Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nat geo lies?

Options
  • 29-09-2013 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

So I'm watching documentary called Africa's blood river and it follows a zebra and her foal as they migrate over croc infested river. Anyway mother and foal get Seperated and mother winds up on the hundreds of dead and drowned wildebeest bodies while her foal calls to her. Mother is battered and bruised and has vultures pecking at her rear while alive.
    She's bleeding and hardly able to move but falls into the river and tries to swim. Camera goes to the foal and back to mother as she climbs out into a rock and up to her foal. Narrator gives the whole incredibly speech and mother and foal are reunited.
    My point is when the mother got out of river she had plenty f energy and not a scratch on her.
    Do they lie about it to make a happy ending show??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

I would have to see the video, but yeah, Nat Geo has been known to "create" stories by editing bits of film together and make it all more dramatic.
    I remember reading an interview with one of their most famous filmmakers (the one who films mostly leopards and other predators in Africa) and he admited that much.

Advertisement