Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK bought iphone 5s any movement?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ordered mine at around 2pm on the 20th. Still processing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ordered the 20th got the dispatch email and looks like an October 8th delivery date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Same here - ordered on the 20th, dispatch email (received earlier today) from apple says Oct 9th delivery (to Parcel Motel).

Anyone collected theirs from a PM yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ordered the 20th got the dispatch email and looks like an October 8th delivery date.
    coffeepls wrote: »
    Same here - ordered on the 20th, dispatch email (received earlier today) from apple says Oct 9th delivery (to Parcel Motel).

Do you mind me asking what time on the 20th you two ordered

I also ordered on the 20th @3pm and am still awaiting dispatch in October

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Mine was ordered on 12.30am on 20th
    It's in newtownabbey NI at the mo
    @captain Morgan
    Did u get urs?

I ordered mine around 12:10am so basically as soon as they went on sale. I've a gold 32gb ordered though and there is a little delay. Originally it said expected delivery 7th to 10th October so 8th is pretty spot on, hopefully earlier. It also said info may take 48hrs to update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

I was really, really tempted to buy the gold 32GB 5S online via the UK store as soon as it was released. I had it in the basket about 3 minutes after launch. However, I was too much of a fraidy cat to use Parcel Motel for such a high value item. I've used them for lots of other things but the insurance limit of €100 put me off. I'd be really interested to know if it all works out okay for those of you choosing this method of shipping. Gah, I wish PM had a higher insurance limit - I'd have no problem paying for it when necessary. In the meantime, I'll just observe from chicken corner here.

• Advertisement

Glad to see no issues with PM with such an expensive item! :):)

My CC is minus ~650 euros this morning. Do they charge when its about to dispatch?

My CC is minus ~650 euros this morning. Do they charge when its about to dispatch?

Same here and apple site says Preparing for Dispatch

Happy to see that the Parcel Motel is going well, it would not be in their interest to 'misplace' any apple package, apple have tracking for it and its signed for by parcel motel so we would know that they have it. Parcel Motel also know what driver has the package and what van its in. It would be very easy to track down a 'lost' package it it came down to it.

It would also really hurt their business as if it happened to me everyone that would listen (newspapers,radio etc) wound hear my story

Parcel Motel is a new and very profitable system and they would not want to hurt that in any way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Can I ask what size iPhone people on here have ordered I'm in the market for

32gb space grey but wonder would I get a 16gb faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

babyhack wrote: »
    Parcel Motel is a new and very profitable system and they would not want to hurt that in any way
    I know that rationally and that I'm being a total chicken. My loss, I suppose. I'll still use PM for pretty much everything else I get online - they've saved me a *fortune* in P&P.

Good to hear you got your phone Captain Morgan. Enjoy the new-fangled goodness.

Just got the following email, anyone else get it?

Thank you for your recent iPhone 5s order. As you may know, demand has been incredible, and we appreciate your patience.

Your iPhone 5s is scheduled to ship in October . We will email you a more specific ship date shortly.

For the most up-to-date delivery information, visit Order Status on the Apple Online Store. And if you already have an iPhone, the easiest way to check your order status, including delivery information, is to use the Apple Store app.

We look forward to getting your iPhone 5s to you as soon as possible.

The Apple Online Store

Just got the following email, anyone else get it?

Thank you for your recent iPhone 5s order. As you may know, demand has been incredible, and we appreciate your patience.

Your iPhone 5s is scheduled to ship in October . We will email you a more specific ship date shortly.

For the most up-to-date delivery information, visit Order Status on the Apple Online Store. And if you already have an iPhone, the easiest way to check your order status, including delivery information, is to use the Apple Store app.

We look forward to getting your iPhone 5s to you as soon as possible.

The Apple Online Store

Same email to myself
    We must be in the same shipment batch

They've taken my money anyway so hopefully it's dispatching over the next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Ordered on the 21 of September still no word from apple you think they are made with solid gold.
    At this stage I might spray paint my 5 gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Mine was out for delivery on Thursday and Friday, but there was a mess up on the Irish fone number that I supplied , as the courier was trying to contact my friends house in NI
    with a Irish contact number...been put back out for delivery next mon/tues

As for PM........I use them a LOT.....
    Never had anything go missing....but as A lot of guys say here Apple only guarantee up to delivery of 1st address after that PM has the package insured only to 100euro....

I was going to use PM for delivery of my fone , but went with my m8ts sisters address in NI.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Mine seems to be stuck in Germany at the moment. Delivery date has been pushed from Friday to Wednesday now. Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

anyone know would iPhone 5 case fit the 5S?

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

anyone know would iPhone 5 case fit the 5S?

DT

There is a warning on the apple website that due to the change in camera the iPhone 5 covers may affect taking pictures.

First time using parcel motel so wondering how long is there usually between them receiving your package and notifying you they have it?

Package Progress

Newtownabbey, GB 07/10/2013 04:43 Destination Scan

Should this arrive at PM today ? (And be in Cork PM tomorrow )?

Package Progress

Newtownabbey, GB 07/10/2013 04:43 Destination Scan

Should this arrive at PM today ? (And be in Cork PM tomorrow )?

Mine was scanned at the same time
    They must be together

The apple site for me has an ETA of the 11th OCT
    UPS has an ETA of the 8th OCT
    Looking at the map the UPS center in 20 mins drive from PM, so there is a chance they may get it today
    Depending on the time PM get it you may have yours tomorrow and I may have mine tonight (Dublin)

But as apple and UPS have dates from tomorrow onwards, getting it today would be a big bonus

Yeah same ETA here. Ups for me have always been a day quick though a

• Advertisement

Mine showing the same times as above do ours must be in a batch together. I'd say most of us outside of Dublin will get them tomorrow.

Advertisement