Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheaper alternative to Royal Canin?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

I've just put mine onto Select Gold after months of chopping and changing foods constantly to find one that suited, then went to visit my sister and couldn't get over her inky, shiny black cat (made my poor black cat look brown alongside her). She's been on select gold since she was a kitten so we're going to give it a go and see how they take to it. It's about a tenner cheaper than Royal Canin. Used to use Royal canin for my guys but one started throwing it up out of the blue, anytime they go back on it he throws it up again, so that's the end of that. I do still use the kitten one for fosters though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I feed both of mine royal canin mixed with some wet food. Tried them on some other foods but I think you get what you pay for really. People comment on how healthy and shiny blues coat is all the time and they're both thriving.
    With pet food your really don't get what you pay for because there are plenty of "premium brands" (inc. RC) which are not premium in quality but only in price tag.

Advertisement