Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aspire bdc

Options
  • 28-09-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Just watched a review by pbuzardo about the aspire bottom dual coil clearomizer. He was really impressed by the enginneering vapour and flavour of the product rating as the best he tryed so far. Dual coil bottom clearoks seem like theny could be taking over in future. Id say next they will come up with a pyrex design and kanger are right now working out
    theyre own version. Cant wait to try this i found it at finnvapae for less than a fiver but i heard a vendor in ireland will have it by the end of ioext week . Hope it will be the final solution for the out and about vape on the ego... We will see...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Sounds good, am using an iClear 16 that has dual coils in the top and finding it too hot, prefer the single coil evod or mini pro tank bottom coil albeit less vapour but cooler, think they are onto something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

Yes i was thinking on trying the iclears have the protanks. But now ill hold on for this one . What i want is more vapour for when i leave the mods at home. Cant wait now

Definitely more vapour from the iClear than the mini Protank I guess because of the dual coil tup, there are 4 wicks also and the IClear 30 has 8 wicks with dual coils!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Just received 1 of these this morning, jury is still out but how many volts should I use on my twist? 1.8ohm dualcoil.

I am very interested in what you think of the Dual Bottom Coil....henceforth to be referred to as DBC's :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Which one is recommended? The glassomizer or the maxi.... Both are on ESI?

dePeatrick wrote: »
    I am very interested in what you think of the Dual Bottom Coil....henceforth to be referred to as DBC's :D

Still early days but I think it's a winner so far.

Plenty of vapor, no leaks so far, no dry hits, good (not great) flavor IMO (might be a bit plasticy), really easy to fill.

Using Limeade at the moment and it's producing a great vape. The glassomizer version is next on my shopping list. Only have it about 5 hours but so far so good. I'll update when I've given it a good long workout!!

How many volts is too much for a 1.8ohm dual coil?

Still early days but I think it's a winner so far.

Plenty of vapor, no leaks so far, no dry hits, good (not great) flavor IMO (might be a bit plasticy), really easy to fill.

Using Limeade at the moment and it's producing a great vape. The glassomizer version is next on my shopping list. Only have it about 5 hours but so far so good. I'll update when I've given it a good long workout!!

How many volts is too much for a 1.8ohm dual coil?
    it does seem it does take a bit of breaking in all right, some people swear by washing new equipment and am beginning to think they are right, there are lot of oils/liquids used in the manufacturing process......

I am no expert Mollers but I found that 4.5 v on dual top coils were about right for me.

dePeatrick wrote: »
    it does seem it does take a bit of breaking in all right, some people swear by washing new equipment and am beginning to think they are right, there are lot of oils/liquids used in the manufacturing process......

I am no expert Mollers but I found that 4.5 v on dual top coils were about right for me.

I gave it a quick scrub this morning before use. The plasticy taste is not too bad but it's there, hopefully it will disappear completely after a bit of use. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Chris Dolmeth

I used an iClear 30 for a good while as one of my clearos.

Is it just me, or do they chew batteries ?

• Advertisement

I used an iClear 30 for a good while as one of my clearos.

Is it just me, or do they chew batteries ?
    I thought this too.....

Left the Aspire BDC unused in my jacket for approx 3 hours today.

Then grabbed it for a much need fix and it was popping and crackling like crazy, hot liquid on the tongue, vape was harsh and nothing like it was this morning. It had leaked onto the battery connection too!

Got home and gave it a clean and popped some el toro cigarrillos into it and sure enough its performing great again.

Seems to need a bit of TLC in order to get the best out of it but when it behaves it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Based on pbusardos review I was quick to buy the 2 versions available on ESI (both of which are ego style by the way, I had just dumbly assumed one was the bigger version suitable for provari etc but no)..

Have to say I'm disappointed so far - great vapour but very muted flavour for my high VG mixes - evod and protank giving far better flavour with the same juices..

It might be that they'll bed in, in which case I'll revise this post, but for now I wouldn't be mad on them..

Annoying little buggers, so inconsistant. But when working well they are lovely. Not sure if I want the glassomizer variant now.

I bought one of each and they should arrive Monday. I'll post how I get on with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Based on pbusardos review I was quick to buy the 2 versions available on ESI (both of which are ego style by the way, I had just dumbly assumed one was the bigger version suitable for provari etc but no)...

Ah bugger. I ordered the larger of the 2 hoping it'd work on my Sigelei. Looks like I'll have one for sale soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ParaHappyman

Have to say I am really disappointed, bought one a few days ago and have refilled it a fee times but each time it keeps leaking like a mad thing onto the battery connection of whatever I am using!! And I have made sure to not let any liquid to get into or near tje centre post part. Possibly just a faulty one or has anyone else had the same?? Really disappointed........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Pbusardo does mention in his review that it will leak if over-tightened.

I've gone back to the protank, my aspire leaked one day and was giving my dry hits the next.......pain the the hole! When its working properly it great though but too inconsistent. Might give it another crack during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 DrDebaser

Shows the power old Busardo has. I saw his vid and ordered both types from ESI. When they arrive I will report back. I have been using clearos alot recently after a long time of only using mods and the one thing I would stress is that every time I have had problems, leaking etc, thinking back, its because I overtightened.
    We will see...

DrDebaser wrote: »
    Shows the power old Busardo has. I saw his vid and ordered both types from ESI. When they arrive I will report back. I have been using clearos alot recently after a long time of only using mods and the one thing I would stress is that every time I have had problems, leaking etc, thinking back, its because I overtightened.
    We will see...

Might sound like a stupid question but do you mean tightening the different parts of the aspire bdc before attaching to battery? And if so can someone please explain how tightening them would make them leak , ie would the seal not be better and avoid leaking if tightened??? I have found that when I make sure all seals and parts of the kanger t3s is tightened it works almost flawlessly!!!

Not a stupid q at all. I mean when you screw your clearo on to the battery (ego etc) you tighten the thing on as far as you can. Sometimes this seems to push the clearo centre post upwards breaking the seal between post and tank. Then you have leaking. It varies, by this I mean that genuine ego batteries seem to give less grief than say a clone like an O***e ego. It's like the nipple of the battery is raised higher in some batteries than others. You only need to screw tight enough for the thing to sit comfortably making electrical contact . Just my 10 cents worth.

Not a stupid q at all. I mean when you screw your clearo on to the battery (ego etc) you tighten the thing on as far as you can. Sometimes this seems to push the clearo centre post upwards breaking the seal between post and tank. Then you have leaking. It varies, by this I mean that genuine ego batteries seem to give less grief than say a clone like an O***e ego. It's like the nipple of the battery is raised higher in some batteries than others. You only need to screw tight enough for the thing to sit comfortably making electrical contact . Just my 10 cents worth.

Would you think that would effect the aspire bdc glassomizer as much though because of the way the post sits into the seal at the atomizer connection? By the way thanks for the reply but also just want to mention that my 3 attempts were using the vamo v3 and each tine I reassembled the aspire and once tightened it normally, then left it loose on the vamo but still no good, leaking out the bottom like a mad thing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

I got an Aspire ET-S and Maxi from ESI.

Using them on an eGo twist. Initially, the ET-S was awesome but the Maxi had a plastic taste. It has now settled and tastes better, but I still prefer the ET-S. Really clean taste, with tons of vapour. I way prefer it to the ProTank or T3s.

I've ordered an Aspire Vivi Nova from Pink Mule on the strength of the ET-S.

Wiggy wrote: »
    I got an Aspire ET-S and Maxi from ESI.

Using them on an eGo twist. Initially, the ET-S was awesome but the Maxi had a plastic taste. It has now settled and tastes better, but I still prefer the ET-S. Really clean taste, with tons of vapour. I way prefer it to the ProTank or T3s.

I've ordered an Aspire Vivi Nova from Pink Mule on the strength of the ET-S.

Damn you all for having such a great vape with them :P I must have gotten a faulty ET-S so cause alot seem to be more than happy with them! Thats why I decided against gettn the maxi, cause of the plastic!! Just out of interest how are you filling your ET-S?

I've got one of each, but haven't tried em out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

Just out of interest how are you filling your ET-S?

I use a syringe.

Regarding the plastic taste, pbusardo has a lot of interesting information on his site this morning. He was comparing some good heads with some bad ones.

I have to say that I got the 2 aspires in the post this afternoon. Only tried the Maxi so far but unless my standards are v low (ok,ok) it vapes like a champion. Loads of vapour, good taste. Little bit of break in but not a lot . Unless it totally self destructs in the next few hours/days ---it's a winner. Oh and the Vivi types have just popped up on ESI. Bet they go quick
    @Parahappy- send it back / complain you got a faulty one it seems.

• Advertisement

I have to say that I got the 2 aspires in the post this afternoon. Only tried the Maxi so far but unless my standards are v low (ok,ok) it vapes like a champion. Loads of vapour, good taste. Little bit of break in but not a lot . Unless it totally self destructs in the next few hours/days ---it's a winner. Oh and the Vivi types have just popped up on ESI. Bet they go quick
    @Parahappy- send it back / complain you got a faulty one it seems.

Early days DrDebaser, mine was wicked for a few hours and then turned into a trainwreck!!!!

Advertisement