Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC RF Wireless Magnetic Contact with Inertia Sensor RF-CSW etc 1070 Securewave panel

Options
  • 28-09-2013 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

My question relates to how much current this sensor would use if the alarm is off and I leave the window open as I am at home serval hours. Does the sensor keep chattering or transmitting or is there a communication from the Control Panel which switches the reporting to a lower frequency thus saving
    the battery power spec sheet gives greater 4 years normal usage but not sure if this covers leaving window open. Standby = 7microamp transmit 40mA a hugh difference.
    Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Leaving a window open will not consume any more battery life.
    If just transmits a change in state.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tester12

Thanks very much for that info.

Advertisement