it in the report then i dont think much will be made of it.

Just got a PM from a mod for personal abuse so I've quoted this above, the only actually insult directed towards another boards member i.e. me. What a nonsence. If the mod in question would like to pint out the specific reason for an infraction then I'd be delighted to discuss it. Cue ban.

Just got a PM from a mod for personal abuse so I've quoted this above, the only actually insult directed towards another boards member i.e. me. What a nonsence. If the mod in question would like to pint out the specific reason for an infraction then I'd be delighted to discuss it. Cue ban.
    if youve a problem with the decison then pm the mod dont bring it on thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Why? He got booked already. if dwan doesnt include it in the report then i dont think much will be made of it.

I believe the FA can investigate players now regardless of the fact they've been booked already.

Advertisement