Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping to the uk

Options
  • 28-09-2013 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any recommendations for companies that dont fleece you on shipping costs to the uk.

Ive only ever sold online to people in Ireland, but I have a person interested in some items that Im selling, that im finding tough to sell here.
    Thing is it weighs around 17 kgs.

Just had a look on an post and nearly had a heart attack...:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Check parcel2go.com, click on the Irish flag at the top right hand side of the screen. I use them a fair bit & find the prices competive, they also collect the parcel from your house/business.
    Hope it's some help to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I am a GLS parcel shop but am not pushing them. I just have some knowledge here.

GLS ship to the UK upto 30 kg (I think), They charge by physical size not by weight. Length plus depth equals size. This is the basis for charging.

As previously mentioned, check out parcel2go.com for all your alternatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Cheers guys.
    Ive got a quote of 39 euro of parcel.ie
    I wont be paying the shipping but the sale kind of depends on the shipping so if i can go lower hopefully the buyer will be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

I use parcel2go.ie as well and I find them good. They are part of fastway. You do get a tracking number but once it leaves ireland the tracking can end.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Spice Girl

Is it a one off sale or regular? I got a quote from DPD for €15 for the UK - they didn't specify weight but presume it's up to 10kg. This was on the basis of giving them my Ireland business - €5 per parcel. I sell DIY wedding stationery and papers so it's probably never going to be hugely heavy. Phone around a few places rather than looking online - you'll get a better deal if you actually speak to someone and give them an idea of the volume of business.

• Advertisement
Advertisement