Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Free Text and Calls promotion

Options
  • 29-09-2013 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Something I noticed recently about Meteor - they have begun charging me for Meteor to Meteor texts and calls, despite never doing this before. My contract states, that I have 200 free minutes, 200 free texts and also free meteor to meteor calls and texts.

On inspection of my bills (they are paperless so never see them really), last month I was charged €64 (instead of standard €45).

I phoned up customer care this morning, and she said the promotion for free meteor calls/texts was only for one year, and then they start being taking from the 200 free bunch. However my contract makes no reference that the promotion is for one year - does not specify any time period.

I've mentioned it to someone who bought a phone around the same time as I did with this promotion and they to have noticed they are being charge and the contract makes no reference to it being a 1 year promotion only.

Is the best advice to send a scan copy to the complaints team in meteor and ask wtf is going on and why you are charging me?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I am not sure about the promotion thing but if you are paying €45 for 200 free minutes and 200 free texts then you need to change your contract immediately. OK provided you are out of contract.

Even if you are in a contract might be worth trying to change it. There's a 4G plan now for unlimited texts and minutes plus 3GB internet for €49.

3GB data ? is that for real ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

It depends on your usage and most probably better than what he is already getting. Plus its a 4g plan. FREE unlimited data till march 2014.

I only have 2gb limit but I hardly ever exceed 250mb or so per month. Wifi at home and office helps.

Advertisement