Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website review

Options
  • 29-09-2013 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Ok- primarily a website review. Also any tips on seo.
    www.floorplan.ie

Basically Irish house plans website I've been tinkering with. Shopify platform- but kept it fairly minimal.

Interested in how people interact with the first page and also what to do for seo.

Comments welcome- thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

After a quick browse i would say to make the nav links just a bit bigger. Clean design but a bit too clean. The amount of whitespace on Homescreen is a bit too much.

Also SEO wise id say theres just not enough text. Very keyword light. This is by far the biggest problem i see with SEO. What do you think people will search for to find your site? Have you put together a list of keywords? "Selected house designs" is H2. should be H1 and be more targeted. Or maybe thats what they will be searching for im not sure as i dont know the subject. I would have though maybe self build house plans or just housed plans make more sense.

Dropdown menu at bottom of homescreen. Move it up. That where you should be aiming to get people interacting. Either that or have some other call to action that attracts eyes. maybe just below nav links.

Quite like the design of the product page once you click on a plan. really nice. just needs more text for SEO.

Images on home screen there. Might be good to have a little note on side of image that say things like "4 bedroom" , "2 storey" etc.

Advertisement