Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK bought iphone 5s any movement?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Just placed my order on the UK store (via Parcel Motel) after a disastrous visit to Belfast on Sat. So now I just have to play the waiting game... Estimating delivery 12th-18th Nov... That's over 3 weeks! Anybody see their delivery come earlier than the original estimated date? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why are people still ordering from UK when it will be here on Friday?

murpho999 wrote: »

I won't be able to order from the IE store until Friday and that will take even longer? I'm hoping demand has died down from the UK store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Its cheaper for one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

siobhanoh wrote: »
    Just placed my order on the UK store (via Parcel Motel) after a disastrous visit to Belfast on Sat. So now I just have to play the waiting game... Estimating delivery 12th-18th Nov... That's over 3 weeks! Anybody see their delivery come earlier than the original estimated date? :)

Ordered mine on the 9th Oct. Dispatched on 18th Oct. Delivery estimate 26th Oct.

It's arrived in NI with Parcel Motel this morning :o)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

billie1b wrote: »
    Its cheaper for one

Are you sure? I thought last year they were more expensive in the UK?

DylanII wrote: »
    Are you sure? I thought last year they were more expensive in the UK?

Mine was 629 sterling which google is quoting at 747 euro (will probably be slightly more on the credit card). From memory, I think apple were selling the iPhone 5 32gb for at least 749, if not more and I am just presuming the 5s will have similar prices.

Mine was 629 sterling which google is quoting at 747 euro (will probably be slightly more on the credit card). From memory, I think apple were selling the iPhone 5 32gb for at least 749, if not more and I am just presuming the 5s will have similar prices.

Unlikely you'll get that rate on google via the bank, and then add on FX charges and shipping costs I really don't see how it's cheaper.

Unlikely you'll get that rate on google via the bank, and then add on FX charges and shipping costs I really don't see how it's cheaper.

This is why I said I presume it will be higher on the credit card. Shipping is free. €3.50 for Parcel Motel.

It may work out at 760 max. France are quoting €811 for the 32GB.

Source: http://9to5mac.com/2013/10/17/apple-slightly-increases-prices-of-iphone-5s-and-iphone-5c-in-france-slightly/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Does anybody know how long it takes Parcel Motel to update ones account once they have received your package?
    It is showing as been delivered to them at 11am this morning, but still no update on the PM end.

Edit: Just noticed its been updated now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

This is why I said I presume it will be higher on the credit card. Shipping is free. €3.50 for Parcel Motel.

It may work out at 760 max. France are quoting €811 for the 32GB.

Source: http://9to5mac.com/2013/10/17/apple-slightly-increases-prices-of-iphone-5s-and-iphone-5c-in-france-slightly/

I was charged €755 for the 32gb on my recent visit to the Belfast store.

I bought mine in the North, it was £549 which converted to €624 when I bought it, it will be nowhere near €624 sim-free in Ireland, closer to €700

I bought mine in the North, it was £549 which converted to €624 when I bought it, it will be nowhere near €624 sim-free in Ireland, closer to €700

How much did it cost you to go up to the North and back?

How much did it cost you to go up to the North and back?

€20, I also did 3 months of shopping while there so saved me a lot more money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

I really can't see how you got that rate. £549 has been averaging €650ish over the last few weeks.

Still a nice saving however as I expect the Irish price to be €699.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    I really can't see how you got that rate. £549 has been averaging €650ish over the last few weeks.

Still a nice saving however as I expect the Irish price to be €699.

Depends on your bank, i'm with PTSB, you get a better rate using your visa debit and no comission or charges, when I bought the 4s for £499 I only got charged €547 for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Don't use a Bank of Ireland credit card, they charge €13 plus change and call it a cross border charge. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

One month and a day and it is finally in my hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭liamcu

Collected mine from my nearest Parcelmotel in the early hours of this morning. :-))

Picked mine up from Parcel Motel this morning. No issues !

• Advertisement

liamcu wrote: »
    Collected mine from my nearest Parcelmotel in the early hours of this morning. :-))
    NetNinja wrote: »
    Picked mine up from Parcel Motel this morning. No issues !

Any earlier than original estimated delivery date? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭liamcu

Yes. Estimated delivery date when it shipped on 18 October was 25 October.

I collected it from Parcel Motel on 22 October :-)

My estimated delivery date was 26th picked it up yesterday morning from PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Yep, Mine had an estimated delivery for October 25th, I collected mine from Parcel Motel on the 22nd.

Sorry to drag up an old topic but did anybody get insurance for their iPhone bought from Apple UK? I tried with mobilecover but they only insure iPhones bought in Rep of Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Sorry to drag up an old topic but did anybody get insurance for their iPhone bought from Apple UK? I tried with mobilecover but they only insure iPhones bought in Rep of Ireland.

Apart from apple itself providing one year insurance, and that you can list it under house contents insurance, I haven't insured it otherwise or looked into it.

I used to insure my phones with the network but I cancelled that some years ago. I honestly think it's a swizz. I've had numerous mobiles since '97. Anyway - that last bit is just my opinion really....

Advertisement