Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitarist available - Dublin

Options
  • 29-09-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

38 year old guitarist looking for original band - open to a wide variety of styles, but not a virtuoso.
    I listen to a lot of stuff. I grew up on metal/rock, I write quiet acoustic stuff without actually planning to. I listen to 80's new wave/mutant-disco. I've spent time in post-punk, new wave, art rock, classic rock, soul & Motown bands. Probably the only things I'm really not up for are Indie/Britpop, Metal, or U2/Coldplay etc.
    I sometimes want to be in a pure Creedence Clearwater tribute band.
    On other days, I want to be a member of Devo. I still listen to Metallica, but only up to "...and Justice...", or sometimes just nice sing-along classics. I wish I could write songs like the Shins. But I want to have the same vibe as Josef K.
    Part of me wants to play Thin Lizzy riffs all the time. But I'm not really that kind of guitar player. I'd be better suited to the Cramps. If someone asked me to name a guitar hero, it'd be Nile Rodgers. I still think Huey Lewis & the News were underrated. Ditto That Petrol Emotion. I'm in awe of the Velvet Underground, but I still like old Elton John. I love Joy Division, but I'd like to have heard them covering Cheap Trick.
    I think the first 4 Siouxsie & the Banshees albums are ESSENTIAL, I love listening to Joni Mitchell when I'm in the house on my own in the morning, I think everyone should own at least one Misfits album (probably Legacy of Brutality), I can't understand when people say the Smiths are depressing, and I'd like to join or form a band with drums/keys/bass/vocals, as soon as possible. Age and circumstances not really an issue, I guess the key thing is finding people with the similar ideas.
    I have my own gear, willing to travel a bit (ie. Dublin/Kildare/Wicklow etc.). I have no interest in "making it big", purely in writing, rehearsal, maybe doing some interesting covers, playing enjoyable gigs and recording whenever. It should be hard work but it's not supposed to be a chore. I have no intention of giving people a hard time over "commitment issues". It's mostly for fun, and a little creative outlet. I leave it up to people to determine for themselves how seriously they want to take it.
    ...although, to be honest, I'd settle for that Creedence tribute, no question.
    If any of this makes sense to anyone (particularly other musicians) please get in touch.

Advertisement