Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie Question

• 29-09-2013 1:53pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭

1st off sorry if this is in the wrong part of this forum so feel free to move/delete etc :)

Anywho i have been thinking about getting into the oul djing area , Well tbh just doing a few parties etc but maybe as time goes by might get into doing my own mixes etc . But was just wondering what gear would people recommend getting?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Feckless Rogue

IMO you can't go wrong with Traktor and a dedicated controller such as the Native Instruments S2.

There is a significant learning curve so you really have to invest some time into learning it properly but you can do amazing things with this combo (or of course just do simple mixing while you're starting off).

I recoment downloading the demo and having a play around; if you have a MIDI controller hook it up and see if you can get a mix going!

Advertisement