Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering with CRO & Tax

Options
  • 28-09-2013 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm hoping to register a business name with CRO (limited company), but I'm not quite ready to go into business yet. Can I register the name just to hold it, without registering for tax?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

Hi,

I'm hoping to register a business name with CRO (limited company)

Thanks

You need to clarify if you are
    A. registering a business name for a company that is already registered.
    B. registering a business name
    C. Registering a limited company

For your own sake hopefully you have taken advice on the difference between them.

If you are registering a business name then no you don't have to register go income tax, if it's a company then you should file a Form CRO 11F but don't have to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

(B) The plan is to register the name first and then form the limited company later through a formation company.
    Alan Shore wrote: »
    For your own sake hopefully you have taken advice on the difference between them.

Between the options you presented, or limited vs sole trader?

Advertisement