Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere I can get a Gold pass online? Stuck in VN with no credit card.

Options
  • 29-09-2013 2:36am

Just bought an xbox again and want to play some halo3 online.. But want to check if my internet is good enough before askin a friend for their credit card.

Can I get a month pass anywhere?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Do a speed test - low ping is what you want. Too high and you will get lag.
    You don't need a lot of Mb(MB?) either.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

There will be a free gold weekend 4th-6th October.

Ping in 10ms in Hanoi and about 70ms to singapore/taiwan/japan which is who I'd hopefully be hooked up against. Think Halo worked well with around 30ms so it's prob too slow. Annoying since my up and down speeds are over 30mb each way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ping in 10ms in Hanoi and about 70ms to singapore/taiwan/japan which is who I'd hopefully be hooked up against. Think Halo worked well with around 30ms so it's prob too slow. Annoying since my up and down speeds are over 30mb each way.

70ms - wouldn't even notice it.
    I'd go for it.

Advertisement