Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Boar Sausages

Options
  • 28-09-2013 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

I picked up a pound of these babies today and fancy making a winter warmer dish from them.

Any recipe suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Cork selfbuild

I got these in Rolys in Dundrum one night, they were served with I think a wholegrain mustard style gravy with mash, the mustard was a lovely combination with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Thanks Cork selfbuild. I was thinking of maybe a slow cooker dish - layered slices of potatoes, carrots, and onions, with the sausages on top, and then some fresh herbs, stock and wine - and maybe mustard? But I've never tasted wild boar, so I'm not sure what flavours would go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Cork selfbuild

You could do the layered dish alright, I think a wholegrain potato gratin with spring onions could be a super idea.... With a herby red wine Jus.... I'm getting hungry at the thought of it... :D

It depends on how much boar, they will be a tad 'gamey' versus the standard sausage...

Advertisement