Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloydagh Church

Options
  • 28-09-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me because I'm not very familiar with Carlow in terms of getting around.

I'm looking to go to Cloydagh Church today but I can't find it listed anywhere for a location.

Would anyone happen to be able to give me a link to it on Google Maps, or an exact address? I can't find the road that it's on even.

I'd really appreciate any help, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Any idea of where it is near? Townland or area?

Try Clogrennan church!

http://www.libraryireland.com/topog/C/Cloydagh-Idrone-West-Carlow.php
    CLOYDAGH, or CLODY, also called CLOGRENNAN, a parish, partly in the barony of Slieumargy, Queen's county, and partly in the barony of Carlow, but chiefly in that of Idrone West, county of Carlow, and province of Leinster, on the river Barrow, which is navigable to Waterford, 2 miles (S. W. by S.) from Carlow on the road to Leighlin-Bridge; containing 1422 inhabitants, and comprising 4737 statute acres, of which 290 are woodland, and 324 bog; the remainder is arable and pasture; 3764 acres are applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £3774 per annum. The state of agriculture is very good. Limestone abounds, and is applied both as manure and for building: there are limekilns on a large scale, the produce of which is chiefly conveyed into the counties of Wicklow and Wexford. Coal also abounds, and is worked extensively. Sessions are held quarterly at Milford. Here are extensive corn-mills and malt-kilns, in which about 100 persons are employed.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Any idea of where it is near? Townland or area?

I was told it's 3km from Crockaun but I can't even find that on the map. Do I have the spelling wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

C-Shore wrote: »
    I was told it's 3km from Crockaun but I can't even find that on the map. Do I have the spelling wrong?

Gps 52.801456-6.965842 near clogrennan killeshin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

C-Shore wrote: »
    Found it! it is in a hamlet/townland called Cloydagh

http://goo.gl/maps/mhJy9

zoom out to see where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

Gps 52.801456-6.965842 near clogrennan killeshin
    http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3005/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Cloydagh Church is a "Church of Ireland" church covering a small area around Clogrennan, Co. Carlow.

http://wikimapia.org/1861134/Cloydagh-Church

Hope this is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Thank you all so much, you've been really helpful.

Now that I see it on the map, the original directions I was told somewhat make sense.

I have the coordinates now and know where I'm going.

Thanks for all the help.
    I had seen some posts about the building itself and knew I was on the right track, but just couldn't get the actual location.
    Even with some of the addresses listed on the sites I couldn't get results on Google Maps.

If there's ever anything you need to find in Dublin, I'd gladly help you find it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I was there last weekend, lovely little church.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

thats literally down the road from here

Advertisement