Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBH & Gary O H

Options
  • 28-09-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭

Unless there is an error in the results it looks like Gary O Hanlon won the 10k in 33 mins and less than an hour later "jogged" the half in 1.18 at the Galway Bay Half and 10k today.

If that's correct it's some going!

TbL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

There was a grand for 1st team, maybe someone from Clonliffe didn't show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Followed that up by a 1st in the 10k and 2nd in the 5k in the jog for jockey races in the curragh today. Based on gun and chip times it looks like he may have missed the start of the 5k though.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭conavitzky

Unless there is an error in the results it looks like Gary O Hanlon won the 10k in 33 mins and less than an hour later "jogged" the half in 1.18 at the Galway Bay Half and 10k today.

If that's correct it's some going!

TbL
    Was at this and looked like he barely broke sweat for the 10k!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

That's some all round running.

I was struggling manfully around a few marathons this year and he seemed to be comfortably bashing them out around 2.30 week after week!!

Not trying to set up a GOH appreciation society and I don't know him but that's quality running over a wide variety of distances.

Anyone know what age (bracket) he is?

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

I was struggling manfully around a few marathons this year and he seemed to be comfortably bashing them out around 2.30 week after week!!

Not trying to set up a GOH appreciation society and I don't know him but that's quality running over a wide variety of distances.

TbL

He's 39.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

TbL

He is 39 since july

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

he is a serious athlete, always like to see him doing well. He fought back from a serious accident in his teens, showed incredible determination

Advertisement