Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I thought i found a great deal in a printer .....

Options
  • 28-09-2013 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

I a looking for a new printer , my old one has its good days and bad days. I need to get some stuff printed in the next few days . so checked on here and a few are looking too.
    so logged on to littlewoods and seen a few for sale but still in the €100 price is a bit much for me i hoped to find a €30 one , i know i know cheeky but if it on sale i might be lucky. so looked along and see one that is reduced .
    Its reduced by €1280 to the fine price of €119 !!! i got all nervous and said yea i would pay €119 for at €1400 printer !! bingo

HP Officejet 4620 eAIO Printer

so said i google it and see what price it is else where ! and its cheaper like its going for $99 on amazon .

Why would they have a price like that for a printer .
    does any one know did i find a deal or not ????
    I shop with the regularly but feel they are not as trustworthy as i had thought .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭brian_t

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'd say the original price should have read "€139.99" rather than "€1399"

€140 ish would be a perfectly standard price for an all in one printer, unless it's made of gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

Thanks Thoie !! yea , sorry i did not think of that , yea sounds like a reasonable answer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭brian_t

As well as comparing printer prices, make sure you also compare what the cost of ink cartridges will be.

Cheaper printers may have more expensive cartridges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

That's definitely a typo on the website.
    Unfortunately it does happen from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Littlewoods have just confirmed that the price should have been 199 not 1399!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Please, please, please for the love of all the is consumer don't rely on mark-downs to find a good deal. Nothing you ever buy in a sale is a deal. In fashion you simply pay too much for it most of the time and in every other branch of retail it's an artificial construct to make people think they are winning and buy more! (Possible exception is marked down food near it's sell by date).

All as Littlewoods are is a credit card where the items already have the interested added.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

They sell cheap printers in tesco. Mind you, the cartridges for them are always expensive, and only come with 'demo' (quarter full) cartridges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

OP have you checked out printers for sale on adverts.ie?

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/computers/124/q_printer/sortby_best_refresh_date-desc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

Bepolite wrote: »
    Please, please, please for the love of all the is consumer don't rely on mark-downs to find a good deal. Nothing you ever buy in a sale is a deal. In fashion you simply pay too much for it most of the time and in every other branch of retail it's an artificial construct to make people think they are winning and buy more! (Possible exception is marked down food near it's sell by date).

All as Littlewoods are is a credit card where the items already have the interested added.

thanks !!
    i know ! i did take a moment to think about going over my budget when i saw a deal like that if i was getting value i would buy , but i did my research and the price was not good enough so i stepped back. thats why i posted on here , god help the poor person who paid the €1400 !!! for a printer worth a 10th of the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Bepolite wrote: »

and then they charge and extra 39.9% per year if you go for their "easy payment" plan. :eek:

Nothing, absolutely nothing in littlewoods could be called a bargain - on many items they are 30-40% above even small independents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

AmberAmber wrote: »
    god help the poor person who paid the €1400 !!! for a printer worth a 10th of the price

I seriously doubt anyone page €1400 for that printer :rolleyes: anyone looking to buy a comparatively expensive printer a) would usually be more techno savvy and b) would hardly be likely to buy it from littlewoods. And even an 'expensive' desktop printer for home use would be less than €1400. No one in their right mind would pay that kind of money for those specs.

Advertisement