Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit + ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

fend wrote: »
    Thanks all for your replies. Much appreciated!
    Any thoughts on the other question I asked regarding if the landlord replaces the chair and sends me the bill, am I entitled to the damaged one since I will have paid for a new one?

You could ask him, but you're not buying him a new chair as a present you're replacing one you've damaged.
    You're not entitled to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Any thoughts on the other question I asked regarding if the landlord replaces the chair and sends me the bill, am I entitled to the damaged one since I will have paid for a new one?

You could ask, but I don't think you have any entitlement to it. It still belongs to the landlord, whether you replace it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

The landlord cannot replace an old chair with a new one and expect you to pay the full price. Every piece of furniture has a life span - say 10 years if the chair was 5 years old, you only have to pay 50% of the purchase price of a brand new chair. He must replace "like for like" at the full cost - he cannot replace old for new and claim full cost.

The landlord may let you have the old chair at a considerably reduced price.

Advertisement