Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't update the wife's iPhone with the iOS7.02 update

• 28-09-2013 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭

As the title says, she has 373mb free, this update is 18mb. When I try to update it says i need at least 855mb :confused: iPhone 4 running iOS7.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

It needs to do some backup on the device before it upgrades. Just remove done music/images/apps and put them back on after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭funt cucker

TBi wrote: »
    It needs to do some backup on the device before it upgrades. Just remove done music/images/apps and put them back on after.

Backed it up already, so I have to do a back up and full re-install?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

When doing it, the update uses more space then when it's finished.
    Plug it in, take off some photos or music or podcast. When the update is done, put them back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

It backs up stuff on the phone to the phone. A precautionary alternative boot maybe? All you have to do is free up a bit of space. Like it says...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I find it easier to just delete an app (and re download it after) you don't even have to sync then... If go to settings->general->usage you can see which apps use most space. If you delete an app make sure it not one with user data cause you'll most likely lose it (like game progress). Also deleting photos don't give much extra space, a single video will...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

flyguy wrote: »
    I find it easier to just delete an app (and re download it after) you don't even have to sync then... If go to settings->general->usage you can see which apps use most space. If you delete an app make sure it not one with user data cause you'll most likely lose it (like game progress). Also deleting photos don't give much extra space, a single video will...

I actually do this myself if I'm tight for updates.
    I back up to the cloud over wifi so hardly ever have to plug into iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭funt cucker

Thanks guys, she's a demon with the photos, 1,650 of them, loves them all of course and won't delete any, I'll delete some of her useless apps. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Remembered another easy way to create free memory; whatsapp. If you've never used "clear all conversations" (in whatsapp settings) you'll see it uses loads of space. If you have the photos/vids setup to automatically save to camera roll you actually have 2 copies on your phone. As before, you can see in settings->general->usage how much space it's using. "Clear all conversations" will only erase the photos/vids -and all text- from whatsapp but the copy in your camera roll will be kept. Even easier than deleting an app...

Advertisement