Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what is your morning beauty routine..?

• 28-09-2013 5:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭

The question is simple ladies(and gents),what is your morning beauty routine,i want serious answers only (no rude ones).

I will start off with my beauty routine:

1. Wash hair and shower body in flying fox lush hair and body shower gel(which smells divine).

2. Moisturise with nivea body lotion.

3. Blowdry hair with babyliss hair dryer, straigthen hair argos hair straightener, and curl hair with argos curler.

4. Apply essence mousse in matte ivory - its the only colour that suits me in full coverage,its a cheap make up in pennys.

5. Apply no.7 translucent powder all over face with bobbi brown face brush.

6. I then apply no.7 brown eyelash mascara to my eyebrows.

7. I use No.7 pink blusher with bobbi brown blusher brush.

8. I use urban decay acid rain eye shadow over my eyes,with a urban decay black eyeshadow in the creases of my eye with a bobbi brown angled eye brush.

9. I use naturals liquid eyeliner in black on my eyelids.

10. I then apply No.7 lash volume mascara on my eyelashes.

11. Then i apply loreal summer pink lipstick,and layer it with the rimmel apocalypse in fuschia pink colour.

12. A Spray sure deodrant and of jimmy choo perfume on my body,hair and clothes,get dressed,and im out the door ..

It takes up to one hour for me to get fully ready..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Wow that's quite the routine! You must look immaculate everyday :)

I wash my hair with Tresemme shampoo and conditioner and use whatever cleansers and shower gels are hanging around the shower. Then I towel dry my hair, lash in some Frizz Ease to tame the curls and blow dry my side fringe. The rest of my hair dries naturally, it's waaay too thick to style everyday.

My make-up is what I spend the most time on. I use Benefit Dr Feelgood Primer then pluck my eyebrows. Then on goes some Illamasqua Rich Liquid foundation mixed with some MAC Prolong Wear (I'm between shades right now and too poor to buy the right one!). I put on some Catrice concealer under my eyes and on the odd spot and brush on some MAC Blotting Powder. Then I put some Catrice Eyebrow Filler and let that dry while I apply Bourjois blusher and Benefit Bad Gal Lash and Bad Gal eyeliner (both black). Lastly, I use Essence eyebrow powder in the dark shade; I love my eyebrows to be really dark and defined.

That's my daytime make-up, for night I'll mess around with my Naked palette and gel eyeliner and some light lipstick. Perfume is usually Angel or Kenzo Flower but I'm trying to conserve them so I wear some cheaper ones too.

It's insane how many products I use :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭guillespe

I dont look near to normal if it wasn't for that routine,i forgot to put in i also brush my teeth but i think that goes without saying really,another product i used on my teeth is arm and hammer tooth whitening toothpaste with baking sode,it used to be the most expensive toothpaste to buy in boots ,but they now have it in dealz the 1.49 shop which i think is amazing value.

I heard so many people talk about Illmasqua make up i will have to give it a try,with foundation i am experimenting right now and trying to find a good coverage make up that is pale enough for my skin..

I think its good to learn of other peoples beauty routines as you can pick up a tip or two..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I wash my hair with some shampoo and conditioner from Aldi. Can't remember the name but it comes in a pearlescent look bottle and has a green thing on it. I've been using it for some time and always get compliments from my hairdresser that my hair is in great condition :o I always just roughly blow dry my hair and then brush it out so it's straight. I'm not skilled enough to properly blow dry it! :o

Shower gel is Soap & Glory Clean On Me followed by their Breakfast Scrub which is a body exfoliater. On my face I use Neutrogena Pore & shine facial wash and the matching scrub.

Body moisturiser is Soap & Glory Smoothie Star. It smells divine and comes in a pump dispense bottle so it's easy to use. On my face I use two Dermalogica moisturisers, Active Moist on my oily t-zone and Skin Smoothing Cream everywhere else. I also use Boots own brand rose water which I find is great for reducing any redness.

As for make up, I always start with my Smashbox Photofinish Primer. If I'm going to wear eye make up I'll put on Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion. Make up will either be Bobbi Brown BB cream or Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation. I set both with Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder.

Depending on what look I'm going for I might use Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel eyeliner or a MAC eyeliner pencil. I tend to wear dark brown or black eyeliners. Mascara is Diorshow Iconic.

My blusher varies from day to day, depending on the look I want, where I'm going etc etc but the main ones I use are MAC Peachykeen, Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick in Pink Quartz, ELF blush in Pink Passion. Same thing with lips, sometimes I'll just wear a tinted balm like Dior Lip Glow or maybe a gloss like a Juicytube or something.

All that takes about 40 mins. If I was doing eye make up, like a smokey eye, that would take an additional 15 mins or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Well, specifically in the morning, I just roll out of bed.
    Get dressed. Clean face with Clarins one step cleanser. Apply SPF/moisturiser.
    Brush hair and teeth. Dont wear make up.
    Am the lowest of the low maintenance-wise.
    I even get gel nails done monthly, so I dont have to bother with them!

And sin e. Takes probably 5 mins.

I do shower in the evenings/night time though. I cant stand a shower first thing in the morning! (only if I really have to).

PS: I am always in awe of other people's morning routines.

Anyone else any beauty tips for lazy(ier) people :-D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I don't wear make up- just putting that out there!!!

Ok, well, I shower with whatever I feel in the humour for, at the moment that's either Radox Cherry Blast or Pears Soap (such a clean smell!!!) and then I wash my hair. I use Tresemme Deep Cleanse shampoo, because I use hair pomade that doesn't wash out every day, so if it's a full 'degrease' day I'll put that in to dry hair at the start of my shower, let it sit, then wash twice more to get all the product out. That's every three days or so, otherwise I use my GF's shampoo since it doesn't remove build up, but does clean away dirt and cleanse my scalp.

Wash face in shower with Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel foam.

I don't use body moisturiser except on my tattoos, but that's either Aveeno Wheatgerm moisturiser or Vaseline cocoa butter moisturiser.

Face moisturiser is Nivea Creme, in the big blue tub. Been using it since I was a youngster, it's the stuff my Mum used all her life and she had AMAZING skin.

My hair takes the longest though. Once I'm out of the shower I will usually put in a hair tonic like Bay Rum, Sauvecito Grooming Spray or Florida Water, comb it through and then let it dry as I get dressed. Once dressed I apply my pomade (I have 40 different kinds so it depends on what I want my hair to look like and smell like- I have a rockabilly style pompadour) and my favourites at the moment are

Pompage (Coffee scented- INCREDIBLE)

il_570xN.433763127_rs7p.jpg

Green Fairy Pomade (Absinthe scented)

il_fullxfull.452736710_4jc2.jpg

Murrays Super Light (Smells, apparently, like midnight in the Spanish countryside. I dunno, but my GF is a big BIG fan of the smell!!!)

murrays-super-light-pomade-1.jpg

Usually takes me anywhere from 3-10 minutes to get my hair right once the pomade is in.

Then it's perfume on (either Aqua di Gio (original) or Tom Ford Black Orchid) and out the door!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I shower at night too, using Soap and Glory or Carex shower gel, Boots Tea Tree facial scrub and L'Oreal Smooth and Shine shampoo and conditioner which I love. I use Clinique moisture surge gel moisturiser. My hair takes aaaaages to dry so in the morning I blow dry with John Freida non-rotating heated brush (takes 10-15 minutes) with a shockwaves mousse for curls which is sadly not available anymore.
    Make-up-wise, I use Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, 2/3 shade 51 and 1/3 shade 53, with Lancôme concealer under the eyes if the dark shadows are very bad :). I don't use a brush or sponge as I find them wasteful and fiddly.
    I use Benefit Sugarbomb blusher on the apples of my cheeks and use what's left on the brush to set the make-up on the rest of my face! I find a proper setting powder too heavy and chalky for my dry skin. The blusher brush I use is a an EcoTools Bamboo brush from Boots.
    I fill in the outer ends of my eyebrows with Clinique Superfine liner for brows if they need it.
    I apply full eye make-up most days as I wear glasses and need the definition. I use a Maybelline gel eyeliner in black on the upper and lower lashlines and sometimes on the waterline. I set this with Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Cognac or one of the shades from my ELF natural shades palate, which will keep me going til I get an UD Naked palate! Then I use a creamy beige eyeshadow on the rest of the eyelid. I use a few Inglot brushes and find them great.
    I use Bourjois clubbing mascara in black because it's waterproof: it smudges a bit by the end of the day but it's easier to remove than most waterproof mascaras.
    Mostly I don't bother with lipstick or gloss but lately I've been using Mac, I think the shade is Nearly Nude.
    I finish with either Kenzo Flower or YSL Babydoll perfume, depending on the mood :)
    From start to finish I take less than 25 minutes to get ready, I'm not a morning person!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Shower and exfoliate with body puff thingy (wash and condition hair every 2nd day)
    Shave legs.. etc :D
    Cleanse and exfoliate face
    Tone face
    Face moisturiser
    Brush teeth (use a whitening gel twice a week to keep them bright)
    Body lotion
    Deodorant (Roll on first and then spray when I'm dressed.. I find this works great for staying fresh all day ;))
    Makeup
    Do my hair
    Dressed
    Perfume (Inis for daywear)

Done! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I normally have my hair washed the night before, I hate doing it in the morning! This is also when I'd do a proper body exfoliate and moisturise.

In the morning, quick rinse in the shower using Rituals foaming body wash. I'll do my face with Clinique foam off cleanser or St Ives daily scrub.

Moisturise face with some kind of Benefit product I have. At the moment I'm on a mission to finish everything I have before buying anything new! Then I apply primer, brush teeth and out the door.

At work I do my make up. MAC BB cream, MAC Mineralise Skinfinish, Naked Palette eyeshadows, Rimmel mascara, Benefit Coralista blush and whatever lipstick I'm feeling that day. I'll then comb out my hair and use Lee Stafford's Big Fat Texturising spray then brings my hair back to life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

First I brush my teeth, clean my face with Body Shop camomile butter and get into a hot shower to rinse it off.

I wash my hair with LUSH Jumping Juniper, and use a natural conditioner without SLS/silicones/parabens

I wash with l'occitane verbena shower gel/rituals hammam shower mousse.

Takes me 5 min to blow dry hair (short cut)

I use vichy idealia BB cream, sleek blusher in pixie pink, bit of mascara and tinted lip balm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

My god, you all must get up so early in the mornings!!

I have to shower and wash my hair at night, because I just don't have time to do that in the mornings. My hair is too long and it can take nearly an hour for me to dry it. So hair is always done at night.

In the mornings, I put my hair into a ponytail. I put my foundation on with a buffing brush, use an eyebrow pencil to fill in my brows, quickly line my eyes with gel eyeliner, a quick flick of mascara, a sweep of blusher and some lip balm to finish. This takes a grand total of 6 minutes! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Lol.

I hop in the shower and wash my hair (with whatever shampoo and conditioner I have at the time) and clean myself. Takes about 3 minutes. I have extremely fast showers.

Put body lotion on if I can be bothered.

Put olay moisturiser on my face. A bit of foundation. That's all I really I wear make-up wise at work. Don't bother with mascara etc..

Dry my hair. Throw it up..or leave it down.

Get dressed..

Then some days I don't bother with the shower..have one the night before. I start work early :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

This is a great thread. I always like to hear about other people's routines.

I wash my hair twice a week at night so I don't have to do that in the mornings.

Here's my morning routine:

Go to the loo (yes, it's a routine)
    Brush my teeth
    Put on a shower cap and hop in the shower
    Shave if necessary
    Use those exfoliating loofah things
    Wash my face
    Hop out of shower
    Moisturise face
    Moisturise lower legs and arms (I tend to skip this step a lot. But I try to do bare minimum with arms and legs)
    Make myself a cup of tea
    Make-up (depends on how I feel that day but the bare minimum is: foundation usually mixed with something to make my own TM, under eye concealer, setting powder, mascara, lipstick, contouring)
    Do something with my hair (I don't use heat in the mornings as it takes too much time. If it looks good enough with yesterday's straightening/curling, great! If not, I put it up.)
    Get dressed.
    Check bag to see if I have everything I need.

And I'm done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

1. Shower using Simple baby bodywash
    Exfoliate using soap and glorys flake away.
    Wash and condition hair with Andrew Barton Shampoo and Conditioner.

2. Get out of shower, wash my face using Dermalogica special cleansing gel and dermalogica daily microfoliant.

3. Brush my teeth and quick floss.

4. Moisturise my face - at the moment I'm using a garnier moisturiser but usually I use Dior hydralife.

5. Moisturise my body using aveeno.

6. Now I use batiste if I don't wash my hair this morning, or if I do wash my hair, I towel dry it and spray some leave in conditioner in, and a little bit of Aragon oil.
    I blowdry it using a round brush which usually leaves it very straight, but if needed, ill run over it with my ghd.

7. Spray a little hair spray on my roots and backcomb, I like a bit of height in my hair. If I'm going out ill leave it down, if I'm staying in ill pull it back into a ponytail.

8. Makeup. Doesn't take me long as I've got my routine down.
    - apply benefit porefessional.
    - mac studio sculpt in nc 15
    - mac bronzing powder for contouring along my temples, cheek bones and sides of face (figure of 3) then a little contouring down the sides of my nose, each side of my chin.
    - use a maybelline concealer in the lightest shade along my face following the Kim kardashian contour/highlighting method.
    - use "dainty" blusher by mac along the upper cheek bones.
    - use naked palette and some inglot colours on my eyes for a subtle smokey look, day time using golds and browns or light greys.
    - a little of macs blacktrack with an angled brush just to create a little flick. Don't like it too heavy for day time.
    - mac smoulder on my waterline, top and bottom.
    - either "they're real" by benefit or an inglot mascara.
    - lipliner, lipstick.
    - fill in eyebrows with hd brow palette with angled brush.
    - set makeup with macs translucent powder
    - apply lustre drops or highbeam on cheek bones

9. Get dressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'm another shower-at-nighter and I only wash my hair about twice a week. So, weekday mornings its:

1. Roll out of bed
    2. Brush teeth
    3. Swipe a bit of toner over face, moisturise
    4. Brush hair
    5. Get dressed
    6. Out the door

I get up at 8.20 to be in work for 9. Don't know myself after years of commuting from Carlow to Dublin :D

I do my make-up in work, so my moisturiser has absorbed properly. CC cream, eyebrow pencil, mascara, blush, lip gloss. Takes about three minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I get up. Brush my teeth first.

I then hop into the shower. I wash my hair. Lately I've been using a Tigi Bedhead shampoo and conditioner, the Mositure Maniac one, sometimes followed by Aussie 3 Minute Miracle.

I wash my body using Original Source Mint shower gel. This is my absolute favourite. So fresh and tingly! If I'm not feeling lazy, I'll exfoliate using one of the Soap and Glory exfoliators.

I cleanse my face. Currently using an Origins cleanser.

When I get out of the shower, I moisturise my face using La Roche Posay Toleraine Riche or Origins Vitazing. I moisturise my body with a Vaseline spray-on, though I would prefer to use something richer.

After that, I blow dry my hair and then get dressed.

I do my make up. A quick run down of the products:
    Laura Mercier Radiance primer.
    Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua foundation.
    Collection 2000 concealer.
    Rimmel Clear Complexion translucent powder.
    Anastacia Brow Wiz in brunette.
    Benefit Coralista or NARS Orgasm.
    NARS Laguna.
    Lancome Hynose Star.
    Carmex lip-balm.

For eyes, I either don't wear any make up (other than mascara) or I'll use my Naked Palette or some of the Maybelline 24 hour Colour Tattoos. I love NARS Via Veneto if I'm gonna wear eye-liner and my favourite lipstick is by Topshop, the shade Rio.

After make up, I either curl or straighen my hair and that is it.

Probably sounds like a lot but from start to finish takes around 40 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Novella wrote: »

I do my make up. A quick run down of the products:
    Laura Mercier Radiance primer.
    Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua foundation.
    Collection 2000 concealer.
    Rimmel Clear Complexion translucent powder.
    Anastacia Brow Wiz in brunette.
    Benefit Coralista or NARS Orgasm.
    NARS Laguna.
    Lancome Hynose Star.
    Carmex lip-balm.

Sorry about the threadjack, but how do you find the Anastacia Brow Wiz? I was contemplating picking it up but it's on the expensive side so I'm curious about whether it's worth it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Gauge wrote: »
    Sorry about the threadjack, but how do you find the Anastacia Brow Wiz? I was contemplating picking it up but it's on the expensive side so I'm curious about whether it's worth it :)

I bought it because there was so much hype about it but personally I don't think it's that great. I mean I like it because it does have a nice, slim tip which is good and I like that it has a spoolie on the opposite end but I won't be rushing out to repurchase it when it's finished.

Overall, I'd say it's worth trying and I'm happy I bought it but for me, it's not something I feel I couldn't live without and I will be trying other eyebrow products afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I cleanse my skin with garnier fresh cleanser (the green one)
    I put acnecide cream all over my problem areas
    I then wear oil of Olay multi-radiance cream
    I then apply Revlon colorstay foundation in medium beige
    I use catrice concealer on problem areas and under eyes
    I use catrice translucent powder all over face
    I apply HD brows bronzer in medium to the cheek, forehead and chin/nose area
    Black eyeliner Rimmel on lower lids
    Slate grey eyeshadow Rimmel on lids
    Black Rimmel eyeshadow in creases and blend like hell
    I usually leave lips neutral with Maybelline gloss can't remember name

Or if I'm having a good skin day which is hardly ever then I use a tinted moisturiser by Barbara daly for tesco and skip the heavy foundation and concealer.

I shower at night. Washing hair twice a week and straight blow dry.
    Pluck, tint and wax my own brows every 3 weeks
    Shave legs, underarms and down below every day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

1. Cleanse
    2. Tone
    3. Put on anti redness serum
    4. Moisturise
    5. Put on eye cream
    6. Primer (Revlon)
    7. Foundation ( Diorshow or Maybelline 'Fit Me', depends on skin texture that morning.
    8. Setting Powder ( Mac Mineralise)
    9. Eyebrows ( Dior brow pencil)
    10. Eyeliner ( Mac Teddy)

I keep it pretty simple in the mornings. Can't wear too much make up for work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

I get out of bed , splash my face with ice cold water to stop me going back to said bed, put on clothes and maybe brush my teeth.

That's it in a nutshell , I know I'm a filthy student !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Here's my routine:
    Shower cap on and work in my Liz Earle HCC, hop in the shower, take off my cleaner with a muslin cloth,wash with original source shower gel, shave arm pit, maybe legs and wash face again with simple face wash.

Dry off after shower and put on moisturiser, ATM garnier 7days the cocoa butter one and body shop Shea body butter on dry spots, might skip this if I'm in a hurry

Put on face cream, ATM Nivea q10 day cream, then either style my hair or sort out my clothes while that sinks in.

Then makeup, foundation (bourjois healthy mix serum mixed with bourjois 123) with a sedona lace stippling brush, concealer (collection 2000), setting powder (rimmel stay matte), contour (H and M bronzer), eyebrows (brown from the UD naked basics), eyeshadow (maybelline bronze colour tattoo), eyeliner (maybelline gel eyeliner ), highlight (soap and glory face glow liberally and the balm manizer sparingly) and blush (bourjois). Then lips, ATM rimmel apocolips

Then brush teeth and use some mouthwash, get changed and go

I plan to have breaky in the morning again, I'd make that after my shower and eat while doing makeup/hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Shower, wash hair if I wasn't at the gym or swimming the night before (using Aussie Mega shampoo)

Cleanse face (usually just use the Simple face wash), brush teeth, use a bit of light moisturiser if anywhere on my face is feeling a little dry

If I'm in work - get changed, do make-up (Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Porcelain, eyeshadow and blush from last year's Benefit She's So Jetset kit, Benefit They're Real! mascara, Artdeco lip gloss) and leg it out the door because the punishment of having to get an 8:30ish tube is enough to light a fire under one's ass!

If I'm not - back to pyjamas for a long, leisurely breakfast! Make-up will be done when it's absolutely required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

This seems interesting :)
    I'll usually wash my hair with elvive (the pink bottle) and conditioner (a white and gold bottle). I do this the night before because I have super long hair and it's even still damp when i wake up even with a good blowdry...
    As regards showering I'll use whatever is in the shower but it usually always smells like honey or cotton
    I use body butter, garnier tanning lotion on my face and after that dries in a bit of Anne French because I have dry skin and use it as a primer for my make up
    I have two different routines for school and weekends after that
    For school I'll put on my uniform, put on Rimmel foundation and concealer with my real techniques brushes if I'm really bothered, I'll either tie up my hair in a messy bun or I'll straighten it and clip back my layers, sometimes I leave it in plaits the night before and have it kind of crimped/curly if i'm really really bothered :P Put on body spray, lip balm, a few spots of perfume and some hairspray if i have to, put on my glasses and leave.
    For the weekend I'll put on foundation and mascara and do my eyebrows, maybe wear lipstick, I'll usually leave my hair down, if it's not going well I'll wear a beanie, most of the time I curl it. I'll take ages picking an outfit, a few accessories, put on my usual sprays put on my glasses and leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Shower at night usually in the Winter, in the morning during the summer.Aldi Lacura body lotion (this stuff is great)

Wash hair in the morning every 2nd sometimes 3rd day.

Wash face with a cream cleanser,tone, mositurise with Neal Yard's Powerberry, then put on spf 50 Estee Lauder.

Comb out hair with tangle tweezer, leave to dry naturally or if not washing that day wear it tied up in a ponytail or plait

Make up- Estee Lauder invisible fluid make up or her BB cream

Curl eyelashes

Catrice eyeshadows or Elizabeth Arden quad, neutral greys/brown

Catrice brow cream

Jemma Kidd cream blush or Benefit Sugarbomb

Lipgloss/ lipstick whatever is to hand, sometimes Clinique Chubby stick.

Usually eat breakast at work, if I'm running late do make up at work too, takes 5 minutes tops

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Jontymik39

Just use alloverea to my face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I shower at night as I am useless in the mornings! I will confess to not using body lotion very often but the vaseline spray one is great stuff. Also loving the cocoa brown rough stuff for exfoliating in shower!

On mornings where I need to wash my hair I do that over the bath before doing anything else and then wrap it in a towel so it can dry while im getting ready.

I splash a bit of water on my face and dry it. I;ve never been a big morning face cleanser I figure it cant get too clogged at night sure it was clean going to bed :) I apply a moisturoiser (currently elemis pro collagen cream which was an ebay bargain). Apply eye cream (Nip & Fab dark circle stuff). Apply make up, I only wear foundation if I am going out or to a work event so normally during the day I just wear
    -garnier BB cream
    -lancome under eye concealer
    -nip and fab eye bright
    - Mac bronzer in give me sun
    - Nars blusher in orgasm
    - eyeshadow either naked pallette or some neutral mac shadows
    - soap and glory black eye liner pen
    - catrice eyebrow powder (best little product ever!!)
    - Nyx doll eye mascara

I usually just brush out my hair while still damp, dry the front few inches and then tie it up while damp in a plait or bun and it dries itself during the day and when I take it down its nice and wavy

• Registered Users Posts: 26 purpleturtle21

Wash my face using clean and clear exfoliating scrub
    Moisturise using simple light moisturiser.
    Prime using w7 face primer
    Conceal under eyes usgng essence concealer pen + blemishes using w7 concealer palette.
    All of above done with fingers

Using blank canvas cosmetics flat top buffer brush I apply collection 2000 16hr foundation
    Using flat foundation brush (bcc) I take the same foundation but two shades darker and draw in my contour lines and blend with stippling brush (bcc)
    Then set using collection 2000 pressed powder
    I go over my contour using Honolulu bronzing powder (cheeks, forehead and jaw line)
    I highlight using highlight powder, applied with angled powder brush (both blank canvas)
    Apply blush - from contour set by bcc using angled powder brush
    Blend using round powder brush

Fill in eyebrows using essence eyebrow kit.
    Curl eyelashes and apply w7 mascara.
    Apply carnex and that's the end of make up routine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 purpleturtle21

Wash my face using clean and clear exfoliating scrub
    Moisturise using simple light moisturiser.
    Prime using w7 face primer
    Conceal under eyes usgng essence concealer pen + blemishes using w7 concealer palette.
    All of above done with fingers

Using blank canvas cosmetics flat top buffer brush I apply collection 2000 16hr foundation
    Using flat foundation brush (bcc) I take the same foundation but two shades darker and draw in my contour lines and blend with stippling brush (bcc)
    Then set using collection 2000 pressed powder
    I go over my contour using Honolulu bronzing powder (cheeks, forehead and jaw line)
    I highlight using highlight powder, applied with angled powder brush (both blank canvas)
    Apply blush - from contour set by bcc using angled powder brush
    Blend using round powder brush

Fill in eyebrows using essence eyebrow kit.
    Curl eyelashes and apply w7 mascara.
    Apply carnex and that's the end of make up routine!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

• Shower
    • Shampoo + Condition hair
    • Moisturise - Estee Lauder Day Wear
    • Lip primer
    • Dry hair to get wetness out
    • Section hair into 3 layers. Dry and straighten each separately
    • Deo
    • Sally Hansen Airbrush legs on my neck and chest as tan never takes there
    • Foundation - Estee Lauder Double Wear
    • Powder - Mac MSF
    • Colour in eyebrows - Rimmel Hazel
    • Various eyeshadows - Stila or Mac neutral colours, e.g. brown, bronze, cream
    • Pencil eyeliner - Boots No7 black
    • Liquid eyeliner on top - Maybelline gel black
    • Mascara - Lancome Hypnose Star
    • Brush teeth
    • Lipstick - Mac or YSL in a pale pink

That all takes about 80 minutes and I would do it before a normal working day in my office. I only do my hair every second day so without it takes at least 30 minutes off.

Of course I will have applied fake tan each week too and will have done my nails in the evening too.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

On a normal work day I:
    Drag my ass out of bed and into the shower
    Moisturise face with Cellex C products and E45 on body
    Get Dressed
    Laura Mercier Primer
    Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation
    MAC MSF powder in light
    Countour with MAC MSF in Medium Dark
    Urban Decay PP on eyelids
    Fill in eyebrows MAC Fling pencil
    Eyeshadow - usually MAC or an Urban decay palette. Browns usually for work.
    Line Upper water line black 24/7 pencil, upper lash line MAC fluidline blacktrack and lower lash line in brown shadow
    Curl lashes and apply Hypnose mascara
    Blush & Highlighter
    Lipstick and out the door!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

(Guy)

Straight into the bathroom and...

Shave using razor & Gillette cream. If the stubble is thick trim first with electric shaver or beard trimmer
    Shower with whatever shampoo I have and use soap with a long handle brush for exfoliation. Don't really bother with conditioner.
    Dry the hair with a towel - style a little with V05 matt clay
    Nivea Q10 body moisturiser and some Nivea for men face moisturiser
    Brush teeth & Listerine while that's all drying in
    Throw on the work clothes, get my snacks/lunch for the day together and get out the door!

Advertisement