Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK bought iphone 5s any movement?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I had a ups delivery a few weeks ago which wad delivered to my house before it even had " out for delivery '' on the tracking. 99% its already with PM

Pm update the website with check ins around 1-3pm

Mines delivered at PM now. On way to Cork today please god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

Mines delivered at PM now. On way to Cork today please god

Same here

Seems yours and mine are in the same box :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

babyhack wrote: »
    Same here

Seems yours and mine are in the same box :P

+1 :)

Looks like all three of us are now just waiting on PM

They got to PM at 11:30 so with a bit of luck I might have mine later tonight
    They last package I got via PM, get to them after 1pm and was in my PM just after 8pm that evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Is anybodies showing up on Parcel Motel yet?

I'd say unless you are in Dublin you are probably looking at tomorrow for delivery.

Hopefully I'm wrong though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Jofspring wrote: »
    Is anybodies showing up on Parcel Motel yet?

I'd say unless you are in Dublin you are probably looking at tomorrow for delivery.

Hopefully I'm wrong though :D

Mine is showing as checked in now. I'd expect it to arrive in Galway tomorrow :)

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    Mine is showing as checked in now. I'd expect it to arrive in Galway tomorrow :)

Same with mine

The last package I had that check in around this time was delivered to my PM at 2am
    Hopefully I can pick my phone up on the way into the office in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Mine is sitting in PM down the road waiting for me.... just delivered an hour ago :D

coffeepls wrote: »
    Mine is sitting in PM down the road waiting for me.... just delivered an hour ago :D

Mine was dropped to my PM at 12:07 (I had just gotten into bed)
    Picked it up an hour ago on the way into work
    Restoring from icloud now, happy days

I have to say Parcel Motel is a great service

• Advertisement

Got mine at PM at 7am this morning.

Well done Parcel motel :)

Mine was in parcel motel this morning also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

Lads when did ye order from the UK apple site?

Im thinking of going down this route also, i own a business but was going to wait for Irish release for VAT reclaim but its looking like its not going to be released till at the very earliest Friday week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Missed mine yesterday came around 2pm found the ups docket in the letter box wasn't supposed to come until today

Most who received here in the last few days ordered on the first day of release or within a few days.

The delivery times on the apple website are pretty spot on.

If you wait for the Irish release and for example its Friday week, then you will still most likely have another 3 weeks minimum wait for the phone after that again. That means your talking the bones of another month before you get the phone.

The phone has also worked out cheaper from apple.co.uk if you consider a 32gb will most likely come to €799. It was only €765 with the exchanhge rate.

The risk is there with Parcel Motel but it's up to yourself whether you take the ris. To be hones I can't see Parcel Motel wanting anything to go wrong. The last thing they need is a load of expensive deliverys going missing and ruining their reputation.

to get over the hurdle of the 5s delay i have ordered my wife a pink 5c which i will use until the 5s is released here. Used PM for the first time so i will be interested to see how this goes for future UK buys.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Most who received here in the last few days ordered on the first day of release or within a few days.

The delivery times on the apple website are pretty spot on.

If you wait for the Irish release and for example its Friday week, then you will still most likely have another 3 weeks minimum wait for the phone after that again. That means your talking the bones of another month before you get the phone.

The phone has also worked out cheaper from apple.co.uk if you consider a 32gb will most likely come to €799. It was only €765 with the exchanhge rate.

The risk is there with Parcel Motel but it's up to yourself whether you take the ris. To be hones I can't see Parcel Motel wanting anything to go wrong. The last thing they need is a load of expensive deliverys going missing and ruining their reputation.

Could not agree more re PM, as someone is business the last thing you want is your reputation destroyed by a driver nicking a phone. Also the driver earns more than the cost of the phone in the week so it makes no sense to risk your income and job for a few hundred euro

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thats pretty naive thinking with regard to courier companies. One of the biggest in the world started doing Apple deliveries and collections for iPod repair/replacements back in the days the iPod was fairly new to market, taking that part of the business off another competitor. All of a sudden the iPods started going missing left right and centre, but how stupid were they? They were nicking the collections i.e. the broken ones...........:pac:
    A lot of drivers wouldn't be earning €700 a week, and even if they were, taking 4/5 phones would be worth it. The only thing is that modern tech i.e. barcode scanning etc makes it much easier to pinpoint problems in the chain.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Thats pretty naive thinking with regard to courier companies. One of the biggest in the world started doing Apple deliveries and collections for iPod repair/replacements back in the days the iPod was fairly new to market, taking that part of the business off another competitor. All of a sudden the iPods started going missing left right and centre, but how stupid were they? They were nicking the collections i.e. the broken ones...........:pac:
    A lot of drivers wouldn't be earning €700 a week, and even if they were, taking 4/5 phones would be worth it. The only thing is that modern tech i.e. barcode scanning etc makes it much easier to pinpoint problems in the chain.

you get caught, and they always do, you get a criminal conviction... That does not travel well in the freight business. Of course stuff goes "missing" all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Received mine today gold one looks pretty but no difference to my 5 with the exception of finger print sensor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Mine still at processing items ordered on the 21st. Did any of you order on or after this date and get any movement on their phone or even get their phone.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Slightly OT but what do iPhone4/4S owners need to do to get the SIM card to fit, will the likes of Carphone warehouse cut the card down to the appropriate size (if that's possible) or do you need to transfer it to a new card altogether? Just want to be ready and know exactly what to do as soon as it comes in the post so I can get my 5S working asap. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Slightly OT but what do iPhone4/4S owners need to do to get the SIM card to fit, will the likes of Carphone warehouse cut the card down to the appropriate size (if that's possible) or do you need to transfer it to a new card altogether? Just want to be ready and know exactly what to do as soon as it comes in the post so I can get my 5S working asap. :)

They can snip it down for you or issue you with a new nano-card with the same number but with some networks it can take up to 24hrs for the new nano-card to activate as it did with my god-son yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

I called into vodafone today at lunch, they deactivated my current sim card and activated the nanosim. I didn't have the new phone with me (duh - that would've been a good idea), so I'd about 4 hours without network. Got home and hooked up the 5S, synced etc with the new nanosim, all no bother. Happy days :D

Lads, quick question.

Ordered a pink 5C for the misses and using PM, it's out for delivery to newtownabbey PM depot today. My local PM is Kildare based.

So when they get it today when will it be in PM in Kildare for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Lads, quick question.

Ordered a pink 5C for the misses and using PM, it's out for delivery to newtownabbey PM depot today. My local PM is Kildare based.

So when they get it today when will it be in PM in Kildare for me?

Parcel motel say 48 hours after delivery to Newtownabbey to cover themselves but normally it would be within 24 hours. I've often had items arrive in NI at 3p.m. and in Lucan at 5 a.m. next day.

Interested to see how my first PM experience goes, if it's as it seems here I can see us using it for other UK sites that don't deliver here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭liamcu

Placed an order yesterday. Checked this morning and my order has a dispatch date of 18 October with an expected delivery date of 25 October :-)

Well That PM service really is excellent, Misses 5C delivery to newtownabbey yesterday morning was in Finglas last night and was in my local PM in Kildare at 1.14am. Collected it this am.

Will defo use this service again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

liamcu wrote: »
    Placed an order yesterday. Checked this morning and my order has a dispatch date of 18 October with an expected delivery date of 25 October :-)

Same here!

Advertisement