Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congratulations!

• 28-09-2013 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats to all involved in the game today ...... particularly the players.

It was a joy to watch such a game of hurling.

The effort, skill and sheer stamina of those lads was something to behold.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It has been a wonderful day!

My grandfather was an infant when Clare won their first All Ireland title in 1914, all through his life he supported Clare and longed for the day that his beloved county would bring the Liam McCarthy cup home to Clare. Alas, it was not to be, he died a couple of years before the 1995 success.

I feel so blessed to have seen three fantastic All Ireland wins so far in my lifetime, I look forward to many more in the future. Looking at the team today, that is a real prospect.

It has been a wonderful championship this year, congratulations to everyone who was part of today's success.

Finally, in these days of doom and gloom, thank God for hurling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Well done, delighted for Clare
    Enjoy the celebrations :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Poetry in motion ..emotion overload! What a great day ..best game I've ever seen !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

MrsD007 wrote: »
    It has been a wonderful day!

My grandfather was an infant when Clare won their first All Ireland title in 1914, all through his life he supported Clare and longed for the day that his beloved county would bring the Liam McCarthy cup home to Clare. Alas, it was not to be, he died a couple of years before the 1995 success.

He will be smiling today MrsD!!.....I'm sure of it...

Congratulations Clare..........Great game today, It warmed the heart looking at such a fantastic game of hurling.......I was down near the match today and I saw a lovely gesture......A Clare lady (all decked out) was looking up and down the road as if she was lost and a Cork supporter came over to her on spec to see if she knew the way to the match.......He was only a young lad and I just thought "what a sporting way to behave!".....:)

GSWxxx:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

I came close to heart failure on both occasions :D but it was worth it in the end. Thanks lads and enjoy it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

by the way congratulations Clare in a tremendous all ireland final, very entertaining!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Congrats yesterday lads on the win,fully deserved.

Is the homecoming on tonight?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Yep.

http://clare.fm/news/hurling-heroes-set-huge-homecoming
    Davy Fitzgerald's senior panel, who beat Cork by six points in yesterday's senior decider, are beginning their journey from Dublin this afternoon and the Liam McCarthy cup will enter the county sometime after 4 o'clock.
    The team are then scheduled to make stops in Cratloe, Sixmilebridge and Newmarket on Fergus before arriving in Ennis where a crowd of at least 20,000 is expected to greet them at Tim Smyth Park.
    While the All Ireland Senior title hasn't been won by Clare since 1997, this year's Under-21 title was a third for the county since 2009. Around 20,000 people are expected to attend tonight's event at Tim Smyth Park in Ennis.
    Entertainment starts at 6 o'clock, with both teams are expected at the venue for 7.30 but organisers are urging fans to arrive early and get involved in the party atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Excellent match, excitement the whole way through.

It's been a great year for hurling!

Well done lads. (And Davy too!)

Advertisement