Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK bought iphone 5s any movement?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

Well That PM service really is excellent, Misses 5C delivery to newtownabbey yesterday morning was in Finglas last night and was in my local PM in Kildare at 1.14am. Collected it this am.

Will defo use this service again.

That's good to hear. Decided to use them myself, first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Well That PM service really is excellent, Misses 5C delivery to newtownabbey yesterday morning was in Finglas last night and was in my local PM in Kildare at 1.14am. Collected it this am.

Will defo use this service again.

When did you order the phone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Just got a confirmed date of the 4th of November ordered the 21st and that is to a mate in London so another day to get it over from there.
    Did not work out very well this year for me :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

When did you order the phone ?

Ordered Tuesday morning there's zero shortage of the 5C and the misses is more than happy with it. It's a big step up from her 4

wush06 wrote: »
    Just got a confirmed date of the 4th of November ordered the 21st and that is to a mate in London so another day to get it over from there.
    Did not work out very well this year for me :mad:

Can you not just cancel it and chance your arm for Irish launch?

• Advertisement

Can you not just cancel it and chance your arm for Irish launch?

I'd say with the Irish launch you could be waiting 6 weeks or so for a sim free one. Boys and there toys and all that.
    Just thinking about it apple do know how to get to the bottom of your pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

If anyone is on the mainland and near an apple store, was in the Trafford center yesterday, massive queue outside the apple store waiting for iPhone. came back later and queue gone, loads of phones available in store in every style and colour except gold. Bought myself a 64gb slate grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

If anyone is on the mainland and near an apple store, was in the Trafford center yesterday, massive queue outside the apple store waiting for iPhone. came back later and queue gone, loads of phones available in store in every style and colour except gold. Bought myself a 64gb slate grey.

Don't we all live on the mainland?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Received mine today gold one looks pretty but no difference to my 5 with the exception of finger print sensor

Have you tired camera? Images are much improved, shutter lag gone competely. Burst mode very good and slow mo video gives good results.

For people who use the phone as their main camera it's prob worth the upgrade on its own. Assuming they sell their 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

culabula wrote: »
    Don't we all live on the mainland?

No, we live on an inconsequential bit of dirt off the north west coast of Europe.
    So inconsequential that Apple cannot even be arsed to open a retail presence here and we need to go next door to access one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

No, we live on an inconsequential bit of dirt off the north west coast of Europe.
    So inconsequential that Apple cannot even be arsed to open a retail presence here and we need to go next door to access one.

I must have imagined the hundreds that made it up to Belfast here on the mainland to buy their Apple gear then. Covered in dirt, they was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

copacetic wrote: »
    Have you tired camera? Images are much improved, shutter lag gone competely. Burst mode very good and slow mo video gives good results.

For people who use the phone as their main camera it's prob worth the upgrade on its own. Assuming they sell their 5.

This is good to hear. I thought the pictures with flash were coming out quite dark on my iPhone 5 since the launch of iOS7. I have a Galaxy S4 too and the camera was trouncing on the iPhone camera. I have still decided to go with the iPhone 5s though. Waiting to hear if a friend can pick one up this week in San Francisco!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I received a mail from Apple over the weekend. It should be shipped by this Friday at the latest. At last.

Think we will have to send Nidge and Fran around to you...... Mainland

Well I'm sure their are other "inconsequential bits of dirt" you can find to live on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Anyone on the UK order list here moving from a 5 to the 5S?

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Anyone on the UK order list here moving from a 5 to the 5S?

I'm not on the UK order list yet. I sold my iPhone 5 for €450 on Wednesday and waiting to hear if I can get a 5s from the US this week!

Well my phone was deliver to my mates in London this morning a little earlier then expected. So now is a matter of getting it from there to here. Mate said he will just go into the post office in the morning and get them to do it with a track number.

wush06 wrote: »
    Well my phone was deliver to my mates in London this morning a little earlier then expected. So now is a matter of getting it from there to here. Mate said he will just go into the post office in the morning and get them to do it with a track number.

When did you order it? Which type did you go for?

siobhanoh wrote: »
    When did you order it? Which type did you go for?

21st September went for 16 gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I'm not on the UK order list yet. I sold my iPhone 5 for €450 on Wednesday and waiting to hear if I can get a 5s from the US this week!

What GB was the 5? ...I was looking at getting 5s in US, but Apple seem to be only selling them as per provider...

Walmart selling 5 and 5C, but cant see the 5S anywhere simfree

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

What GB was the 5? ...I was looking at getting 5s in US, but Apple seem to be only selling them as per provider...

Walmart selling 5 and 5C, but cant see the 5S anywhere simfree

It was only a 16gb. My friend said he couldn't get one in the San Fran shop so he is going to try the apple store in the airport but I am not hopeful.

There's no point in me heading to Belfast at the weekend is there??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

It was only a 16gb. My friend said he couldn't get one in the San Fran shop so he is going to try the apple store in the airport but I am not hopeful.

There's no point in me heading to Belfast at the weekend is there??

If you are going up be there for 09:30am and you'll probably have to wait around as the delivery gets there around that time. Theres coffee and breakfast places in the centre or if not you can stay in the apple store and mess around with an iPad or something. I went up last friday for 09:30, none in stock, went out shopping, rang the store at 10:15 and they had a few in stock, left my wife shopping and flew down to get one. Unfortunately mine is going back to Apple soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

billie1b wrote: »
    Unfortunately mine is going back to Apple soon

Doesn't sound good - what was the issue with it?

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Doesn't sound good - what was the issue with it?

There's a rattle coming from inside it, only noticed when I got back from Belfast on the day, thought I was imagining things but my wife hears it too and its getting louder, rang Apple yesterday and they are sending me out a brand new one by courier and taking the other one away

If you are going up be there for 09:30am and you'll probably have to wait around as the delivery gets there around that time. Theres coffee and breakfast places in the centre or if not you can stay in the apple store and mess around with an iPad or something. I went up last friday for 09:30, none in stock, went out shopping, rang the store at 10:15 and they had a few in stock, left my wife shopping and flew down to get one. Unfortunately mine is going back to Apple soon

Thanks for the advise! My dilemma is that I want take my Dad's car and I have to drop him to Donabate for 9.15 so could probably drop him at 9 and be in Belfast for 10.30... wonder would that be too late!

Any idea if the deliveries are daily?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

There's a rattle coming from inside it, only noticed when I got back from Belfast on the day, thought I was imagining things but my wife hears it too and its getting louder, rang Apple yesterday and they are sending me out a brand new one by courier and taking the other one away

Ah right.. well at least the service from Apple sounds very good in replacing it.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Ah right.. well at least the service from Apple sounds very good in replacing it.

Yeah they were quite good, I messaged them online, they rang me back, was an Irish from Cork, totally on my side, never once got blamed, he said 'these things can happen on the assembly line, or delivery', replace it for a brand new one, I just have to pay €29 for courier service

Thanks for the advise! My dilemma is that I want take my Dad's car and I have to drop him to Donabate for 9.15 so could probably drop him at 9 and be in Belfast for 10.30... wonder would that be too late!

Any idea if the deliveries are daily?

They do get a delivery daily but can't be sure if there are any iPhones in the delivery, I said 09:30 to you because mainly there's a small queue for the purchase of it, I was number 4 on my queue. Anytime I rang in the morning at 09:30 they always told me to ring back around 10:30 because the delivery will be sorted, so maybe 10:30 / 10:45 is a good time to arrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

My order is finally dispatching today, ordered on October 1st.

Advertisement