Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help Finding Gripe Water In The Limerick Area

• 28-09-2013 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Does anyone know where you can buy gripe water in the limerick area. My stocks has run critically low and the usual spots have run out so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can buy gripe water in the limerick area. My stocks has run critically low and the usual spots have run out so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi I had this dilema a while back, you cant get it anywhere in LImerick but some very helpful local boardsies might PM you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Can I ask why you want it, is it for colic in a child?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Can I ask why you want it, is it for colic in a child?

Yes its for an infant with colic, its the only thing that seems to work for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Been there & feel your pain, I was going to suggest that you contact Mahers Pharmacy in Clonmel, 052 6121205 they do a colic mixture (well they used to anyway) but a quick google brought me to a post on rollercoaster.ie which said they had to stop making it

It worked a dream for our youngest, within a couple of hours she was a different child

Don't know how you feel about ebay
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Woodwards-Baby-Gripe-Water-150ml-/280886820332?pt=UK_Baby_Baby_Feeding_Breast_Pads_Pumps_LE&hash=item416628bdec#shpCntId

Been there & feel your pain, I was going to suggest that you contact Mahers Pharmacy in Clonmel, 052 6121205 they do a colic mixture (well they used to anyway) but a quick google brought me to a post on rollercoaster.ie which said they had to stop making it

It worked a dream for our youngest, within a couple of hours she was a different child

Don't know how you feel about ebay
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Woodwards-Baby-Gripe-Water-150ml-/280886820332?pt=UK_Baby_Baby_Feeding_Breast_Pads_Pumps_LE&hash=item416628bdec#shpCntId

thanks naughtysmurf, if i cant get it il keep clomnel in mind. The thing about ebay the sellers are taking advantage of desperate parents and charging up to 15euro p&p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Taught Gripe water was banned now in ireland due to their been alcohol in the mixture maybe Im wrong??? but can be purchased in the Uk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

Heard from someone lately that she bought it at a chemist in Abbeyfeale but don't know which one, if I find out I'll post back.

steveon wrote: »
    Taught Gripe water was banned now in ireland due to their been alcohol in the mixture maybe Im wrong??? but can be purchased in the Uk...

There is no alcohol in gripe water anymore its not sold in the republic because of licensing issue's. After doing all the research I found that there are a few chemists that stock it but they keep it out of site and you need a letter from the doctor also some very rural shops stock it. Thanks to all who helped me locate a couple of bottles:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭letsdothis

Amazon.co.uk + parcel motel is the easiest way to get this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Slightly off topic, but at what stage of feeding is it recommended to give a baby gripewater.?
    instructions say before or during feeding. before doesn't seem to make sense.
    I remember the older generation giving the babies a spoon about half an hour after feeding and it seemed to work great.
    But as the old saying goes : no 2 babies are alike...!!
    Any opinions.?

Advertisement