Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs nerves - autumn leaves falling

• 29-09-2013 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Hi, I moved here in April and am positioned right beside a lot of trees. The leaves and small twigs are constantly falling and tapping the window. Me poor dogs nerves seemed to be rattled.
    I've taken her out and hunched down with her while they are falling outside but it hasn't made a difference.
    Is there anything I can do to help settle her?

Not sure if its related but I was burgled a couple of months ago and she was here when it happened so wondering if the tapping at the window is reminding her of that?
    Burglers smashed the window to get in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Maybe and DAP/ADAPTIL plugin would help - worth a try at least to help calm her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I've never heard of them? Whats the deal? I know I can just google them but prefer to hear first hand from people in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It's dog appeasing pheromone - it mimics the pheromone that females release to calm puppies and can help calm a dog in stressful situations. You can get a spray, collar or plugin diffuser. I'd recommend buying online from the UK - you can pick them up for a log cheaper than buying here.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

You could try get a thundershirt also. I heard they are very good but just ensure you introduce them to your dog in the correct way!

Advertisement