Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used Qvis hardware?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Gabico

I mentioned in the other thread that these qvis cameras look very similar to the dahua cameras I am using. Dahua have good reviews and I am happy with mine so far.
    This is a good review for the dahua 2Mp dome

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Gabico wrote: »
    I mentioned in the other thread that these qvis cameras look very similar to the dahua cameras I am using. Dahua have good reviews and I am happy with mine so far.
    This is a good review for the dahua 2Mp dome

Great, thanks! Do you by any chance use an NVR with them? I'm looking for recommendations for one where you can access the cameras from an android easily, as well as play recorded footage.

Thanks again

I dont use a NVR at the moment.
    They have an android (iOS as well) application to view live stream and they have a surveillance software for PC. The cameras can be set up to be triggered by motion and save the stream on a ftp (have a NAS for this) by themselves.
    I am in the process of setting up zoneminder on an old laptop and use this for surveilance. If this doesnt work properly I will probably get a NVR (most likely same brand).
    If you're ever around Galway I can show you my setup.

Thanks for that, might take you up on it. I have a Windows server running 24*7 so I might try and get away without the NVR too, means I'll have to buy a POE switch though to avoid running power.

Gabico - do you have any idea what the difference in quality for night shots would be like in these two cameras;

This one uses "True Day/Night Real ICR" and I can't see any IR's in the image;
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/qvis-2mp-1080p-outdoor-vandalproof-ip-dome-camera-847925

and this one uses "WDR,Day/Night(ICR)" and there's a pile of IR's there;
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/qvis-2mp-1080p-ir-outdoor-vandal-dome-ip-camera-847927

The latter is over twice the price and where I'll be putting it, there will be a motion detected floodlight illuminating the area at night time anyway. But still, paying out for a 1080p camera, I'd prefer to know it will perform well at night if I forget to turn the floodlight on!

Thx

• Advertisement

Hi
    I have one dome linked in the first post similar with the cheaper qvis you linked and the night quality is not great I have to say. I have this installed above the front door. I live in a rural aria with no street lighting and if I don't turn on my outside lights I can't see much with it. If I turn my lights I can only see things close to the door (2-3mtrs), still useful if someone is getting close but thats about it.
    I dont know anything about the second dome camera, it will be better but hard to say how much better.
    For me the bullet cameras with ir are much better in the dark. I have 2 of these and one of this and the I am happy with them. In the future I am hopping to install better IR lighting for them so they should get even better. You can have a look on some night clips on that review site.
    That qvis is very expensive in my opinion, not sure it is worth it. Better off with the cheaper one and some IR illuminators.

Good man, thanks for that. I think I'll stay away from it.

Advertisement