Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio series about age

Options
  • 29-09-2013 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello all,

I'm producing a radio series about age for Dublin City FM. I'm looking for older people (aged 50+) to participate in the series as interviewees.

The series has a philosophy behind it - to counter misconceptions, stereotypes, assumptions and expectations about age through the stories and experiences of older people.

The people I'm looking for might be in an interesting or unusual line of work, they might have used retirement to do something new, they might be continuing a job or hobby into older age that is often associated with younger people, or they might have overcome some obstacle (whether it's related to age or not). In general, I'm looking for people with interesting stories, who happen to be older. I don't want to make a big deal about the age of participants, as part of the series' point is that a person's age isn't as important as the person him/herself.

As well as anyone with an interesting experience or story to tell, there are some people that I'm looking for in particular, to be part of particular episodes:
    - Members of the LGBT community
    - People involved in community work or activism (anything from volunteering somewhere to taking part in protests)
    - Musicians/bands (preferably performing their own, original music)
    - Anyone with any experiences of ageism or changing attitudes from other people based on their age (or other people's assumptions about their age)
    - People who immigrated to Ireland or returned to Ireland having emigrated (particularly those who did so at an older age)
    - Any performers or creative types (actors, singers, artists, photographers, etc.)
    - Women and men who would like to talk about ageing and gender (differences, similarities, etc.)
    - People who are in education or who began a course of education or training at an older age (I'm including people who have educated themselves; through reading, attending talks and lectures, etc.)
    - People who don't 'act their age' in any way
    - Anyone with something that they want to get off their chest!

If you think you fit any of these particular descriptions, or the general description above those, please get in touch with me by replying to this thread, sending me a private message, emailing me at hanloneoghan@gmail.com or calling my mobile at 083 3557945. Equally, if you can think of someone who does fit the bill, please pass on my details to them.

I'd greatly appreciate hearing form anyone who wants to participate. Obviously you'll be helping me out, but you'll also be giving yourself the opportunity to tell your story.

Cheers,
    Eoghan Hanlon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 whatisjourno

I forgot to mention, Dublin City FM is aimed at a Dublin audience, obviously, so people living in, working in or originally from Dublin would be much preferred.

Cheers,
    Eoghan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement